HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 8:58 PM
BANNED

^Another day, another major anchor tenant signs lease at another tower. What a time to be alive.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 8:59 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc5680 View Post
Crains is reporting BMO signed a deal to move into this building
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

For an era in which we are having relatively slow job growth and office construction compared to other regions, we are having ourselves a halfway decent office construction cycle

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 9:04 PM
The City

The question is, does this mean that Union Station renovations will still move forward? Isn't the development of this tower linked with that project?

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 9:06 PM

I hope the tower's design is refined some more. It looks way to similar to the bank of america tower.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeshoredrive View Post
I hope the tower's design is refined some more. It looks way to similar to the bank of america tower.
I agree. I keep assuming that was just a placeholder to show the massing and FAR for the purposes of city approvals. Is it really going to be just a semi-clone of 110 N Wacker?

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 9:20 PM

good news about us getting another tower but i mean another consolidation from Chicago offices isnt really the best for city... would rather have jobs coming from outside the city or even better the state into downtown.. there also like downsizing some 300k square feet of space (3 sites total 850k and going into new tower occupying 500k) . I just wish these huge leases would allow for taller office towers or even some interesting designs... there getting pretty boring now.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
The question is, does this mean that Union Station renovations will still move forward? Isn't the development of this tower linked with that project?
I believe there is a bunch of work planned in the head house next year, mostly turning vacant/unrehabbed space into leasable footage for retail/food/beverage.

I know that Amtrak wants to get that thing generating some cash but the major problems in the concourse and at track level remain to be addressed. I'm getting a little concerned that none of that work will ever be done.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 9:49 PM
DENNAB

Excellent!

It'll be great for that area. I take it they'll also put their logo atop the building like all the other BMO towers?

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 10:01 PM

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like they are bringing in any of their suburban employees.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 10:33 PM
devout Pizzatarian

tribune article states that construction is set to begin in 2019 (though no more specificity is given).

so along with OCS, that makes two pretty solid chances for 700+' skyscraper starts in 2019. perhaps 1000M will surprise us too.

and according to the rendering posted with the tribune article, it looks like we'll be getting another giant corporate logo in the sky. hooray......

source: https://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...210-story.html

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killaviews View Post
Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like they are bringing in any of their suburban employees.
Does BMO have sizable offices in the suburbs? I assume most employment is bank branches out there.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 10:55 PM
The City

Well, think of it this way, if they are consolidating into one office, getting naming rights, and anchoring a new tower.......plus they are taking 500,000 sf for 3,600 employees, I'm wagering they are in expansion mode. There will likely be some workforce additions.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
tribune article states that construction is set to begin in 2019 (though no more specificity is given).

so along with OCS, that makes two pretty solid chances for 700+' skyscraper starts in 2019. perhaps 1000M will surprise us too.

and according to the rendering posted with the tribune article, it looks like we'll be getting another giant corporate logo in the sky. hooray......

source: https://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...210-story.html
I dont mind the sinage aspect with these new towers because its still far few in between!

Banana ?

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 1:02 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post

Call me crazy but I kinda like logos on top of buildings.

Also, while Equinox isn't quite 700+ it too could start pretty soon, and as a relative neighbor to BMO will really enhance that area.

I also believe a recent article was posted stating that 1000M would break ground next month. Not sure if that's still a go.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 1:55 AM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Call me crazy but I kinda like logos on top of buildings.
As long as they are minimalist logos I'm ok with it. I've seen some wonky logos, especially overseas, and it just looks embarrassing.
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 3:58 AM
Everywhere all at once

Wow, with this and the Salesforce announcements, it feels like there will have been enough new office towers in this general area and along the river that it can be thought of as full redevelopment event/trend...sort of like when all the black and glass towers of Park Avenue in NYC went up at once in the '50s and '60s and fundamentally changed the feel of Midtown East.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 4:05 AM

I would have preferred the earlier "cheese grader" but this one is good tall infill for west of the river-looks like they'll light it up good at night. Thanks for the rendering Steely Dan!

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 4:08 AM

Not the most exciting tower. But I'm betting it'll look better in the flesh once it's done.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 4:29 AM

What I like most about it is that it will beef up the SW loop skyline. I think it will really pop when you are driving West on 94 (really north in that spot) that section of the loop can use some more towers to bulk things up a bit.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 5:08 AM

Is BMO really cool with being the smaller imitation Bank of America in the smaller imitation Bank of America building?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive