HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1221  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2022, 4:05 PM
CCF's Avatar
CCF CCF is offline
Canadian Urbanite
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Across Canada
Posts: 3,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
I mean, it was definitely because of low sales. It had been for sale for years with no buyer. It was a slow death, but saying they were ready for a new chapter is just being polite.
Nah, this isn't it at all.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1222  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 6:10 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,826
Canada Life Cafeteria has re-opened with a limited menu to start. Apparently there are only about 40 people working in the tower. Still a good sign of things getting back to normal.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1223  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 6:57 PM
djforsberg's Avatar
djforsberg djforsberg is offline
Pride is our downfall
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 2,153
I noticed today that some CRUs are going up where Tony Romos used to be and one of the confirmed tenants appears to be Wendy’s.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1224  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 7:24 PM
djforsberg's Avatar
djforsberg djforsberg is offline
Pride is our downfall
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 2,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Canada Life Cafeteria has re-opened with a limited menu to start. Apparently there are only about 40 people working in the tower. Still a good sign of things getting back to normal.
Damn that's low, and I doubt its an exageration. I worked there as a contractor prior to the pandemic and the floor I was on was pretty sparsely populated. At that point they were talking about moving most or all their IT to Winnipeg and I think it's only a matter of time until they completely shut down their offices in Regina. Gotta love those corporate mergers that never seem to benefit workers or make the cost of their products and services go down.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1225  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 10:27 PM
PhotoJim PhotoJim is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
I noticed today that some CRUs are going up where Tony Romos used to be and one of the confirmed tenants appears to be Wendy’s.
Good. I know it's a chain, but as chain fast-food burger restaurants go, Wendy's is among the best.

(I like Five Guys even better, but one has to be in the mood for it.)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1226  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 10:38 PM
Draftsman Draftsman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 917
I was just saying to someone a week ago that there is no Wendy's on the south end. Nice to hear there will be soon. It appears that there will also be a similar sized building on the property that is "under offer" and from the site plan, it too has a drive thru. I wonder what that will be?

Has the old Tony Roma's/Consumers Distributing building been demolished, or is Wendy's being built in front of the old TR's? I can't tell.

Link to site plan from ICR...

https://www.icrcommercial.com/wp-con...n-04.13.22.pdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1227  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2022, 10:40 PM
Draftsman Draftsman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
Good. I know it's a chain, but as chain fast-food burger restaurants go, Wendy's is among the best.

(I like Five Guys even better, but one has to be in the mood for it.)
I agree, Wendy's is better than McD's or BK in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1228  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 3:45 AM
djforsberg's Avatar
djforsberg djforsberg is offline
Pride is our downfall
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 2,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
I was just saying to someone a week ago that there is no Wendy's on the south end. Nice to hear there will be soon. It appears that there will also be a similar sized building on the property that is "under offer" and from the site plan, it too has a drive thru. I wonder what that will be?

Has the old Tony Roma's/Consumers Distributing building been demolished, or is Wendy's being built in front of the old TR's? I can't tell.

Link to site plan from ICR...

https://www.icrcommercial.com/wp-con...n-04.13.22.pdf
That sucker was torn down!

Is there a standalone Starbucks on South Albert? Could be that. (Edit: probably not since there’s one next door in Save-On)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1229  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 2:10 PM
yveseluj's Avatar
yveseluj yveseluj is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
That sucker was torn down!

Is there a standalone Starbucks on South Albert? Could be that. (Edit: probably not since there’s one next door in Save-On)
Nearest one is in Harbour Landing. There's one in Indigo, but that's different I guess.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1230  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 2:46 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by yveseluj View Post
Nearest one is in Harbour Landing. There's one in Indigo, but that's different I guess.
The Indigo Starbucks is Regina’s only corporate location. That’s why you can only use the app to order in advance for that location (which is extremely frustrating lol).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1231  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 3:58 PM
one_brick_at_a_time's Avatar
one_brick_at_a_time one_brick_at_a_time is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Regina/Toronto
Posts: 1,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
I agree, Wendy's is better than McD's or BK in my opinion.
Would love the other spot to be a Popeyes BUT maybe a second Jollibee for Regina.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1232  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 4:14 PM
djforsberg's Avatar
djforsberg djforsberg is offline
Pride is our downfall
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 2,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
The Indigo Starbucks is Regina’s only corporate location. That’s why you can only use the app to order in advance for that location (which is extremely frustrating lol).
As an aside, it fills me with glee that there is currently a unionization wave happening at Starbucks in the US. Hopefully it spreads up here after they went so long avoiding opening stores in Regina to avoid the union here.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1233  
Old Posted Apr 22, 2022, 5:47 PM
Festivus Festivus is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
As an aside, it fills me with glee that there is currently a unionization wave happening at Starbucks in the US. Hopefully it spreads up here after they went so long avoiding opening stores in Regina to avoid the union here.
Yeah, there have been something like 20 in the past month that have unionized, and another 200+ waiting on votes/certification. It's become a huge movement within the organization. Good for the employees!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1234  
Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 7:07 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,826
For the first time in its 109 year history, the Regina Beach Yacht Club restaurant will be open to he public. Probably the best view of any restaurant in the province. It will definitely be worth the drive out. I would recommend weekdays as I understand that only members can make reservations and you will not want to be disappointed.



From Facebook:
Free Bird is in Regina Beach.
April 11 at 1:05 PM ·
The moment we’ve all been waiting for…
We are excited to announce that we will be running the Regina Beach Yacht Club kitchen this spring/summer season - we are calling it the Brass Monkey.
•Keep your eyes peeled for posts about opening and opening hours.
•FOR RESUMES: please email freebirdeats@icloud.com or come drop it off in person at the restaurant. Please note we are also looking for kitchen staff!
•The name Brass Monkey comes from the beastie boys song, as we always like to keep it fresh, and go with music-inspired names. Brass monkey also happens to be the place where pirates store their cannon balls on a ship, making the name nautical as heck. We are so pumped to extend our little zoo to y’all. Thank you to RBYC for being so supportive to us while we plan for this exciting endeavour, see y’all at the beach.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1235  
Old Posted Apr 26, 2022, 8:10 PM
djforsberg's Avatar
djforsberg djforsberg is offline
Pride is our downfall
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 2,153
I take it that it is being operated by the same people as the Free Bird in Lumsden? If so, that is good news because that place is great.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1236  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2022, 2:32 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
I take it that it is being operated by the same people as the Free Bird in Lumsden? If so, that is good news because that place is great.
Yes correct.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:43 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.