HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

PENN 15 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 4:58 AM

The new lobby is much, much better. I wonder if the public will be allowed to come into the lobby and sit or if it's just for workers?

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 6:11 AM
Show me the blueprints

I hate this building but the previous lobby design looked way more grand than the redesign. Just scrap this whole tower and start over or just bring back one of the Pelli designs and call it a day.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 12:32 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Now that’s very eco-friendly.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 6:31 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
The new lobby is much, much better. I wonder if the public will be allowed to come into the lobby and sit or if it's just for workers?
It’s supposed to be public. There will be a food hall connected, as well as retail. But what the renderings have yet to show is that both this site and the adjacent Manhattan Mall will have a lot of retail, combined more than is at the mall at Hudson Yards. I also wonder if the redesign is a result of Hochul’s increase of public space on all the sites.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It’s supposed to be public. There will be a food hall connected, as well as retail. But what the renderings have yet to show is that both this site and the adjacent Manhattan Mall will have a lot of retail, combined more than is at the mall at Hudson Yards. I also wonder if the redesign is a result of Hochul’s increase of public space on all the sites.
Speaking of this site, since it's so close to Penn will it have underground connections?

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 11:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
Speaking of this site, since it's so close to Penn will it have underground connections?

The best…

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2021, 8:49 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 8:14 PM
BANNED

I was looking at Vornado's materials, and they assume that they're building a tower on the heinous site that's just north of the Hotel Penn. Unless the Hooch plans on exercising eminent domain to acquire the hideous piece of Gahenna on the south corner (i.e., the Sbarro building), this isn't going to occur any time soon. Anyway, for those concerned about a 1,200' blank wall on the north side of 15 Penn, it won't last forever.

Last edited by JMKeynes; Jan 4, 2022 at 8:36 PM.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 8:42 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
I was looking at Vornado's materials, and they assume that they're building a tower on the heinous site that's just north of the Hotel Penn. Unless the Hooch plans on exercising eminent domain to acquire the hideous piece of Gahenna on the south corner (i.e., the Sbarro building), this isn't going to occur any time soon. Anyway, for those concerned about a 1,200' blank wall on the north side of 15 Penn, it won't last forever.

Of course, Vornado is behind all of the northern sites (sites 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8). 15 Penn is site 7.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 8:51 PM
BANNED

I recall that, but I also recall that Gumowitz, who owns the Sbarro building, said he won't sell. Obviously, everyone has a price at which they'll sell regardless of what he says, but Roth is too meshuganah to deal with anyone. He'll need whoever is governor to condemn it via eminent domain.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 11:48 PM

Quote:
I recall that, but I also recall that Gumowitz, who owns the Sbarro building, said he won't sell. Obviously, everyone has a price at which they'll sell regardless of what he says, but Roth is too meshuganah to deal with anyone. He'll need whoever is governor to condemn it via eminent domain.
Not everyone has a price.. Ever hear of Mary Sendek and the Macy's building on Queens Blvd in Elmhurst??

I grew up a few blocks away.. house stood until 1981.. remember it clearly.

https://forgotten-ny.com/2013/09/sen...ens-boulevard/

Old Posted Jan 4, 2022, 11:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNYC View Post
Not everyone has a price.. Ever hear of Mary Sendek and the Macy's building on Queens Blvd in Elmhurst??

I grew up a few blocks away.. house stood until 1981.. remember it clearly.

https://forgotten-ny.com/2013/09/sen...ens-boulevard/
There are limited examples, but virtually everyone does. That being said, Roth is too crazy to negotiate with anyone.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2022, 1:44 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
It doesn't matter, it's not like it's some key piece in the assemblage. It's a small, sliver of a building. They can build with or without it. They build around and over small buildings all the time in New York.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2022, 2:13 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It doesn't matter, it's not like it's some key piece in the assemblage. It's a small, sliver of a building. They can build with or without it. They build around and over small buildings all the time in New York.
That’s true, but I assume that they’d want the whole block. I think that they acquired the McD’s and now own the whole assemblage but for the southern corner.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2022, 4:36 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
That’s true, but I assume that they’d want the whole block. I think that they acquired the McD’s and now own the whole assemblage but for the southern corner.
They would like to have a consolidated site (who wouldn’t), but it can be worked around if need be.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2022, 7:32 PM

I was looking at Vornado's portfolio book (have $2k invested in them) and noticed the Penn 15 design seems to have changed:

Never seen a version where there's no tapering at the top, so I assume this is new? Or extremely old?

Old Posted Jan 8, 2022, 9:00 PM

^ Still looks like a filing cabinet.

The suspended sculpture in the lobby, it looks like an Anish Kapoor piece. That's nice and expensive.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2022, 9:52 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Looks imposing as hell via that night time rendering.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2022, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Looks imposing as hell via that night time rendering.
ikr? But I imagine that will decreased when the rest of the Penn towers get built.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2022, 9:59 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitopiaaa View Post
I was looking at Vornado's portfolio book (have $2k invested in them) and noticed the Penn 15 design seems to have changed:

Gotta be before Foster's refinement. Pretty sure it's older. Looks closer to this 1,400 ft thing than the current design. But you can see how it has evolved.

Look here for newer images...

https://books.vno.com/books/alyp/#p=129

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals