HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 4, 2022, 2:11 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
You sure hate a lot of everything.
Nope, just left wing ideology which seems to prevail today!

And let me guess you probably think that the govt. paying media has no bearing on how, what and when they cover and report. Even now anything conservative is considered racist if it doesn’t fit the left wing narrative.

Sorry but I don't buy into stupidity!

Last edited by rrskylar; May 6, 2022 at 10:42 AM.

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 9:22 PM
surely you agree with me

MMF housing development in downtown Selkirk announced today.

https://www.chrisd.ca/2022/05/25/sel...is-federation/

Old Posted May 25, 2022, 10:06 PM
BANNED

Nice addition to Selkirk!

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 12:57 PM

What an amazing location for the building especially since Eveline is due for reconstruction and implementation of bike lanes. It’s already got decent walkability too. Those people living in the 49 units will get a very good bang for their buck. Loving the investment made by MMF towards this area. Can’t wait to see it get built!

Selkirk is undergoing one of the most amazing transformations I’ve ever seen for a small town. I sound like a broken record here but truly the more news I hear about Selkirk the more I want to move there.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 1:35 PM

Damn. Not only a five star building, but the location is right on the money too. It will be practically the first thing you see coming off the bridge... a very urban downtown building for a downtown that is on the upswing.

I love it when smaller cities assert their urbanity... this is probably the best downtown development in Manitoba outside of Winnipeg since the SCU headquarters went up in downtown Steinbach some years ago.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 7:44 PM
What could go wrong?

So Viking, does that elevation face Eaton or Eveline?
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 9:30 PM
surely you agree with me

Eveline...faces the river.

Old Posted May 27, 2022, 7:53 PM

4th floor hollow core going in today at the HyLife HQ in Steinbach.

Old Posted May 27, 2022, 7:59 PM

^ Nice... Steinbach's latest corporate HQ.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 9:18 AM

Apparently in Brandon the work on the Daly overpass (the 18th St. bridge over the CP mainline) is in full swing.

The 34th St. grade level crossing has apparently stalled. Rumours of drainage problems.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2022, 7:48 PM

Just got back from Winkler now and man I am impressed that place is booming big time. I did not see one empty store front they have the new meridian exhibition centre, new art gallery, entertainment centre and new best western hotel it is growing and growing. Noticed it is becoming much more diverse too then when I lived there 10 years ago a lot more different cultures which is good for that area.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2022, 2:14 PM

Manitoba is going to get its first potash mine, near Russell.

https://news.gov.mb.ca/news/index.ht...ted=2022-06-14

Quote:
The Manitoba government has approved Manitoba’s first potash development, allowing the Potash and Agri-Development Corporation of Manitoba (PADCOM) to start extraction and production in western Manitoba near the community of Russell, Premier Heather Stefanson announced here today at the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada conference.

“This is a significant step forward in our commitment to establish Manitoba as a global leader in sustainable mineral development,” said Stefanson. “Our government is proud to announce PADCOM has received all required approvals to move Manitoba’s first potash mining operation into production. We are working with Indigenous leadership and communities to promote participation in the mineral resource sectors and to ensure communities share in the benefits that result from growth in these sectors.”

Gambler First Nation and PADCOM have developed a partnership, with Gambler First Nation participating as a 20 per cent equity owner.
There is only a small sliver of the western edge of Manitoba with known potash reserves so I wouldn't expect to see too many of these developed in our province, but it's nice to finally see the first one get going.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2022, 2:19 PM

Further to the above, I'm curious as to who PADCOM is. Their website is total amateur hour, it looks like a student project https://manitobapotash.ca/

Obviously there is a First Nations component to this, but where is the capital coming from?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2022, 7:19 PM

On the potash. Even though we have a small sliver. Look at where's Saskatchewan's plants are. Right at the border. IIRC, this is where the potash is closest to the surface. Same with around Saskatoon.

It's a start. Good news for the Province. They have been working on this for decades now.

I am also more interested in who PADCOM is. The website is basically non existent.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2022, 8:40 PM

"By conservative estimates, Saskatchewan could supply world potash demand at current levels for several hundred years."

Saskatchewan is sitting on $trillions in potash at current prices.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2022, 8:45 PM

Putin sitting over there in Russia plotting how to take Saskatoon next...

Old Posted Jun 22, 2022, 9:48 PM

The Clancy novel EndWar has the Russians attacking from the Arctic to seize Alberta's oil while our weak PM dithers in Ottawa. Would Trudeau fight for Saskatchewan?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2022, 11:50 PM

It's not really up to him. But yes of course he would and Canada would lose miserably. Our military is tiny. We rely on the US and our treaties.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2022, 12:02 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
It's not really up to him. But yes of course he would and Canada would lose miserably. Our military is tiny. We rely on the US and our treaties.
Uhh… considering Russia’s performance in Ukraine, I wouldn’t bet against Canada, especially considering we are a NATO country and all members would have to help defend us. We are fine. Though a war between Russia vs NATO would likely result in nuclear annihilation for all involved.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2022, 12:08 AM

Canada's military is small compared to even Ukraine and spread way thin. Canada alone would not stand a chance to Russia. We'd rely on all those gun touting western Canadians to save us lol

Russia could basically take over large parts of the country and do whatever they want. Canada would not respond and we'd live in a occupied war state for a long time.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan