HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Terrible place for an industrial facility but I guess we knew it was going there already. This sale is a way for the Sask Party to save face on this absolutely wasteful project (the GTH) by a party that is supposedly for the free market.
Why would you say that? Its a conola crushing and processing facility. Beside the CPR mainline, easy access for grain hauling B trains from the farm, and the trucks will have little to no impact on traffic in Regina.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 7:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
Why would you say that? Its a conola crushing and processing facility. Beside the CPR mainline, easy access for grain hauling B trains from the farm, and the trucks will have little to no impact on traffic in Regina.
It's proximity to residential, especially when you consider the prevailing winds. There's a reason most industrial that emits waste gases are in the NE part of the city. Full disclosure: I am in Lakeview and directly west of the GTH. Also what does crushed canola have to do with transportation? The GTH was meant as a warehousing and distribution district. I guess when you fail to understand the market, you gotta get creative.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 7:43 PM

But they'll have deodorizers. (in my sarcastic voice)

That caonla crush stench is terrible. I haven't been to Yorkton in years. But when they were opening the LDM plant, it was horrendous. Apparently after the deodorizers were operational, it was still not good.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 7:46 PM

Quote:
It's proximity to residential, especially when you consider the prevailing winds. There's a reason most industrial that emits waste gases are in the NE part of the city. Full disclosure: I am in Lakeview and directly west of the GTH. Also what does crushed canola have to do with transportation? The GTH was meant as a warehousing and distribution district. I guess when you fail to understand the market, you gotta get creative.
Hmm, I'm trying to remember if there is much of a odor from canola crushing. But if you are going to bitch about everything then fill your boots!

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 8:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Hmm, I'm trying to remember if there is much of a odor from canola crushing. But if you are going to bitch about everything then fill your boots!
Grow up. If you aren't sure that canola crusher plants are something to be concerned about then inform yourself before acting like a child and making things personal (or read the post just before yours). This particular thing is personal to me considering where I live. And if you have a problem with me, send me a DM, instead of doing the exact thing that you are accusing me of.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 8:29 PM

Sandra Masters already answered to the news outlets that canola crushing is a food type smell.

I for one am happy, FINALLY, that a new company is building on the site. Period.

I would love some other food type industries to locate there. And a large IKEA on the far right piece of land next to the Bypass connection.

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Apr 6, 2022 at 8:46 PM.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Grow up. If you aren't sure that canola crusher plants are something to be concerned about then inform yourself before acting like a child and making things personal (or read the post just before yours). This particular thing is personal to me considering where I live. And if you have a problem with me, send me a DM, instead of doing the exact thing that you are accusing me of.
Oh boo bloody hoo. I like how when someone disagrees with your opinion and observe that you are more critical vice supportive, you go off and accuse them of a personnel attack. I pointed out that the site had advantages and if you're in Lakeview you are good 5 miles from the plant and you are likely getting more smells from the airport than you will from the GTH.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 8:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Oh boo bloody hoo. I like how when someone disagrees with your opinion and observe that you are more critical vice supportive, you go off and accuse them of a personnel attack. I pointed out that the site had advantages and if you're in Lakeview you are good 5 miles from the plant and you are likely getting more smells from the airport than you will from the GTH.
It was the accusing me of bitching part that was clearly personal. Some advice for you: if you want to disagree with someone, stick to facts about the topic and refrain from referencing anything about the person discussing it. We all mess up sometimes but if we can stick to that, then we will have no problems here.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 8:52 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Sandra Masters already answered to the news outlets that canola crushing is a food type smell.

I for one am happy, FINALLY, that a new company is building on the site. Period.

I would love some other food type industries to locate there. And a large IKEA on the far right piece of land next to the Bypass connection.
Would that be an IKEA distribution centre or their retail warehouse? I'd assume a warehouse would go out in Aurora on the east side. Though I guess the GTH has that Chinese "shopping mall". Not sure if that is still open tho.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 9:21 PM

Have people seriously not been Yorkton? It's a 3 hour drive. Go in and open your nose if you have any questions about the smell.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Would that be an IKEA distribution centre or their retail warehouse? I'd assume a warehouse would go out in Aurora on the east side. Though I guess the GTH has that Chinese "shopping mall". Not sure if that is still open tho.
Retail Store/Warehouse/Southern Saskatchewan location.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Have people seriously not been Yorkton? It's a 3 hour drive. Go in and open your nose if you have any questions about the smell.
I guess I have no sense of smell. Been to Yorkton hundreds of times and have never smelt anything different from any other smells.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 10:13 PM

Quote:
It was the accusing me of bitching part that was clearly personal. Some advice for you: if you want to disagree with someone, stick to facts about the topic and refrain from referencing anything about the person discussing it. We all mess up sometimes but if we can stick to that, then we will have no problems here.
I would hazard that I have thicker skin than most people these days. What some folks consider an attack is just normal conversation in my world.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2022, 3:05 AM

Didn't live in the northwest before the new sewage treatment plant but I do now for the l
last 3 years off 9th Ave north. I do not notice a shit smell at all coming from the plant. With new technology maybe the crushing plants smell will be very muted as well. Nothing beats that Sulphur smell from the refinery tho, gotta love that!!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Sask Power Logistics Warehouse Complex

Old Posted May 13, 2022, 4:26 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdYZ-j7t...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=
Phase one of the one hundred Million dollar logistics warehouse at the GTH

Great photo

Old Posted May 13, 2022, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mayor View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/CdYZ-j7t...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=
Phase one of the one hundred Million dollar logistics warehouse at the GTH

Great photo
Thanks for the heads up, The mayor. The property is sure full of activity. Exciting!

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; May 13, 2022 at 5:20 PM.

Old Posted May 31, 2022, 6:00 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeLyp7Qs...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Another Update

Looks like two separate warehouses

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 2:07 AM

Posting here as well.

Amazon Canada buys land at Global Transportation Hub near Regina

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...-gth-1.6473465

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Jun 2, 2022 at 2:18 AM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 2:56 AM
BANNED

Crazy shit. But also not surprising.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan