HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:20 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
High speed passenger trains would be able to run at a peak service frequency of two trains per hour, per direction, which is a slight reduction from earlier plans.
What was the original plan for train frequency? I wonder if they think there won't be too much demand for LAUS-ARTIC high frequency since they are anticipating most people would get off at LAUS.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:31 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Will LAUS-ANAHEIM operate at very high speed? No, but that doesn't justify building it like Brightline Florida.
Did they say what the operational speed will be? IIRC the northern end will be 110 mph, with blended service with Caltrain. Looks like this would be similar type of concept, but blended with Metrolink Orange County Line.

Edit: Found this in the presentation. Given the majority of this line will be at grade, it's safe to assume this section will not exceed 125 mph. Not sure what the actual operation speed will be though.

Quote:
Any crossing with four or more rail tracks or operational speeds over 125 mph are assumed by the Authority to require grade separation.

Last edited by homebucket; Yesterday at 10:26 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:55 PM

Is it 2 HSR trains per hour PLUS additional Metrolink and Amtrak trains? If so I'm curious how many of those would be allowed. Hopefully this doesn't limit Metrolink. This section is slated for 4 Metrolink trains per hour under SCORE...

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:19 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKid View Post
Is it 2 HSR trains per hour PLUS additional Metrolink and Amtrak trains? If so I'm curious how many of those would be allowed. Hopefully this doesn't limit Metrolink. This section is slated for 4 Metrolink trains per hour under SCORE...
It looks like HSR will be blended with Metrolink/Amtrak according to this image. And if you look at the presentation, it says this:

Quote:
The 2018 HSR Project Alternative (informally, 2+2 Alternative) would add one mainline track to the corridor. Two tracks would be used by BNSF; two tracks would be shared by passenger rail services (HSR, Metrolink, Amtrak)

Old Posted Today, 1:40 AM
Resu Deretsiger

Could they go through a dense urban area at 220mph? I would think there’s some kind of federal regulation for that.

Old Posted Today, 1:56 AM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWAK View Post
Could they go through a dense urban area at 220mph? I would think there’s some kind of federal regulation for that.
If it’s fully grade separated I don’t see why not. But it’ll also depend on how many turns there are too.

But since it’s not, the federal speed limit is 110-125 mph. Which if you think about it is still pretty darn fast for only being separated by crossing barriers.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation