HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jan 26, 2022, 12:22 PM
self-important urbanista

I'm wondering the market itself will have to find a new home eventually. Downtown Civic Space or Hance Park might be good alternatives.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2022, 1:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
It’s back open, at least on Saturday
I am going to be that guy - you sure about this?

Old Posted Jan 26, 2022, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
I am going to be that guy - you sure about this?
Have a feeling he may be talking just about the Market and not the actual Cafe.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2022, 2:42 PM

Maybe so but the dialogue was about the cafe and I don't think the market ever closed, so "back open" seemed to be a reference to the cafe.

It's not open. Mi Salsa cooks burritos on Saturday morning out of the cafe, most likely were the confusion stems from.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2022, 3:12 PM

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but is the parcel that the Farmer's Market occurs on (with the parking lot coverings) part of what this guy owns? In addition to the former Pizza Hut and Public Market Cafe buildings?

Or does he own that entire block surrounded by McKinley, Central, 1st St, and Pierce?

Old Posted Jan 26, 2022, 4:15 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX06 View Post
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but is the parcel that the Farmer's Market occurs on (with the parking lot coverings) part of what this guy owns? In addition to the former Pizza Hut and Public Market Cafe buildings?

Or does he own that entire block surrounded by McKinley, Central, 1st St, and Pierce?
It may have changed and has not been updated yet...but currently, the Assessor site shows the café building and adjacent lots with the old pizza hut as owned by CENTRAL FILLMORE DEV 1 LLC, the entire parking lot along Central is owned by 701 N CENTRAL OWNER LLC and the remainder of the NE corner of the block as owned by the City of Phoenix.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2022, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpitts View Post
Yeah, it's been closed since September 2020. They do still hold the DTPHX Farmer's Market there each Saturday.
Thanks for the info...

That whole block needs to be developed (rip historic buildings) and the actual "public market" they held in the parking lot for years can just move somewhere else like exit2lef said. It would be great if someday Phoenix could have a real public market (not just some place that has people selling crafts, produce, and salsa). The DeSoto building and it's outside area could have been decent for that, but anything approaching a real public market will take years to grow organically and it that seems impossible.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2022, 4:48 PM
Modulator

377 N. 4th Ave

Check this out...

There is a planned development to tear down the apartments at 377 N. 4th Ave (which interestingly had an apartment fire reported yesterday) for a proposed new 10-story 118-unit apartment tower with 6 levels of UNDERGOUND parking. Would that make this the deepest parking structure in Phoenix??

No renderings released yet except site markups. Architect is Erwin Architecture (whom worked on the One Camelback redevelopment). So, this may come out looking pretty decent.

All documents posted in my Google Drive for your reading pleasure.:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...u9?usp=sharing

Old Posted Jan 26, 2022, 5:26 PM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX06 View Post

- Public Market Lot - that's the half block on the west side of the alley that will supposedly be redeveloped by Post Road Group/701 N Central Owner LLC

- Cafe/Pizza Hut - that's the south quarter block on the east side of the alley that is going to be imminently torn down with no known redevelopment plans. That's owned by the same guy that's been marketing it for the last couple years.

- Other parking lot - that's the quarter block north of the cafe/old pizza hut owned by the City with no known development plans.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
Check this out...

There is a planned development to tear down the apartments at 377 N. 4th Ave (which interestingly had an apartment fire reported yesterday) for a proposed new 10-story 118-unit apartment tower with 6 levels of UNDERGOUND parking. Would that make this the deepest parking structure in Phoenix??

No renderings released yet except site markups. Architect is Erwin Architecture (whom worked on the One Camelback redevelopment). So, this may come out looking pretty decent.

All documents posted in my Google Drive for your reading pleasure.:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...u9?usp=sharing
How deep is city scape parking?

This bucks the trend of building on top of parking at ground level - and probably takes 60ft off the height of the building. Is there a height restriction there that would cause them to do this?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 2:41 AM
Skyriser

The airport limits the height, so I have no idea what's going on here. Maybe an out of state architect that doesn't realize how difficult caliche is to get through and the history of the area flooding.

Edit: I think I know why. So they can wrap the tower around the historic house with parking below. At least they better.

Last edited by combusean; Jan 27, 2022 at 2:51 AM.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 2:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymox View Post
How deep is city scape parking?

This bucks the trend of building on top of parking at ground level - and probably takes 60ft off the height of the building. Is there a height restriction there that would cause them to do this?
I think Cityscape is 4 levels of underground parking.

10 stories is impressive height. Right across the street The Fillmore is 7 stories I think.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 3:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Edit: I think I know why. So they can wrap the tower around the historic house with parking below. At least they better.
Are you saying build parking below/ under the house? Do they own the land the house is on?

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 3:30 AM
Skyriser

^ Yes, they do own the land. The house is small and I'm sure they could rent a lot and put it back when they're done. This is all speculation though.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 3:38 AM

The one at 375 N 4th Ave? Probably facing a similar fate as Phoenix Market Cafe

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 3:46 AM
Skyriser

Never mind Crested posted the site plans. It's gonna get smashed. Meh.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Have a feeling he may be talking just about the Market and not the actual Cafe.
An, the cafe, I’m pretty sure. It was a few months back. I thought I saw it open, Idk.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 4:20 AM
Skyriser

On the other hand, things that should get torn down include that tacky white law office at 362 N 3rd Ave including the parking and vacant lot to the south. They sold late last month to a decently size Sotheby's broker in Chicago.

I wouldn't normally report of a land transaction but I can dream of Chicago money coming to a decently sized lot.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 5:59 PM

0.81-acre lot in Downtown Phoenix sells for $3.7M

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
On the other hand, things that should get torn down include that tacky white law office at 362 N 3rd Ave including the parking and vacant lot to the south. They sold late last month to a decently size Sotheby's broker in Chicago.

I wouldn't normally report of a land transaction but I can dream of Chicago money coming to a decently sized lot.
Like clockwork! Article describing the sale above.

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/0...ells-for-3-7m/

Quote:
SVN Desert Commercial Advisors completed the sale of an approximately 0.81 acre lot in Downtown Phoenix on 3rd Ave. between Filmore St. and Van Buren St. in the heart of Downtown Phoenix. The property was acquired from Cole Management Associates, LLC for $3.7 million by 362 North Third, LLC, an entity formed by JRG Capital Partners. JRG, a Chicago-based real estate investment and development firm continues its expansion in the Phoenix market. Chief Investment Officer, Cheri Grossman, stated “This is our second acquisition in Downtown Phoenix, and it fits all the attributes for a high-rise development. With multiple large-scale projects under development, this area of downtown will become a vibrant area to live, work and play”.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2022, 7:07 PM

That is a very encouraging statement.....It doesn't guarantee a high-rise project, but it sure sounds as if that is the intent.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest