HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 27, 2023, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
The best development news of the week! Officially a go! I wish this could get its own thread.

Condo project at Dilworth house in Society Hill is underway after two decades of strife

https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20230127.html

More than two decades after John Turchi purchased Mayor Richardson Dilworth’s former home on Washington Square, construction is underway at 223 S. Sixth St.

After years of legal battles, Turchi won the right to build a 12-story condo building while preserving part of the older house just before the pandemic began. But the project being built today is slightly different from the version that won city approvals in 2019, having been shrunk from 10 units to nine.
And now a new owner will see it through.

The units will range between 2,600 and 5,000 square feet. Shaaban said that it was too soon to say exactly what the prices for individual units would be, but that they would be “in line” with the company’s other products. These range, he said, from $800 a square foot to $1,500 a square foot. That would put the largest unit between $4 million and $7.5 million, with the high end more likely.

Construction began in the fall and is expected to be completed within 24 months. The total project cost will be about $32 million.
awesome news, I really like this project (probably unlike my NIMBY neighbors)...Now if they could just do something to beautify Hopkinson House, what an eyesore!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development