HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion

Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 8:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
How incompetent is that strata and / or the owner that they can't prove whether or not a cheque was cashed or deposited?
From what I can gather in the story, the strata seems to (relatively) have their financials in order, and it should be easy for them to show that they never received their money. Seemingly the only proof the owner gave was a carbon copy cheque and he couldn't show in his banking records that that pretty specific amount was ever withdrawn? Sounds like an owner problem.

Also goes without saying that you should always keep a paper trail for large purchases! This is the sort of thing I'd expect a receipt for.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City View Post
Here's what can happen if the strata decides to go the route of installing individual chargers.
No, that's not really relevant. The case describes what is essentially a dispute over a special levy to install chargers. One side says they paid it, the other says they didn't.

How this got to CRT is amazing. There's no bank proof?!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
No, that's not really relevant. The case describes what is essentially a dispute over a special levy to install chargers. One side says they paid it, the other says they didn't.

How this got to CRT is amazing. There's no bank proof?!
I know it's not a typical situation. That's what can happen in a disfunctional strata. With stubborn people banging heads. I thought it was nevertheless useful for showing real world costs of a recent retrofit installation.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowhou View Post
From what I can gather in the story, the strata seems to (relatively) have their financials in order, and it should be easy for them to show that they never received their money. Seemingly the only proof the owner gave was a carbon copy cheque and he couldn't show in his banking records that that pretty specific amount was ever withdrawn? Sounds like an owner problem.

Also goes without saying that you should always keep a paper trail for large purchases! This is the sort of thing I'd expect a receipt for.
I’m just surprised that in a supposedly “luxury” building of 227 units only 32 owners wanted to spring for the small amount less than $4k for a charger! Don’t they think future buyers (let alone luxury buyers) are going to want that? Note that was only 32 of a max 50 chargers. I wonder if that’s the capacity with the existing electrical?

Old Posted Dec 5, 2022, 8:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowhou View Post

Exactly! The strata can show the owner there's no credit for the cheque or the owner can show the debit for the cashed cheque.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion