HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 21, 2021, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
^ are there? in any other city Provencher would be lined with shops. There's a handful, but not enough to create any kind of magnet.
In terms of shops? I frequent Provencher and go to various shops, restaurants etc that are there. Or at least were there pre-covid. It's not super bustling area, no. But there's lots of dumpiness to go around. Maybe was my point.

Old Posted May 21, 2021, 5:04 PM

Provencher definitely has a few good shops and restaurants, but it woefully underperforms compared to its potential. I'd say it's probably worst of all the local high streets in the city when it comes to usage:potential ratio. It definitely could use a streetscaping facelift, add some more trees to the sidewalk in some of the long stretches without any. Like Corydon, it seems the city is averse to replacing the missing trees in the tree beds for some reason. Really unfortunate that they didn't do any of the sidewalk/AT upgrades when they just refinished the whole street.

I'd love to see the city move the library out of its current location and into a nice new build on Provencher, or podium of one of the new proposals. It's so hidden and bleh where it is right now, and with all the recent new/upgraded libraries, seems the time is right.

My top desires for Provencher would be a big new mixed use building on the Pizza Hotline lot.... and getting rid of the slip lane from EB Provencher to SB Tache haha.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan