HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 6:35 PM

Glad to see that the A220 and even the MAX 8 will be operating the YXE/YQR - YYZ routes. A much greater number of seats than we currently have, but the new AC schedule is terrible - with no morning flights to YYZ and no later evening return back to Saskatchewan. The earliest you can get to Toronto on AC is3/4pm and which means onwards connections are all going to be early/late evening. Was trying to schedule a flight back from ATH in August and without the later YYZ flight the connections and layovers were way too long. I was hoping to see these morning and evening flights added back on the last schedule update, but it didn’t happen. I see WJ is operating a morning flight a few times a week, which I think will become daily for the summer. They will definitely take some business from AC.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 3:00 PM

It'll take some time for normal pre-pandemic flight frequency to return. No matter how emboldened some travelers are, a significant number of people are still avoiding air travel, and many businesses are still relying on online meetings instead of in-person ones.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 3:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
It'll take some time for normal pre-pandemic flight frequency to return. No matter how emboldened some travelers are, a significant number of people are still avoiding air travel, and many businesses are still relying on online meetings instead of in-person ones.
Even at the height of the pandemic, there was an early morning departure and late evening arrival for Saskatchewan. These changes are recent in the last couple of months. Even my contacts at AC are a bit confused by the changes.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino35 View Post
Even at the height of the pandemic, there was an early morning departure and late evening arrival for Saskatchewan. These changes are recent in the last couple of months. Even my contacts at AC are a bit confused by the changes.
Almost certainly they have other routes with higher demand and need the aircraft elsewhere, then. (Or crew shortages that they expect to persist.)

Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 5:39 PM

Quote:
I was traveling home YYZ-YQR last night (via YYC). There were many ppl on the flight that were connecting to YQR and YXE. Everyone on the Regina flight missed their connection by just a few minutes.

Most of them eventually got booked onto the late WestJet flight. Its really inconvenient to say the least when you have to get home at 3am due to this schedule.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Glad to see that the A220 and even the MAX 8 will be operating the YXE/YQR - YYZ routes. A much greater number of seats than we currently have, but the new AC schedule is terrible - with no morning flights to YYZ and no later evening return back to Saskatchewan. The earliest you can get to Toronto on AC is3/4pm and which means onwards connections are all going to be early/late evening. Was trying to schedule a flight back from ATH in August and without the later YYZ flight the connections and layovers were way too long. I was hoping to see these morning and evening flights added back on the last schedule update, but it didn’t happen. I see WJ is operating a morning flight a few times a week, which I think will become daily for the summer. They will definitely take some business from AC.
Well Air Canada usually uses a mix of the A330/787 or 777 planes on Toronto YYZ-Calgary YYC route 2-3 daily each day and to fill them that can seat 200+, requires some Saskatchewan connectiing passengers both directions✅!

So not surprising there's limited number AC flights between Toronto & Saskatchewan to/from Regina and Saskatoon.

Last edited by Calfan12; Mar 4, 2022 at 6:46 PM.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2022, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM753Fan View Post
I was traveling home YYZ-YQR last night (via YYC). There were many ppl on the flight that were connecting to YQR and YXE. Everyone on the Regina flight missed their connection by just a few minutes.

Most of them eventually got booked onto the late WestJet flight. Its really inconvenient to say the least when you have to get home at 3am due to this schedule.
It's totally an inconvenience.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBean View Post
If anyone else is frustrated with this - please send AC an email at the below link....

https://accc-prod.microsoftcrmportal...da-contact-us/

Old Posted Mar 9, 2022, 8:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM753Fan View Post
If anyone else is frustrated with this - please send AC an email at the below link....

https://accc-prod.microsoftcrmportal...da-contact-us/
It’s passengers demand on flight routes that will help increase flight frequencies✅!

Sending a email to them will do nothing about it or solve the problem.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2022, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan12 View Post
It’s passengers demand on flight routes that will help increase flight frequencies✅!

Sending a email to them will do nothing about it or solve the problem.
Go back to YYC please, bot...

Old Posted Mar 12, 2022, 1:07 AM

Quote:
I just booked a Westjet flight for a late night return home in May. There were no other AC options - even through YYC (which in 10 years I’ve never had to fly to YYC from YYZ to get back to YXE).

Old Posted Mar 19, 2022, 6:49 PM

Smile

Quote:
Can you share a link to where I can find the latest schedule? I usually look here https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...hedules.html#/ and play with the dates but to see when the changes in schedule occur would be really useful...

Old Posted Mar 19, 2022, 6:57 PM

There's still a lot of Dash 8's flying in and out of Regina. The jet service is for Toronto and Vancouver flights , except for a 737 west jet to Calgary once or twice daily I believe.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2022, 5:28 PM

Are there any more direct flights between Regina and Saskatoon anymore? I remember Transwest or someone used to do the run a few times a week.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2022, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Are there any more direct flights between Regina and Saskatoon anymore? I remember Transwest or someone used to do the run a few times a week.
For the Montreal summer flights yes. Regina > Saskatoon > Montreal > Regina.

I do hope in the future each city can have non-stop flights each to Montreal and also to Ottawa.

Old Posted May 1, 2022, 6:58 PM

The Air Canada Montreal to Regina on CRJ900s started again today May 1st. Then returns Regina-Saskatoon-Montreal.

Old Posted May 26, 2022, 7:54 PM

I'm booked on AC8543, YQR-YXE-YUL on June 20. Departs YQR @ 11:40 and lands YUL @ 18:19. Total duration 4:39 is not bad all things considered. Pricing was great when I booked, although the return leg was awful. I'm going via YYZ in the end.

It seems to be operated by a E175.

Curious if anyone knows what the loads have been like on this route so far?

Last edited by EDM753Fan; May 26, 2022 at 9:08 PM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2022, 1:58 AM

Flair Airlines temporarily suspends Regina service

https://www.cjme.com/2022/06/01/flai...egina-service/

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Jun 2, 2022 at 3:26 AM.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2022, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Flair Airlines temporarily suspends Regina service

https://www.cjme.com/2022/06/01/flai...egina-service/
For whatever reasons, Flair just hasn't worked out in the Regina market. I believe they will keep Saskatoon though.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2022, 4:55 AM

Quote:
For whatever reasons, Flair just hasn't worked out in the Regina market. I believe they will keep Saskatoon though.
I am surprised Saskatoon is working out for them. They don't do connections. So they expect everyone to have the same final destination using what is probably the largest aircraft to service either Regina or Saskatoon.

WestJet and Air Canada work because they offer onward connections onto other flights. Once Porter gets their jets delivered and starts expanding into the west they will have a similar business model to WestJet and Air Canada. A better option for Saskatchewan.

Having Flair leave may actually be good all around, that provides more traffic for the WestJet and Air Canada flights and should allow for more frequency.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan