HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Feb 27, 2023, 10:27 AM
RIP Knut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
You must've seen more things in 6 months than most of us on here in our entire lives...
Very smart way to spend one's money. Traveling like this is priceless when you get an opportunity to do it.
You're not exactly the same following such an experience, are you? It must change some of your mind about a couple of things somehow.

We'll see whether you made it to China. Of course, their regime is controversial in our democratic countries, but it's hard to avoid it nowadays.
At least when it comes to business. I know a bunch of people who had to go over there for their jobs.
I think all up in that trip I did 60 cities. In Australia in addition to your annual 4 weeks vacation time, every 10 years of service you get 3 months of vacation time that you can take at half pay if you like so it becomes 6 months so that's what I took. To make up for my missing half salary I took a personal loan from the bank for around $15.000 USD and I sub-let my room in my shared household to a friend and I had another $10.000 that I had saved up + plus I kept getting paid half a salary every fortnight for the 6 months I was away.

I wanted a comfortable trip so I booked entire airbnb apartments in almost every city I went to (will post photos once I finish posting photos of places I visited)

As in not being the same after such an experience, I am definitely more aware that our time on this earth is quite limited so I try to make good use of my time.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos