HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Oct 25, 2021, 3:56 AM

Suggestion for Reopening IDS Center Observation Deck and Restaurant

The observation deck on the 51st floor and The Orion Room on the 50th floor of the IDS Center should be reopened to the public. Having the 51st floor observation deck and The Orion Room reopened would be beneficial as sky high observation decks have been proven to be a profitable asset for commercial office buildings like what is seen with the Columbia Center in Seattle or the Sears Tower in Chicago. The observation deck was open to the public until 1984 and the restaurant until 1993 and reopening them would make them popular tourist attractions for Minneapolis.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2021, 11:08 PM

I’d love to see either or both of observation deck/Windows over Minnesota reopen. I’m old enough to remember going to the 51st floor observatory during the ‘70s & early ‘80s. The Foshay Tower had their 32nd floor open-air deck open for at least the past 12 years (not sure what’s happened since Covid however). They also have had an interesting museum on this quirky building up at the top too.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2023, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTodd View Post
I’d love to see either or both of observation deck/Windows over Minnesota reopen. I’m old enough to remember going to the 51st floor observatory during the ‘70s & early ‘80s. The Foshay Tower had their 32nd floor open-air deck open for at least the past 12 years (not sure what’s happened since Covid however). They also have had an interesting museum on this quirky building up at the top too.
The Foshay Tower observation deck was reopened in Summer 2020. Also, reopening Windows Over Minnesota and the observation deck would be a huge draw in this social media age.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest