HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
Good luck putting the genie back in the bottle.
I was up in NYC during the last few weeks of their mandates. No one was really following them. It’s a fast moving city and there’s just so many people there that’s it’s impossible to really enforce or abide by them.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 6:10 PM

If they reinstitute the made, I feel the worst about the school kids; the most disadvantaged kids in the region get muzzled with a mask why the suburbs go on with life like normal. How is that equitable?

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
If they reinstitute the made, I feel the worst about the school kids; the most disadvantaged kids in the region get muzzled with a mask why the suburbs go on with life like normal. How is that equitable?
They did. They just announced it live.

Even though even the CDC doesn't recommend it at these levels.

We are the only major city in America with a mask mandate.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
They did. They just announced it live.

Even though even the CDC doesn't recommend it at these levels.

We are the only major city in America with a mask mandate.
I think we may be the only city or town frankly in America that will have it. Did some research and I literally can’t find anyplace else. Unless anyone knows of anywhere else? It’s bizarre.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 6:31 PM
Me?!?

There's still a live discussion going on at the time of this post re: the mask mandate back into effect for those interested:

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-covid-...illy/11734221/

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 7:02 PM
Chris

Way to go Philly. At the forefront of public safety...

Beyond ridiculous, and not a good look that the city is a complete outlier. It's so contradictory to advocate for workers, conventions, tourists, etc., to return and then mandate masks at indoor settings. Just skip Philly and go to NYC or DC then.

We are 2 plus years into the pandemic and all research indicates that Covid is lessening as a threat with each new variant, think the flu... Let people decide for themselves at this point. I don't get it anymore.

Last edited by PHLtoNYC; Apr 11, 2022 at 7:13 PM.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 7:04 PM

Just pretend the city is like an airplane, where the only thing between you and certain death is a disposable mask.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 7:26 PM

Lmao even the hospitals are taking down a lot of their signage

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 8:02 PM

Man... I was onboard for masks for 2 years, am fully vaccinated and boosted...

...But at this point, we gotta move the fuck on. Seriously. This is a PERFECT example of the sheer level of incompetence and ineptitude from our city leadership. All of the success in Philly continues to happen INSPITE of them, not because of them.

We can't continue going like this for the rest of our lives. COVID is getting less severe with each strain. Anyone who wants to wear a mask can wear a fucking mask AT ANY TIME. We do not need mandates. Everyone who wants to be vaccinated at this point is. The vaccine is there for anybody who wants to be vaccinated at any point in the future. Those who do not want to be vaccinated are not going to be. Who exactly are we protecting at this point? Even the hospitals are saying there's no need for it and it's time to move on.

The leadership in this city is the most incompetent in the country. It's a complete disgrace.

The restaurants should be rallying against this. The convention and visitors bureau should be railing against this. Every business in the city should be coming down on the city about this. Absolutely ludicrous.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 8:29 PM
Chris

^ Exactly!
I wonder if it will be enforced. My friend in South Philly says no way in hell people will oblige. Many probably aren't even aware of the new mandate.

Also, I can't help but laugh at the city waiting an entire week to start the mandate...

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
Muzzled? Lol.

Preschools in Philly have been masked this whole time. News flash, they don't really care. My son has no problem at all with his mask. It's the dumbfuck adults who can't handle a simple precaution without bitching and crying and moaning.

Truly pathetic.

Last edited by summersm343; Apr 11, 2022 at 8:48 PM. Reason: Removed personal attack

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 8:42 PM

Lol, even Josh Shapiro came out and called the Philly mask mandate “counter productive”. Kenney and Bettigole are about to have some serious egg on their face I think. Write to your rep, protest this!

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 8:43 PM

Deleted

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Man... I was onboard for masks for 2 years, am fully vaccinated and boosted...

...But at this point, we gotta move the fuck on. Seriously. This is a PERFECT example of the sheer level of incompetence and ineptitude from our city leadership. All of the success in Philly continues to happen INSPITE of them, not because of them.

We can't continue going like this for the rest of our lives. COVID is getting less severe with each strain. Anyone who wants to wear a mask can wear a fucking mask AT ANY TIME. We do not need mandates. Everyone who wants to be vaccinated at this point is. The vaccine is there for anybody who wants to be vaccinated at any point in the future. Those who do not want to be vaccinated are not going to be. Who exactly are we protecting at this point? Even the hospitals are saying there's no need for it and it's time to move on.

The leadership in this city is the most incompetent in the country. It's a complete disgrace.

The restaurants should be rallying against this. The convention and visitors bureau should be railing against this. Every business in the city should be coming down on the city about this. Absolutely ludicrous.
I’m starting to get the feeling there may be actual live protests. Will keep everyone on here updated if you want to join.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Muzzled? Lol.
Preschools in Philly have been masked this whole time. News flash, they don't really care. My son has no problem at all with his mask. It's the dumbfuck adults who can't handle a simple precaution without bitching and crying and moaning.

Truly pathetic.
You want to continue to go on like this for the rest of your life? Guess what. COVID is here to stay. We'll be getting new strains annually or biannually at this point.

I was perfectly fine with masks for 2 years, am vaccinated and boosted... but at some point we have to move on. No other major city is doing this and the hospitals are not overwhelmed. Please tell me what the point of this is and whom exactly we're protecting at this point?

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Muzzled? Lol.

Truly pathetic.
You know, I've defended your positions many, many times but I'm not sure why you think this is an appropriate way to communicate. I won't respond in kind because I refuse to conduct myself in such a way.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Muzzled? Lol.

Truly pathetic.
Genuinely one of the worst posts I've ever seen on this website. No matter how you feel about this, this is NOT the way to encourage productive discourse.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 9:40 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Genuinely one of the worst posts I've ever seen on this website. No matter how you feel about this, this is NOT the way to encourage productive discourse.
He may have said it a little harsh but cmon a couple months ago & even to the beginning of the pandemic we had grown adults going crazy over masks & the vaccines like the world was ending.

I dont want to get into the rabbit hole of politics & freedoms so im gonna keep it short & simple.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 10:04 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
He may have said it a little harsh but cmon a couple months ago & even to the beginning of the pandemic we had grown adults going crazy over masks & the vaccines like the world was ending.

I dont want to get into the rabbit hole of politics & freedoms so im gonna keep it short & simple.
I don't think anyone here was against the mandates and precautions over the past 2 years (I wasn't).

But the issue now is that the city is initiating pointless, unclear, and counterproductive measures, even against CDC guidelines. AND Philadelphia is a lone wolf with this mandate. I see zero benefit, and it will 100% hinder Philadelphia's economic recovery as we enter the warmer months.

Let's just hope this is very short mandate and the city realizes this was a dumb decision. It will also be tough to enforce.

This should not require masks indoors... https://www.google.com/search?q=covi...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old Posted Apr 11, 2022, 10:15 PM

For better or worse, we’re on our own with this for the moment. Getting national coverage:

Philadelphia becomes first major US city to reinstate its indoor mask mandate as cases rise https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/11/healt...-19/index.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development