HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 8:33 AM

Loewe is possibly opening there, they just opened their first stand-alone store in Canada in Toronto.

Quote:
Sources told Retail Insider that Loewe had been in talks to open a store at Oakridge Park in Vancouver in 2025. It’s not known if a lease deal has been done. The luxury-heavy shopping centre will open on Vancouver’s West Side in about a year.
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...centre-photos/

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 10:41 AM

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/oakr...r-opening-date

DailyHive article about initial openings in early 2025.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 5:04 PM

Curious why a hotel or 2 aren't in the mix for Oakridge. Seems like a good fit midway between downtown and YVR.

Last edited by Tysonbrown; Apr 20, 2024 at 5:17 PM.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysonbrown View Post
Curious why a hotel or 2 aren't in the mix for Oakridge. Seems like a good fit midway between downtown and YVR.
You assume it's either for economic or operational reasons. QuadReal is building a hotel at TriCity with Marcon so I guess they aren't adverse to including them in their projects.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyburger View Post
You assume it's either for economic or operational reasons. QuadReal is building a hotel at TriCity with Marcon so I guess they aren't adverse to including them in their projects.
Seems a rather curt reply to someone whom you don't know. Maybe try a different going forward. But thanks for the info.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 7:26 PM

Local developer Peterson Group has submitted a new development permit application to redevelop 488 West 43rd Avenue (formerly 5910-5998 Cambie Street), which is located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Cambie Street and West 43rd Avenue – just east of SkyTrain Oakridge-41st Avenue Station and the Oakridge Park (Oakridge Centre mall) redevelopment.

On a land assembly of five single-family lots, this project will produce a 278 ft tall, 29-storey condominium tower and an attached 15-storey hotel tower, with both towers connected by a six-storey base podium with hotel, retail, and restaurant uses.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Seems a rather curt reply to someone whom you don't know. Maybe try a different going forward. But thanks for the info.
Oh, wow. I'm so impressed. You've managed to muster up the courage to express your relief at not knowing someone. Bravo. That takes a lot of guts, I'm sure. I mean, it's not every day that someone as clearly intelligent and charismatic as yourself takes the time to share their thoughts with the world.

Let me just put on my surprised face for a moment... Oh, wait, I forgot. I'm not surprised at all. In fact, I'm rather underwhelmed by your comment. I mean, who wouldn't be thrilled to not know someone as fascinating and insightful as yourself? I'm sure it's a real blessing to not have to endure your wit and charm on a regular basis.

But hey, being glad you don't know someone is a totally normal and healthy sentiment, right? I mean, who needs human connection or relationships when you can just revel in the joy of not knowing someone? It's not like you're missing out on anything meaningful or valuable by not having a connection with this person. Nope, not at all.

So, please, do go on. Share more of your profound thoughts and insights with the world. I'm sure we're all just on the edge of our seats waiting to hear more about your feelings on not knowing someone. It's not every day that we get to bask in the glory of your brilliance, after all.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 8:33 PM

Charming. Over and out.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2024, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Local developer Peterson Group has submitted a new development permit application to redevelop 488 West 43rd Avenue (formerly 5910-5998 Cambie Street), which is located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Cambie Street and West 43rd Avenue – just east of SkyTrain Oakridge-41st Avenue Station and the Oakridge Park (Oakridge Centre mall) redevelopment.

On a land assembly of five single-family lots, this project will produce a 278 ft tall, 29-storey condominium tower and an attached 15-storey hotel tower, with both towers connected by a six-storey base podium with hotel, retail, and restaurant uses.
Man, there is nothing like these '5 houses becomes a hotel and a condo tower and a bunch of retail/restaurants' stories to make a person appreciate just how much the city is held back by zoning the majority of land for detached houses only.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2024, 5:03 AM

The developer for this one on 41st just east of Cambie removed hotel use on 2 podium floors in a reapplication:
https://www.shapeyourcity.ca/357-475-w-41-ave

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver