HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Closed Thread

Old Posted Feb 1, 2017, 10:55 PM

A gorgeous building at 53 stories in my opinion.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2017, 2:49 PM

If it stays that way, it'll still work nicely. There's also the hope that the 2nd building could end up being the bigger of the two later on with a hotel addition.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 11:41 PM

Construction of the sales center

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 6:52 PM

Opus Place tower eyeing October launch

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/new-...town/505111869

Quote:
The homes will start between $700,000 and the $12 million penthouse is two levels with more than 5,000 square feet and will feature panoramic views from the 52nd floor.

Construction starts full swing in October and the luxury home should be completed in 2020.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2017, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I am really curious about the height compared to the office towers on the same block. Specifically, whether eastern and western views will be entirely covered?

Also- lol at $12 million penthouses.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2017, 12:08 PM

They filed a land disturbance permit this week which should make an October groundbreaking possible if all goes as planned. In the permit the project is described as a 55-story hotel and residential tower so there is still some questions as to what the final plan is for the tower.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 10:54 PM

That's interesting. I never read the article about them canceling the hotel component but I assumed they meant the "corporate suites" part of the tower. Maybe it will have a hotel component after all.

The site now has sidewalks and a small parking lot behind the sales center. They seem to putting a lot into this.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2017, 2:08 AM

I really just want to see the second tower

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I really just want to see the second tower
I want to see the site plan and cultural building, too!

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 3:59 AM

Wait, what cultural building are you referring to?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 9:41 AM
BANNED

I watched the link:

Based on what the developer said, the building is 690 feet and has 200 condos. Therefore there must be a hotel component.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
I watched the link:

Based on what the developer said, the building is 690 feet and has 200 condos. Therefore there must be a hotel component.
Cool!
Now I'm starting to get excited about this again. If nothing else, they have done a great job of publicizing the proposal.
I wonder if the Waldorf information was released prematurely, before the deal was final.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Wait, what cultural building are you referring to?
There's not much information on it, but the Opus Place website mentions there will be one.

http://opusplaceatlanta.com/

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
So, it'll be the third-tallest in Midtown (only one foot shorter than Promenade II) and eighth-tallest in the city. Not too shabby, but still a disappointment after the original proposal.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
So, it'll be the third-tallest in Midtown (only one foot shorter than Promenade II) and eighth-tallest in the city. Not too shabby, but still a disappointment after the original proposal.
I think I'd prefer this skyscraper at this height. IMO, it wasn't notable enough design to be the apex of Midtown's skyline.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 8:40 PM

Quote:
I think I'd prefer this skyscraper at this height. IMO, it wasn't notable enough design to be the apex of Midtown's skyline.
I agreed at first, but then the design grew on me.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 9:14 PM

Quote:
I agreed at first, but then the design grew on me.
The stark difference in height is also what gets me. Similarly, it's odd seeing 30 story buildings go up around Arts Center, where they're half the size of the office buildings nearby. I'd rather have incremental height changes. This is a great location for some flare, but I just personally find the design to be a bit insulting to the rest of the skyline.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 9:53 PM

Quote:
The stark difference in height is also what gets me. Similarly, it's odd seeing 30 story buildings go up around Arts Center, where they're half the size of the office buildings nearby. I'd rather have incremental height changes. This is a great location for some flare, but I just personally find the design to be a bit insulting to the rest of the skyline.
I think that's what first rubbed me the wrong way about it, too, especially after the twists at the top of the Arquitectonica design. I think being shown as a single tower also exacerbated this, whereas it would look less imposing in dialogue with the second tower shown. But the taller proposal was only 50 feet taller than One Atlantic Center, a smaller gap than the 130 feet between One Atlantic Center and Promenade II, the next tallest in Midtown. It feels less out of proportion in the rendering from the other direction.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
I think that's what first rubbed me the wrong way about it, too, especially after the twists at the top of the Arquitectonica design. I think being shown as a single tower also exacerbated this, whereas it would look less imposing in dialogue with the second tower shown. But the taller proposal was only 50 feet taller than One Atlantic Center, a smaller gap than the 130 feet between One Atlantic Center and Promenade II, the next tallest in Midtown. It feels less out of proportion in the rendering from the other direction.

I agree about the perspective from the other angle. the view looking from the west was really what I didn't appreciate. If there was a second tower staggered I agree again it would have been less imposing. The previous design's spiral and this height would have stepped down toward other projects, making it a better neighbor and therefore aesthetically pleasing, IMO

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 12:30 PM

New renderings!

Also, this article states that it's going to be a three-tower development, but I'm not convinced that it's not an error.

http://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/4/10/...midtown-condos

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta