HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 8:47 PM
Modulator

When I was downtown this afternoon, I was trying to pay attention to the numbers of people walking around. There is definitely an uptick of people on the sidewalks, at lunch spots and in Fry's.

Hopefully, this means people are starting to get out a bit more. Good thing is nearly everyone has a mask on...even while outside. If this continues, I'm hoping things will slowly start to build back up.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedSaguaro View Post
When I was downtown this afternoon, I was trying to pay attention to the numbers of people walking around. There is definitely an uptick of people on the sidewalks, at lunch spots and in Fry's.

Hopefully, this means people are starting to get out a bit more. Good thing is nearly everyone has a mask on...even while outside. If this continues, I'm hoping things will slowly start to build back up.
I totally agree and hopefully more people out when it cools down.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 11:15 PM

There's a massive decline in feet on the pavement every summer. Last summer I was walking from my office to lunch and no one was out. It's a little more exaggerated this year but not night/day in my opinion.

This is still an insanely fast growing city with a housing shortage that somehow has become even more pronounced.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2020, 12:13 AM

I work downtown in Colliers Center and we haven't been in the office since March and as of right now we won't be back until next year. I haven't been to the office since we are not allowed and have zero reason to go downtown other than work.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2020, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoPhoenician View Post
I work downtown in Colliers Center and we haven't been in the office since March and as of right now we won't be back until next year. I haven't been to the office since we are not allowed and have zero reason to go downtown other than work.
My employer has had me work from home since mid-March and isn't expressing much optimism that we will be going back before year's end. I'm not that far from Downtown, so I'll still head there to get take out and shop at Fry's. Miss being down there daily.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2020, 6:43 PM

How are those small businesses downtown that rely on a day time population swell suppose to survive?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 4:01 PM

I have to say I was skeptical of the Washington side of this project but after driving by yesterday, I was blown away! Both Blanco Tacos and Chase Bank have outdone themselves with their respective retail suites and the streetscape is fantastic! Block 23 may not have height, but it engages the pedestrian in ways that make Cityscape a fortress.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
I have to say I was skeptical of the Washington side of this project but after driving by yesterday, I was blown away! Both Blanco Tacos and Chase Bank have outdone themselves with their respective retail suites and the streetscape is fantastic! Block 23 may not have height, but it engages the pedestrian in ways that make Cityscape a fortress.
Totally agree. Didn't see the Chase branch but Blanco Tacos looks great. Snapped the following cell pics while dropping off some packages at FedEx next door.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 9:33 PM

Recently signed downtown Phoenix leases include new bowling alley

Cityscape slowly coming back to life. Old GrabbaGreen and Lucky Strike spots have been leased up.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...ew-bowlin.html

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Dec 3, 2020 at 5:32 PM.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2021, 9:14 PM

WeWork to close one Phoenix-area location

Well this was kind of expected but still not ideal. Prime location.

Good thing is they are moving to the other downtown PHX location at 101 North Building. Kind of odd WeWork had 2 locations within downtown.

https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/...-location.html

Quote:
Coworking giant WeWork announced to its members Tuesday that it will be vacating its location in Block 23 in downtown Phoenix on Feb. 26.

Members of the Block 23 WeWork location were given the option to move into the nearby 101 North building at First Avenue and Adams Street, and WeWork will do all the moving work for them.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest