HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 9:44 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
I view this as you trying to wish something true.
Isn't that the essence of this forum? Wishing for height, density, and urban vitality and celebrating it when it occurs? I'll never apologize for advocating for what I want, regardless of how likely it is to occur.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 5:25 AM

Omg, enough talk about parking. What is this Garfield House or whatever on 6th st and Garfield? Anyone have a rendering?

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 2:39 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
Omg, enough talk about parking. What is this Garfield House or whatever on 6th st and Garfield? Anyone have a rendering?
Proposed 285' tower where the current Growhouse is located. It was posted earlier somewhere on here. I will try to dig up that post for you.

Edit: Here's the Fact Finding for Garfield House if you want to take a look. No renderings, just general information: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cpv...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by CrestedSaguaro; Feb 25, 2020 at 3:21 PM.

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 10:22 PM

Has anyone been by here to see if construction is still going on??

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 11:24 PM

Construction on Kenect? Yes, it's nearly completed. Lots of interior work going on now I'd suspect.

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Construction on Kenect? Yes, it's nearly completed. Lots of interior work going on now I'd suspect.
I'll be excited to see them starting the outside paneling for garage and all that. I'm curious to know what they're going to fill those giant empty spaces with on Kenect.

Old Posted May 14, 2020, 11:53 PM

In watching other buildings go up I've noticed that garage facades are usually not a priority. I would guess because it doesn't really matter if the wind/dust/rain gets in the garage but those things will ruin what they're trying to do in living levels.

Old Posted May 15, 2020, 6:30 PM
Modulator

Quote:
In watching other buildings go up I've noticed that garage facades are usually not a priority. I would guess because it doesn't really matter if the wind/dust/rain gets in the garage but those things will ruin what they're trying to do in living levels.
Correct. Link's garage (and also the Ryan) was the last part of the project after nearly the entire tower was completed. Kenect will be the same...probably another month before the garage facade goes on.

Old Posted May 15, 2020, 6:58 PM

Some recent pics of Kenect (and X Phoenix) can be found here:

https://phxurbanist.com/kenect-and-x-phoenix-update-2/

Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 12:27 AM

https://azbigmedia.com/real-estate/k...V1aAjyNBMHOxyo

A write up about the upcoming Kenect residential this fall. I didn’t realize some of the larger units are setup similarly to X Phoenix with shared living spaces where tenants are paying for their bedroom.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 6:46 PM

Another piece keeping Kenect in the news:

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...ng-office.html

10 leases so far seems low but given that they don't open until November, the heat, the pandemic, etc., it doesn't seem that concerning or surprising either. This did surprise me though:

Quote:
Nonresidents also can buy a social membership package, which includes all onsite amenities and programming.
Is that saying that I could, for instance, pay to have access to the rooftop pool? Depending on price that could be a pretty nice deal. I probably would be less of a fan though if I was living there.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Another piece keeping Kenect in the news:

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...ng-office.html

10 leases so far seems low but given that they don't open until November, the heat, the pandemic, etc., it doesn't seem that concerning or surprising either. This did surprise me though:

Is that saying that I could, for instance, pay to have access to the rooftop pool? Depending on price that could be a pretty nice deal. I probably would be less of a fan though if I was living there.
I feel like that will backfire. Residents already hate the StayAlfred and Sonder stays short term rental companies. Especially in a Covid environment but I hope it is a success, I personally would love to use it.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 3:00 PM

Pleasantly surprised with the look of this one. I think it turned out better than the rendering. Still no gem, but it's fine.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Pleasantly surprised with the look of this one. I think it turned out better than the rendering. Still no gem, but it's fine.
I agree looks more like a office building than residencial living but it still looks good. I will take the infill any day

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 7:03 PM

Since the apartments come pre-furnished, my guess is that they are heavily targeting students + traveling business.

And if that's the case, it'll be a pretty loud/high traffic residental building anyway... selling some 'amenity passes' won't be a big deal...

Now if Palomar started doing something like amenity passes... thats a whole different story.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
Since the apartments come pre-furnished, my guess is that they are heavily targeting students + traveling business.

And if that's the case, it'll be a pretty loud/high traffic residental building anyway... selling some 'amenity passes' won't be a big deal...

Now if Palomar started doing something like amenity passes... thats a whole different story.
This is the correct answer. That building is going to be a zoo, of sorts.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 6:28 PM

https://whatnowphoenix.com/kenect-ph...9zVIBmGm2wx0aE

In partnership with C3 (Creating Culinary Communities), a food and drink platform founded by Sam Nazarian, Kenect Phoenix (and all future Kenect properties) will serve as a ghost kitchen hub for restaurants like Umami Burger, Krispy Rice, Sam’s Crispy Chicken, and Plant Nation. Each participating restaurant will also have a street-facing cafe on the property.

Ghost kitchens are a new concept (c. 2020) and coming to Kennect. Does anyone know if these spaces engage the street, like can someone eat there, or will it be a dead space?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 7:49 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
https://whatnowphoenix.com/kenect-ph...9zVIBmGm2wx0aE

In partnership with C3 (Creating Culinary Communities), a food and drink platform founded by Sam Nazarian, Kenect Phoenix (and all future Kenect properties) will serve as a ghost kitchen hub for restaurants like Umami Burger, Krispy Rice, Sam’s Crispy Chicken, and Plant Nation. Each participating restaurant will also have a street-facing cafe on the property.

Ghost kitchens are a new concept (c. 2020) and coming to Kennect. Does anyone know if these spaces engage the street, like can someone eat there, or will it be a dead space?
The wording "street facing cafe" makes me hopeful. It would be such a waste to operate a ghost kitchen relying on 100% takeout/delivery in a prime downtown space.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
The wording "street facing cafe" makes me hopeful. It would be such a waste to operate a ghost kitchen relying on 100% takeout/delivery in a prime downtown space.
The wording makes me hopeful but I'm worried about the concept itself being exclusive to the residents. Exclusive spots are a novelty in downtown but they haven't worked. The last thing Central Ave needs more of is dead space.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest