HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 18, 2023, 3:06 PM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
Ha, I'm not good with signatures. Fernando Alonso!?
Keiichi Tsuchiya is a Japanese professional race car driver. He is known as the Drift King (ドリキン, Dorikin)

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 18, 2023, 4:07 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Keiichi Tsuchiya is a Japanese professional race car driver. He is known as the Drift King (ドリキン, Dorikin)
Nice! I do remember him from his old videos in his green racing suit.

Video Link

Old Posted Jan 18, 2023, 4:36 PM
Community Guy

Bingo. Love those videos; grew up with them.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2023, 10:07 PM
你的媽媽

Speaking of S2000s, I found another one in my archives. Looks like a Laguna Blue Pearl AP2 (at its namesake, Laguna Seca!) with I believe a Mugen hardtop and AP1 tail lights.

Although the main focus of the picture is the red Toyota AE86 Corolla. The Hachi-Roku (ハチロク). There's also a 4C in the way back.

Also, fun fact, you can sorta see Matt Farah of The Smoking Tire behind the S2000, Cayman, and 911. He was driving a Lotus Evora that day. You can read about his experience here: https://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/21...acks-at-a-time

Old Posted Jan 19, 2023, 10:54 PM
Community Guy

Nice!

From a few years ago now - my run group really challenged the little 1998cc.

Last edited by Coldrsx; Jan 19, 2023 at 11:12 PM.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2023, 1:56 AM
recession proof

Have any of you attached solar panels to the roof (rack) of your car? I'm looking at adding a 100 watt panel hooked up to an Ecoflow portable battery, essentially turning my car into a MicraRV.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2023, 2:38 AM
sick transit, gloria

The s2000 is so sick. Such a great car - jealous! There’s one in my neighbourhood I see during summer time. They are obvs very rich based on the house it’s parked at.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2023, 2:57 AM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
The s2000 is so sick. Such a great car - jealous! There’s one in my neighbourhood I see during summer time. They are obvs very rich based on the house it’s parked at.
Thanks man.

I love it so.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2023, 4:36 AM

Just upgraded from a 2012 VW Jetta to a 2021 Ford Ranger. I have never been too crazy about full-size pickup trucks, but I have always loved the mid-size ones since they're the perfect balance of size and functionality. I loved my Jetta (it was near indestructible), but I use my personal vehicle for work and the Jetta wasn't cutting it going off-road or carrying large amounts of samples/equipment.

The craziest part about the Ranger is that with the 4 cylinder option, it actually has a similar fuel economy to my old Jetta.

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread

Last edited by ericmacm; Jan 21, 2023 at 2:56 PM.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2023, 11:19 PM
你的媽媽

#trackdaytuesday

Another one from Laguna. This is the view apexing Turn 8 which a hard left hand turn that is preceded by an uphill blind crest. After this is a hard right hand 59 ft downhill plunge at Turn 8A, in only 450 ft of track length (18% drop). This combination is known as The Corkscrew. After that the elevation falls another 50 ft before the entry into Turn 9, for a total drop of 109 ft. That's the equivalent of a 10 story drop.

You can get a great visual of the track disappearing with the steep drop off from this angle. Photos/videos usually don't do depth/steepness justice but this gets pretty close.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2023, 12:26 AM

Despite how unique and cool Laguna and the corkscrew are, I've never been a fan of the track for some reason. Whether watching on TV or playing in video games. As a matter of fact, I actually disliked having to play that round in video games. My three favourite tracks in NA are Road America at Elkhart Lake, WI, Road Atlanta, and Mosport in ON, north of Bowmanville. Mont Tremblant, based on old footage I've seen, looks like it could be right up there too. My most hated track would be Mid-Ohio, which had too many off camber turns. No idea if it's been updated since the mid 90's.

As for my car, there's are the only three I've ever owned. Just want to share a few interestings pics:

Nice contrast of winter vs summer for the early days of my Fusion.

Posted these pics on this forum in May 2021, but worth a re-post. Was upstairs and noticed a projection on my ceiling and I said WTF is that?! My car was reflecting from the driveway in the perfect light conditions. Someone here posted what the phenomenon was called, but I forget.

I bought the Cx-9 in a lower trim so it came with 18's, which look too small for the vehicle. Plan was always to buy someone's used 20's. Took a while but I got mint condition used ones for $800. Then bought used 20" tires for $800 with 5k on them from someone who sold their Range Rover. Used the 18's for winter tires. Got used winter tires for $250 with no more than 3k on them.

I also considered putting 22's on so I could look like a baller, but that would have made for a stiffer ride. Could actually have gotten new rims for $1,200 plus tax from Fast, which is based out of Montreal. They provide after market rims for Mazda Canada. But they didn't make them in the right colour that would go with my ride. I did do a mockup though on what it would have looked like in a similar colour to what I wanted. There were also people selling 22s used for 1 grand or under in mint condition, but those few listings always had the wrong colour or style for me.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 4:05 PM

Love S2000s. Hands down the slickest shifter I have ever had the pleasure to row the gears with. Just a nice, well-balanced car.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 4:16 PM
Community Guy

The shifter is truly godliness and the best part of the car. It's twitchy, but thankfully with 8lbs of torque available at any one time, you generally avoid trouble.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 4:32 PM
你的媽媽

The S2000 is probably the best affordable all around sports car/roadster you can get. It can be a canyon carver or one of the best driver focused track cars out there. Great handling and balance with its double wishbone and front mid engine, linear power all the way to a high redline, and as others have noted, arguably the best shifter of all time.

I'd take one over a brand new ND2 MX-5 or a GR86/BRZ all day everyday.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 4:42 PM
Community Guy

'linear power' OMG LOLZ BBQ - you would be hard pressed to ever hear that spoken by an S2000 owner for we disregard the Tq line and only focus on the fun one... which is, less linear.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/attachme...hp-s2kdyno.jpg

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 4:49 PM

I had an AP1 S2K and the engine is dead up to 6k rpm...

This is my summer car now but I'm always on the lookout for a clean AP2.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 5:45 PM
Community Guy

^nice! Which version? 997 something something?

Old Posted Jan 26, 2023, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
^nice! Which version? 997 something something?
997.2 (2011) manual

Old Posted Feb 14, 2023, 3:11 AM

Hey there! So glad to see this thread about cars! I'm currently rockin' a pretty sweet ride, a Tesla Model S. Love that electric power and all the cool features. Plus, it's environmentally friendly, which is a big plus for me. But, if you're thinking about getting a new set of wheels, you might want to consider car shipping door to door for your old one. This way, you don't have to worry about driving it to the new location or putting miles on it. It's a convenient and safe way to transport your ride from point A to point B. Hope this helps, and let's keep this thread updated.

Last edited by RichardMclaughlin; Feb 16, 2023 at 2:00 PM.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2023, 12:32 PM
recession proof

I'm now interested in buying a Japanese Kei car/van to convert into an RV: really like the 2000s-era Honda Vamos with 4WD, MT & mid-engine layout. They're about $8-10k with low mileage.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada