HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 29, 2011, 3:24 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I hope that's true but that sounds a bit too optomistic, I like to be more realistic.
NY is the financial capital of the world and has an acute need for new towers. There's nothing myopic about my statement. It's a recitation of facts.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2011, 3:48 AM
An Optimistic Realist

So,basically 2 WTC is on hold right?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2011, 4:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd3189 View Post
So,basically 2 WTC is on hold right?
Yup,it needs tenants to start full construction.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Nov 29, 2011, 3:22 PM
New Yorker for life

Enough about the government, and what it needs to pay for. We've known this tower will need private financing (and tenants) to be completed, nothing has changed. It will simply become another partially built skyscraper waiting for financing to be completed. And as I've said already, still further ahead than any of the large proposals in Midtown. We want it built yesterday obviously, but that's not the way it works.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2011, 11:41 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
NY is the financial capital of the world and has an acute need for new towers. There's nothing myopic about my statement. It's a recitation of facts.
London, Paris, Tokyo etc. are also financial capitals, you don't see them with any massive skyscrapers do you?

Minus the Tokyo sky tree at ~2000'

Old Posted Nov 30, 2011, 12:16 PM
BANNED

NY and London are THE financial capitals, and NY, in particular. London has massive amounts of new space u/c at all times. Most of it is in groundscraper form.

You really do have NY schadenfreude, despite your assertions to the contrary.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
London, Paris, Tokyo etc. are also financial capitals, you don't see them with any massive skyscrapers do you?

Minus the Tokyo sky tree at ~2000'
Paris doesnt need supertalls, London has been building, Tokyo cant build supertalls, HK and Shanghai have to many supertalls and NY is the only one who needs new office space. the average office space in NY is 58 years old, its time for modern spaces.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Nov 30, 2011, 7:02 PM

I'll say this and no more:

I as a NYC metro area resident associate myself with Don's comments...save the moderating issue directed at SoNY. The goal of this post is to hopefully depersonalize the criticisms I'm about to make).
Each one of us should thank our guiding Deity/Higher Power/Supreme Being that these buildings have, in their own stages of development, come along as far as they have in this clusterhump economy. The mere opportunity of being presented with even one positive thing to discuss here on a day-to-day basis is staggeringly remarkable in itself.
That said,
The length of attention span when it comes to following NYguy's simple dictum to "Stay On Topic" is inexplicably short. I must say that...and I do so with no glee in my heart or with any intent to damper your enthusiasm about things that might be perceived as relavant to the pending topic.
That WTC-related threads are intended for meaningful news and visual status reports ought not to be reiterated by the Moderation Staff at every tenth post. Therefore, why the need persists to engage in fatuous pissing contests lies beyond my ability to fathom. Similarly, I think we can put away the Chicken Little brand hand grenades being thrown under the cover of a wet blanket: "OMG these will never get built because of this or that yadda yadda yadda ad nauseam..." And we wonder why these discussions never stay on track and give folks like NYGuy and info-seekers like Don and me agita...
Look........
These babies are rising.
The economy will do what it does regardless.
Silverstein has the capital to do it all himself regardless of the economy.
The circle completes itself and begins anew.

Last edited by JayPro; Nov 30, 2011 at 7:30 PM.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2011, 7:41 PM
BANNED

Unhappy

So let me get this straight..... They probably aren't going to be building WTC 2...AS PROPOSED? (Oh god.. Please don't let that be true).

Old Posted Nov 30, 2011, 9:12 PM

Please stop spreading misinformation, they will eventually be built as proposed, or extremely similar to the rendered designs. The foundations and basement levels have been built for two very unique buildings.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2011, 8:16 PM
Chairman

[ It is unfortunate WTC2 is on hold however if I was financing the project, I would also have held off until a tenant is found. It no longer matters where a project is located. The theory of "build it and they will come because we are in a world class city" is not how investors are judging the success of a project. The evidence is everywhere...

-sb

Last edited by NYguy; Dec 2, 2011 at 6:00 PM.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2011, 8:58 PM
Brooklyn Baby!

2WTC is not on hold. There is plenty to do before it is officially on hold.

For all we know the west crane has been removed so they can start bringing in mechanical equipment into the below grade floors.

Relax People!

Old Posted Dec 1, 2011, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnapp1 View Post
2WTC is not on hold. There is plenty to do before it is officially on hold.

For all we know the west crane has been removed so they can start bringing in mechanical equipment into the below grade floors.

Relax People!
That's just semantics at this point. It is on hold. The cranes are gone. They'll finish up the current floors and protect the exposed elements from the weather.

Then we wait.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2011, 10:03 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

^To be fair, the tower cranes for 2WTC were/are fixed base tower cranes instead of the self-jumping cranes that would be used in skyscraper construction. They would have to be removed no matter what.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Dec 1, 2011, 11:02 PM
Brooklyn Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
That's just semantics at this point. It is on hold. The cranes are gone. They'll finish up the current floors and protect the exposed elements from the weather.

Then we wait.
My original point is that there is plenty of things that still need to happen before it is on hold. Do I think it's going to be on hold? Yes, but that has not officially happened so people should not be saying so. By doing so they are misinforming people.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2011, 12:22 AM

The current information is that the tower (and Tower 3, for that matter) will stop construction halfway through the podium. The lobby and ground level retail will be built and then they'll cap it and wait until the market fills the rest of the tower(s). So we're a little ways away from it being put on hold.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2011, 8:54 AM

Do anyone know if the crane removal is next for Kangaroo crane ? We miss you ZensteelDude ...

Old Posted Dec 2, 2011, 1:29 PM
Khurram Parvaz

Every building is built on public propery except lets say a house on 22 acres of land. ex. Citigroup Building has public areas, and is built on public land.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2011, 4:02 PM
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattali View Post
Do anyone know if the crane removal is next for Kangaroo crane ? We miss you ZensteelDude ...
Yeah where has he been? I haven't seen him since April or so...

Old Posted Dec 2, 2011, 4:27 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

ZensteelDude died from injuries sustained in an automobile accident on April 20, 2011.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction