HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 16, 2023, 8:29 PM

Cargill skyline

Old Posted Jun 17, 2023, 5:06 PM

Thank you , that is quite the skyline !

Old Posted Jul 26, 2023, 1:23 PM

Good morning you beauties , does anyone have any photo updates please and tha k you

Old Posted Sep 19, 2023, 7:37 PM

https://leaderpost.com/news/politics...ays-government
Five more acres of land sold at GTH, says government
"In total, 1010.2 acres have been sold by the GTH since its inception while 497 acres remain for sale, with the remainder of the land dedicated to infrastructure

A Saskatchewan trucking company has purchased five acres of land at the Global Transportation Hub (GTH).

Guldeep Romana, owner of Cam Transport, said the purchase was made as his company looks to expand.

“The ease of access to the bypass to serve our many customers from around the city made our location decision an easy one,” said Romana in a government press release.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2023, 8:59 PM

After all the controversy around the tub, there are only 497 acres of land left to develop , one major a new company could fill up the whole transportation. Hub question is can more land be added.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2023, 12:17 AM

https://www.sasktoday.ca/highlights/...as-gth-7834393
Five-acre site to be developed at Regina's GTH
Global Transportation Hub closes sale with Canadian Line Haul Ltd.
Canadian Line Haul’s development plans for the five-acre plot include a 10,000-square-foot shop for heavy truck and trailer servicing with the option to expand to 30,000 square feet. This additional square footage may be used to facilitate company growth plans or as space for rent.

“As we look ahead to 2024, we expect to maintain this momentum, continuing to positively impact our region and Saskatchewan’s economy,” GTH president and CEO Daniel Hersche said.

The GTH is a 1,871-acre self-governing inland port and Foreign Trade Zone suited for warehousing, logistics, and transportation operations.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2023, 4:00 AM

Since I found a nice scale drawing of the Cargill site and the 2023 Regina aerial photography gave me many points to line it up I added most of the canola plant to OpenStreetMap. The open source image editor Gimp lets you import PDF vector drawings at high resolution for a lot of detail. It took me a little while to figure out the tracks. There are lines that represent rail and identical groups of 3 lines that represent service roads parallel to the tracks. There is a ridiculous amount of rail going in. Usually I don't map stuff before its fully built, but as the site will never be open to the public it won't affect anyone.

Might take a day before the tiles fully render at other zoom levels, I think rail and private roads are low priority for updates.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/50.4499/-104.7678

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan