HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 6:10 PM

Anyone sign up for the email list to get the floor plans? Curious to see what the $450K 1 Bedroom is like... more of a micro-apartment or a 900+sqft 1.5BA wit a small den / nook?

The list of amenities look very legit. Bike+dog washing, golf sim, great views for the fireworks, etc.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 6:17 PM

These two buildings are nothing but filler. I'm very disappointed. Such a prominent location only to have two turds go up.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pimp View Post
These two buildings are nothing but filler. I'm very disappointed. Such a prominent location only to have two turds go up.
Yes because who doesn't love living next to a noisy highway? Apparently now days all of Chicago is is a prominent location....

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 6:46 PM

Nice development. Will be interesting to see how they navigate lakefront access.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie77 View Post
Yes because who doesn't love living next to a noisy highway? Apparently now days all of Chicago is is a prominent location....
umm...you serious?...these building have unobstructed lake views forever...there are only so many of these types of open land plots available on the north side..let alone the heart of the city.....and yes lakeshore drive apartments next to a "noisy highway" are never a big seller … I understand they negotiated for smaller buildings here so the corner lot could get taller but I mean anything less than 60 floors at this locations does seem like a waste

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 7:18 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubs111 View Post
I understand they negotiated for smaller buildings here so the corner lot could get taller but I mean anything less than 60 floors at this locations does seem like a waste
from a skyline perspective, that's a pretty great trade.

i'd MUCH rather have a 950 footer with two shorter sidekicks than three ~700' buildings at this location.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post

i'd MUCH rather have a 950 footer with two shorter sidekicks than three ~700' buildings at this location.
Good point

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 8:43 PM

Quote:

dont know...how about just two 900 ft buildings and no third building?...anyways i would prefer all 3 buildings to be allowed to build to maximum or atleast 900ft considering there all bordering the highway and have permanent lake views... i guess the zoning of lakeshoreast at the time didn't have that in mind.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolchak View Post
Nice development. Will be interesting to see how they navigate lakefront access.
Pretty well, IMO

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
I don't mind the turds (they really are such boring buildings, but huge buildings nonetheless). Help fuel the city's economy and drive construction for the next cycle - we can't always win with these profit-focused developers and we can't forget how much more room we have along the north and south branch of the river for the coming decades. Hopefully we will see our skyline expand (the 78, Lincoln Yards) as well as improve (Parcel I, Spire site).

Old Posted Aug 27, 2019, 11:54 PM

^^^^

A. Are those gold stripes? That's pretty bold.

B. Between this pair and Vista LSE is going to really be transformed when it comes to connectvity. It will be possible to meanader in off the lakefront and right up onto Upper Wacker or over to Maggie Daley Park, no more endless flights of stairs and underground streets. A whole new pathway to the Lakefront and loop connecting the River, Lake, and Grant/Daley/Millenium Park.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 1:16 AM

Yes! Thank you louis. The main reason I'm excited for this project + the completion of Vista

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 1:19 AM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie77 View Post
To be fair this is Lake Shore East, and at this point most of downtown is a "prominent location" in relation to the rest of the city as we march ever along into the "Manhattanization" (read all lot parcels being gobbled up) of downtown Chicago.
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 2:13 AM

Quote:

also having mostly somewhat shorter buildings at the lake shore allows for more depth in the skyline and is actually a better strategy for maximizing the value of the land both at the lake shore and further inland.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 2:14 AM
you know where I'll be

Quote:

Turds is way harsh for these two. They're solid contributions. Not thrilling I'll grant, but they're a step up from the Lowenberg and DeStefano towers at LSE.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozy View Post
I don't mind the turds (they really are such boring buildings, but huge buildings nonetheless). Help fuel the city's economy and drive construction for the next cycle - we can't always win with these profit-focused developers and we can't forget how much more room we have along the north and south branch of the river for the coming decades. Hopefully we will see our skyline expand (the 78, Lincoln Yards) as well as improve (Parcel I, Spire site).

I completely agree.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
Turds is way harsh for these two. They're solid contributions. Not thrilling I'll grant, but they're a step up from the Lowenberg and DeStefano towers at LSE.
They are solid contributions. No doubt. But, not for this location. It doesn't matter what we say any way.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 5:54 PM
BANNED

They are solid additions. The park/green space is a nice solution to connect to the existing street level to the West, but a handicap person's nightmare. Look at all those switchbacks!

Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
They are solid additions. The park/green space is a nice solution to connect to the existing street level to the West, but a handicap person's nightmare. Look at all those switchbacks!
Handicap people can simply take the elevator across the street. . .

. . .

Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 12:16 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom In Chicago View Post
Handicap people can simply take the elevator across the street. . .

. . .
Of course; I am sure there are multiple options. Looking on the bright side, to some handicapped, the trip down would be a dream! They'd feel like they were racing at Monaco.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive