HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 3:57 PM

FWIW, structural steel is scheduled to start going up in May, so yes, we may be some time off yet unless they're going to go ahead and put the crane up perhaps to use it to help with foundation work. Probably not though.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 9:44 PM

Some redevelopment funds have been borrowed for Mission Bay:

Quote:

UNDER THE DOME CITY HALL NEWS

Supervisors approve the borrowing of $70M by San Francisco Redevelopment Agency

By: Joshua Sabatini 03/15/11 4:05 PM
Examiner Staff Writer

As Governor Jerry Brown continues to advocate for the elimination of redevelopment agencies across the state, the Board of Supervisors approved of San Francisco Redevelopment Agency borrowing $70 million on Tuesday.

About $12 million will pay for the 150 units of family rental housing at 1180 4th Street, near Mission Rock Street, and about $48 million will pay for infrastructure improvements such as parks, open space and roadways in the Mission Bay area.

The Mission Bay Redevelopment Area remains incomplete. The overall redevelopment in Mission Bay North is 95 percent complete and its 40 percent completed in Mission bay South, according to Amy Lee, deputy executive director of the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency in a budget analyst report by Harvey Rose.

Governor Brown’s proposal to eliminate the redevelopment agencies is being blasted by Mayor Ed Lee, among others. But Amy Lee said the bond issuance request is part of the agency’s “normal course of fulfilling its obligations” and is not “a result of the governor’s proposal to eliminate redevelopment agencies.”

However, the legislation to approve the borrowing was sped up, with a special board budget committee meeting at noon, and then an approval by the full board just a few hours later Tuesday.

Amy Lee said that the impact of the governor’s proposal on the Mission Bay Redevelopment Project is currently unclear and it “is unclear and ambiguous as to whether approval of the governor’s proposal would affect the requested bond issuance and expenditure authority,” according to Rose’s report.

The borrowing will cost The City $100 million during the next 30 years.
Source: http://www.sfexaminer.com/blogs/unde...lopment-agency

Old Posted Mar 18, 2011, 2:04 PM

Pfizer coming back to Mission Bay, albeit in a much reduced capacity. Making space for 45 employees as part of their collaboration with UCSF...should be about 20,000 sf. They don't say where it's going to be other than "across the street" from UCSF, so perhaps there's enough space left in 1500 Owens, or maybe they'll join Nektar and Bayer over in the Mission Bay Blvd facility they were supposed to be in initially.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...ssion-bay.html

Old Posted Mar 18, 2011, 8:24 PM
Sonoma Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
As Governor Jerry Brown continues to advocate for the elimination of redevelopment agencies across the state, the Board of Supervisors approved of San Francisco Redevelopment Agency borrowing $70 million on Tuesday.

About $12 million will pay for the 150 units of family rental housing at 1180 4th Street, near Mission Rock Street, and about $48 million will pay for infrastructure improvements such as parks, open space and roadways in the Mission Bay area.

Source: http://www.sfexaminer.com/blogs/unde...lopment-agency
how does 12 million + 48 million = 70 million?!?

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2011, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbay View Post
how does 12 million + 48 million = 70 million?!?
haha...I have no idea.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2011, 7:24 PM

Does anybody wish that they had zoned Mission Bay for more density? I wish they had planned a couple 20 story towers. Ugh SF can be so dumb sometimes

Old Posted Mar 20, 2011, 6:23 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPA View Post
Does anybody wish that they had zoned Mission Bay for more density? I wish they had planned a couple 20 story towers. Ugh SF can be so dumb sometimes
I think the City was smart--highrises would never have flown with the Potrero Hill neighbors and others. Mission Bay is great the way that it is and will be, with the exception that the architecture could have been more exciting.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2011, 9:00 AM

Some info about the Mission Rock development:

http://www.theregistrysf.com/RTRE_gi...l_lot_337.html

Old Posted Mar 21, 2011, 12:26 AM

There was talk of building a basketball staduim and luring in the Warriors. It will probably never happen, but that would be awesome for the city since there is no indoor venue of that size. One can only wish.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2011, 1:45 AM
Droppin' Loads

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOPA View Post
Well the Radiance II towers which are U/C are each 16 stories, so they will add a bit of height and density.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2011, 6:20 PM
Only Mostly Dead

^Plus the Giants' Mission Rock development, which 1977 mentioned, is supposed to include some taller buildings, as is the proposed development for block 5. A little more variety is coming, but it will mostly be at the north end of MB.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Mar 22, 2011, 5:24 AM

I know I am really excited for Radiance II (but kinda wish they were taller). Are the Mission Rock plans final? Are there sketches floating around?

Old Posted Mar 22, 2011, 6:02 AM
Only Mostly Dead

As far as I know, this is still the latest rendering:

Source: SocketSite.

I don't really know how final their plans or these drawings are. I know they're looking for a new financing partner and it's a long-term development to begin with, so it will be awhile until Mission Rock helps in the height department. But someday!

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 8:20 PM

Most of the current details reside here...

http://www.missionrock.org/about.php

Old Posted Mar 26, 2011, 6:31 AM
heavy user of walkability

UCSF med parking garage

maybe not too high on the excitement meter, but about a third of the way through this doc there is a rendering and diagram of the first phase of the planned parking garage for UCSF's medical center:

http://campusplanning.ucsf.edu/pdf/F...Feb25_2011.pdf

Old Posted Mar 26, 2011, 7:40 AM

Radiance II

a few updates from the Radiance II site today...

first, taken from the east end of the Commons looking west, with Radiance I on the right, you can see they were doing a concrete pour around the southeast corner:

since I was able to get over to the MB Visitors Center today, here is a reminder of what we have in store, pic of a model of the site from approximately the same vantage point:

here is the southwest corner:

and its future:

the northwest corner:

future:

Old Posted Mar 26, 2011, 7:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
maybe not too high on the excitement meter, but about a third of the way through this doc there is a rendering and diagram of the first phase of the planned parking garage for UCSF's medical center:

http://campusplanning.ucsf.edu/pdf/F...Feb25_2011.pdf
I found some more renderings and info:

http://www.wrnsstudio.com/wrns1024.php#23_2

...and thanks for the Radiance update!

Old Posted Mar 26, 2011, 8:38 AM

other random updates...

first, in a pic taken last weekend, the west side of the neurosciences building has gotten all its glass:

as of today the north side had about half the glass installed.

also, I'm not sure if it's obvious from the webcam or not, but besides the construction of the neurosciences building, there is significant digging being done on the south and west sides of Rock Hall, which maybe are the repairs of the piping that WildCowboy mentioned at some point had suffered a catastrophic failure. I don't think the scale comes thru well in the pic, but this is the south side of the building, looking west from Fourth St:

and here a couple shots of the med center site. from the south looking north, where you can see clearly the crane-base (this again from last week, but it hadn't changed today):

and from the South St garage today:

Old Posted Mar 26, 2011, 8:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
I found some more renderings and info:

http://www.wrnsstudio.com/wrns1024.php#23_2
ah, much better than sorting thru the long pdf doc! thanks!

Old Posted Mar 26, 2011, 10:26 PM

2235 Third St

a little more close-up info on the project associated with the crane that one can see in the distance down Third St in that final shot in my last post. I think it is close enough (about 2 blocks) to MB that this thread is the best place to put this, at least for now. all pics were taken last weekend.

the site takes up a good chunk of the entire block between 19th and 20th, and Third and Illinois Streets, and sits in front of the northbound T-Third 20th Street Muni stop:

although the brick buildings that are being preserved are not flashy, I think they have character and am glad they are staying:

the site also sits across Illinois St from the Pier 70 project area, whose cranes can be seen when looking east-northeast through the site from Third:

... and the iconic administration building when looking east-southeast:

they had dug fairly deep for the foundation, so the fact that construction is almost reaching street level on the Third St side shows they have made quite a bit of progress already, tho there was no activity on the Saturday I stopped by.

a reminder of some of the recent stimulus for this project.

it's encouraging to see the development ripples expand out from MB to help it link up with its surrounding neighborhoods. maybe this is painting too rosy a picture, but one gets the feeling that in a decade or so you won't have to ride/drive north across the MB desert and Mission Creek Moat to get to the City from Dogpatch or Bayview - you'll feel much more like you're already connected, like you're already there.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development