HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 19, 2015, 4:29 AM
Meh

That likely is referring to the Fairmont. I remember at one point they were dubbing it "Grand" something or other. Check out this article from 2011:

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/pr...ts-zoning.html
Quote:
Proponents of the Grand Hotel at Waller Creek

Old Posted Aug 19, 2015, 5:25 AM

It is the Fairmont even though they have the current Fairmont on their list. That's what they get for using some second rate site like skyscrapercenter.com instead of SSP.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2015, 6:43 PM

Emerging Projects Poster for August

ftp://ftp.ci.austin.tx.us/DowntownAu...015_august.pdf

Old Posted Aug 25, 2015, 7:48 PM
Meh

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/bl...eals-cost.html
Quote:
Jenga-style downtown Austin tower reveals cost, construction dates
Aug 25, 2015, 11:44am CDT

State and city entities have received documents from the developers — a partnership between Constructive Ventures and Aspen Heights, both Austin-based companies. There is still no word about financing on the project, though multiple people close to the development have told me deep-pocketed financial partners are ready to sign on.

• The tower will cost about $145 million to build on the former site of the Austin Energy control center at 301 West Ave. Previous reports described the proposed development as valued at $300 million. The $145 million may be construction costs only.

• Documents filed with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation indicate that the owner is represented by Ryan Fetgatter, the vice president of development for Aspen Heights. Rhode Partners Inc. is the architect. According to those documents, construction will begin in January 2016 and be completed in May 2018.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2015, 7:48 PM
Meh

http://communityimpact.com/2015/08/2...ter-expansion/
Quote:
Council gets first look at proposed Austin Convention Center expansion
City staff: Renovations could be complete by 2021
By Joe LananeAugust 24, 2015

A proposal to expand the existing Austin Convention Center westward could help provide enough extra meeting space for larger conventions, said Mark Tester, director of the city’s Convention Center Department.

Gensler ultimately proposed expanding Austin Convention Center to the west, adding 200,000 square feet of exhibit space, 65,000 square feet of meeting space and a 56,700-square-foot ballroom as well as additional underground parking and loading dock space.

The city proposal also calls for a 3-acre “urban park” atop the expanded convention center, Tester said.

Voters in November 2016 may be asked to rededicate 2 cents from the existing hotel occupancy tax to expand Austin Convention Center, Tester said. Council Member Ellen Troxclair, who chairs the Economic Opportunity Committee, emphasized the tax is already in place and would not increase residential property taxes.

Should Austin residents agree to rededicate existing taxes to the proposed expansion, construction could start by 2020, and the renovated Convention Center could open by November 2021, according to the city’s projected long-range plan.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2015, 11:13 PM
Meh

This one is moving forward with site prep underway.

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/bl...ess+Journal%29
Quote:
Latest Rainey Street tower moves ahead after compromise

Aug 25, 2015, 2:33pm CDT Updated Aug 25, 2015, 3:11pm CDT

Tension between a New York developer and Austin planners appear to have been diffused as City Council unanimously approved an agreement Tuesday to facilitate the construction of a 35-story condo tower on Rainey Street downtown.

Developer Sackman Enterprises will pay $400,000 to use a city-owned empty lot at 64 Rainey St. as a construction staging area for a minimum of two years. The developer also agreed to pay for the design and engineering of public right-of-way between its "70 Rainey" high-rise and the nearby vacant parcel of land at 64 Rainey St.

Currently, some site work is being completed at 70 Rainey St. Sackman said he hopes to have construction at full strength in November.

Hunt Construction Co. is the contractor. Page architecture is the designer. New renderings are now being developed, Sackman said.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2015, 11:52 PM
World Traveler

^^ Great to hear. I know there was some doubt on this one, but this is good news.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2015, 1:18 AM
Meh

They posted the site plan to the city's FTP site today for 208 Nueces Street. This is the 28-story office tower planned for the Austin Music Hall site. The building elevations start on page 21. The building is 387 feet 4 inches to the mechanical screen with 28 floors. That makes it 6 feet taller than what Austin Proper will be. This also shows one of the renderings of the building.

ftp://ftp.ci.austin.tx.us/ATD_AULCC/...reet_PLANS.pdf

Old Posted Aug 28, 2015, 4:01 AM
Austinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
They posted the site plan to the city's FTP site today for 208 Nueces Street. This is the 28-story office tower planned for the Austin Music Hall site. The building elevations start on page 21. The building is 387 feet 4 inches to the mechanical screen with 28 floors. That makes it 6 feet taller than what Austin Proper will be. This also shows one of the renderings of the building.

ftp://ftp.ci.austin.tx.us/ATD_AULCC/...reet_PLANS.pdf
Here's the rendering from page 21+ Serious density along Nueces.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 12:22 AM
Austinite

Here are a few shots from yesterday, 8/29.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 1:05 AM

I was in Austin for a very short 5 hrs on Friday but got a few photos from along the Colorado river. Love being here, next time I'll make sure to stay a little longer...

Frost Tower by Bryan Malloch, on Flickr

Austin from the Colorado by Bryan Malloch, on Flickr

Austin Skyline from the Colorado by Bryan Malloch, on Flickr

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 7:01 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

The view of the skyline from South Lamar is just nuts and imo has passed the South First skyline view to second place only because of just how much the skyline stretches across before you on Lamar.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 11:38 PM
World Traveler

^^ Agreed. Now if we can just get rid of those ugly billboards...

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 8:58 PM
Metal Up Your !

I was curious, any plans for that small bridge visible in the last couple of pictures. Looks a bit dated for a booming area.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 9:10 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
I was curious, any plans for that small bridge visible in the last couple of pictures. Looks a bit dated for a booming area.
The bridge is completely adequate for the amount of traffic that it carries at peak hours.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 9:19 PM
Meh

I actually hope Austin never gets any tall bridges around downtown. I'd rather see the skyline. I know some people will say that they would contribute to the skyline, but bridges have always been too utilitarian even when they are "creative". They're infrastructure. I'd rather they keep a low profile. If anything, I'd rather see their undercarriages lit up or lined with lights. I'm just not a fan of a lot of overhead junk.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 10:59 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I actually hope Austin never gets any tall bridges around downtown. I'd rather see the skyline. I know some people will say that they would contribute to the skyline, but bridges have always been too utilitarian even when they are "creative". They're infrastructure. I'd rather they keep a low profile. If anything, I'd rather see their undercarriages lit up or lined with lights. I'm just not a fan of a lot of overhead junk.
I like overheard junk when it's the only thing around visually (like the Pennybacker), but when it creates competition with buildings I agree with you 100%.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2015, 8:34 PM

The S. 1st St. bridge has three traffic lanes and a dedicated bike lane in each direction and a pedestrian walkway on both sides of the bridge below the level of the traffic lanes. It's the street grid on each side of the bridge that are inadequate for peak traffic volumes.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2015, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
The S. 1st St. bridge has three traffic lanes and a dedicated bike lane in each direction and a pedestrian walkway on both sides of the bridge below the level of the traffic lanes. It's the street grid on each side of the bridge that are inadequate for peak traffic volumes.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2015, 8:43 PM

The 29-story 3rd + Shoal office tower:

X-Posting AusTXDevelopments link in Austin Subforum: http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/Looplink...CB0003&LL=true

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations