HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 3:46 PM

Here are some updated pics of the 26 story residential high rise, 212 S Meramec, rising in Clayton. In the foreground they are wrapping up construction of the new $122million St. Louis County Courts addition.

Last edited by Moorlands; Dec 27, 2016 at 4:03 PM.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2016, 10:35 PM
Proud Homer!

See More Renderings HERE.

Construction continues on St. Louis University's main campus in Midtown St. Louis.

Grand Hall dormitory is under construction. Grand Hall will host an additional 530 students when it opens next year.

Just down the street Spring Hall (see street-level, left) opened this Fall to accommodate more than 450 freshmen and sophomores for the growing university.

Last edited by Arch City; Jan 13, 2017 at 10:40 PM.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 4:15 AM

According to a source I know personally (not going to reveal information incase they are wrong) A announcement regarding the Koman Tower at Lindell and Kingshighway is coming before May. It will NOT beat the height of 100 North Kingshighway but about the same height as the Chase Park Plaza. The way it looks or what type of amenities it will hold he didn't tell me so I have no clue as to how it will look. I hope the full announcement comes before May because he also knew about BPV Phase 2 before hand (he works for the City).

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stritzel View Post
According to a source I know personally (not going to reveal information incase they are wrong) A announcement regarding the Koman Tower at Lindell and Kingshighway is coming before May. It will NOT beat the height of 100 North Kingshighway but about the same height as the Chase Park Plaza. The way it looks or what type of amenities it will hold he didn't tell me so I have no clue as to how it will look. I hope the full announcement comes before May because he also knew about BPV Phase 2 before hand (he works for the City).
So there might be two 300+ foot towers going up simultaneously in the Central West End. That neighborhood is on fire right now. Hope this one is condos and not apartments like the 100 hundred building.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalstl View Post
So there might be two 300+ foot towers going up simultaneously in the Central West End. That neighborhood is on fire right now. Hope this one is condos and not apartments like the 100 hundred building.
I would take this guess as a grain of salt. Because he has guessed wrong on a lot of other things before. And he's a little bit skeptical of our City's growth. So do I believe him? A little bit but not fully.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 11:17 PM
Proud Homer!

$1.6-billion spy campus planned for north of downtown St. Louis. All below are conceptual renderings of the 99-acre site.

The NGA has re-committed to St. Louis where it currently houses it NGA West campus. The NGA will be modernizing its local facilities. St. Louis will retain 3,000 jobs with more being added. Additionally, mapping agencies have been setting up new offices in St. Louis in anticipation of this new campus.

Land clearance is underway and eminent domain has been used to acquired some land and properties.

Developers are said to be collaborating already with other housing developers in order to build new housing around the new campus. There are also plans for new commercial development.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 11:28 PM
Proud Homer!

Historic building in downtown St. Louis is about to become, 'Hotel Indigo at the Arch."

Interior demolition is underway.

Hotel Indigo at the Arch

Interior demolition began weeks ago at the LaSalle building, which will become an 86-room Hotel Indigo at the Arch when it opens by the middle of 2018.

ViaNova Development, of Chattanooga, Tenn., is doing the $11 million project, which encompasses the LaSalle, at 501 Olive, and the adjoining Paradowski building at 303 North Broadway. Neil Kapadia, a ViaNova principal, said the LaSalle should be “cleared out” in February.

“From there, it’s full speed ahead … and beginning construction,” he said.

Financing, including 10 years of tax abatement from the city, is complete, Kapadia said. Hotel plans include a ground-floor restaurant and a rooftop bar on the 13-story LaSalle portion of the project.

SOURCE

Photo, NextSTL.com

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 4:50 PM

Does anyone think the NGA will be what gets the ball rolling on the revival of North STL?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 7:45 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwayze1994 View Post
Does anyone think the NGA will be what gets the ball rolling on the revival of North STL?
Not really. It's a gigantic superblock that looks more than a little out of place in its greater area.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwayze1994 View Post
The design needs a lot of work, its pretty suburban looking. I actually do think it will get the ball rolling on some other things. Hopefully it will be the catalyst for the North/South Metrolink expansion and some infill housing. But can it single handily turn around the struggling northside, no.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 1:40 AM

Is anyone else worried that we're nearing the end of the boom? That many STL projects need to get moving or become more of unbuilt St Louis?

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidrabid View Post
Is anyone else worried that we're nearing the end of the boom? That many STL projects need to get moving or become more of unbuilt St Louis?
The only reason I would be nervous is because they are going to start scrutinizing the tax abatement on these projects more. I don't know if they can make some of these work with our slow pop growth.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidrabid View Post
No. I personably think that we are just beginning. While the first half of the year will be slow, the second half will be better since a MAJORITY of the projects will get underway. I think that Cupples X will throw in the towel and give up. But besides that, I think we will begin to steady out on announcements by the end of the year.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2017, 10:34 PM

2 things to report on today...

1- Surveys for people who are looking to live in the BPV 2 Tower are beginning to be sent out. If you are signed up to recieve Emails regardign the Project, specifically Residnetial, you will have been asked to sign up for a survey time. It asks simple questions but lasts about a hour long. But your feedback goes back to Cordish to help design a truly modern and urban development.
[IMG]

2- As the Trump administration rolls in starting next Monday, developers will not be annoucnign any new project until they can see how the new administration is going to effect the national and local economies. So now we have to be patient until mid year when they and we can get a idea on how it will be.

And on a random note, I believe the 212 Project in Clayton is topped out. And in the City, The Euclid is going above the ground finally. The building is on its first floor.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 1:46 PM

I love that rendering. It will be refreshing to seem some new modern infill downtown in addition to all the historic rehabs.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 1:48 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stritzel View Post
2 things to report on today...

1- Surveys for people who are looking to live in the BPV 2 Tower are beginning to be sent out. If you are signed up to recieve Emails regardign the Project, specifically Residnetial, you will have been asked to sign up for a survey time. It asks simple questions but lasts about a hour long. But your feedback goes back to Cordish to help design a truly modern and urban development.
[IMG]

2- As the Trump administration rolls in starting next Monday, developers will not be annoucnign any new project until they can see how the new administration is going to effect the national and local economies. So now we have to be patient until mid year when they and we can get a idea on how it will be.

And on a random note, I believe the 212 Project in Clayton is topped out. And in the City, The Euclid is going above the ground finally. The building is on its first floor.
does that rendering say ST. LOUIS - MO? i don't think we need to be reminded that we are in missouri. we were here before f'n missouri.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 4:11 PM
Proud Homer!

Recent progress drone video footage of project, "Encore at Forest Park".

Balke Brown Transwestern plans to build a 246-unit apartment complex at the Highlands at Forest Park, which is tucked away just south of Forest Park.

The $51 million complex, to be known as Encore at Forest Park, will be that last phase of Balke Brown's $250 million, 26-acre Highlands development.

The Encore apartments will be built on the last three acres of vacant land at the site along Interstate 64/Highway 40.

The Encore project, slated for completion in 2017, will include 37 studio, 79 two-bedroom and 126 one-bedroom apartments as well as four three-bedroom penthouse apartments.

It is four miles from downtown Clayton, one mile from Washington University in St. Louis, one mile from the WU Medical Center and two miles from CORTEX.

Video Link

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
does that rendering say ST. LOUIS - MO? i don't think we need to be reminded that we are in missouri. we were here before f'n missouri.
Yes, it says that, along with every other rendering showing the office building. Why did they do this? Who knows, maybe for people that are lost.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 9:00 PM

MLS Funding Bill

The MLS stadium proposal that will take over from the 22nd Street Interchange is back before the board of Aldermen. Plans now inlcude the City offering up $60 million (Down from $80 Million) for Stadium Construction with the SCSTL handling the rest of the costs. MODOT will handle the $50 Million removal of the 22nd Street Ineterchange. If passed by the board of Aldermen before the January 24th deadline, the funding bill will be put on the April Ballot for the ciitzens of STL to approve or disappove the project. If Constructed, the whole project will be around $200 Million. The Stadium would be able to hold 20,000 People which could be extended to 24,000. It will sit directly East of Union Station in the Downtown West Neighborhood.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 4:37 PM
Proud Homer!

The Barton in Clayton is under construction.

It is a $55-million project by Covington Development. Under construction are 230 apartment units at 8500 Maryland Avenue in downtown Clayton, next to Caleres Shoe Co.'s headquarters.

The complex will have 6 and 7-story buildings.

The Barton by Paul Sableman, on Flickr

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations