HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 9:45 PM

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 11:41 PM

Looks fantastic.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 9:01 PM

Believe this is the final MS signage for the buildings being installed today. Can't wait until the sidewalk barriers are removed. Most on site materials/equipment has been removed so the it is mostly clear. Of course when they install the access glass (on both buildings) it should be a near complete indicator.

Just to add and hardly exciting but here is P2 and P1 (about a week ago). Didn't take a pic of P3 for some reason.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 9:57 PM

Just to add and hardly exciting but here is P2 and P1 (about a week ago). Didn't take a pic of P3 for some reason.

UGH! But, I heard P3 was the best one!

Thanks for the photos.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhunkyPho View Post

UGH! But, I heard P3 was the best one!

Thanks for the photos.
Here is a pic of of P3 almost a year ago. OF course it is now asphalt/stripped.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 1:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
Here is a pic of of P3 almost a year ago. OF course it is now asphalt/stripped.

I can only imagine how amazing it is now.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2021, 9:12 PM

Couple of pics of Atlantic Yards.

Back alley

Front sidewalk view.

P3 Parking deck finished (today).

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 12:06 AM

^^^ I hate they are still blocking the 17th st lane even though no equipment has been in that lane in a couple of months

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edg1 View Post
^^^ I hate they are still blocking the 17th st lane even though no equipment has been in that lane in a couple of months
...and Market St.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 8:23 PM

They’re still not done with the sidewalk leading up to the building. You can see it in the most recent photos. Not sure if they are pouring more concrete or putting down brick (I’d guess the latter) but it’s not finished yet.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
They’re still not done with the sidewalk leading up to the building. You can see it in the most recent photos. Not sure if they are pouring more concrete or putting down brick (I’d guess the latter) but it’s not finished yet.
....and I think the "problem" is that MS has no plans to occupy until mid fall (originally winter 20) at the earliest so there is no pressing hurry to finish the details and punch lists.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2021, 4:50 PM

Raining today so I ran in The Atlantic Station parking deck. Luckily we have a humongous deck.

FUN FACT: Around the perimeter of P1 or P2 is a little over 1 mile. P3 is much smaller.

Here is Atlantic Yards/MS parking deck.

P1,P2 & P3

P3, P2 & P1

Fowler St entrance/exit on P3

Elevator on P3

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 2:29 PM

For those complaining about the lane closure for Atlantic Yards, I just drove by and the entire lane was full of equipment, 2 lift trucks, glass trucks and Sheetrock trucks. Therefore, the lane is definitely still being used daily for construction.

I’m probably in the minority, but I think the Embassy Suites turned out nice. The contrasting brick works and the EFIS doesn’t distract from the final product.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
For those complaining about the lane closure for Atlantic Yards, I just drove by and the entire lane was full of equipment, 2 lift trucks, glass trucks and Sheetrock trucks. Therefore, the lane is definitely still being used daily for construction....
The point is that MS was originally set to ocuppy in fall or winter of 20. Now they have stated Sep of 21 as the earliest for all MS employees to return to the office so construction is dragging on since there is no hurry to complete.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 3:21 PM

It’s not just that! Items that took 1 week before are now taking 4-6 weeks or longer on many products. It’s also extremely hard to hire anyone at the moment. Unemployment might be high but trust me finding anyone to work is extremely hard. In my 25 years in the industry, I’ve never seen it this hard to find employees, supplies or keep a budget. Prices are increasing 10-20 percent every 45 days on lots of products and many contracts are being renegotiated to keep contractors afloat and projects moving forward. Wood prices alone are up 200% in the past 6 mths and can’t find stock. Concrete has jumped 50%. Im just using as examples. Suppliers are not guaranteeing any delivery prices for the past year on most materials. There is no incentive to rush and cost even more if it’s not needed immediately.

You are right as well if it’s not needed until people are returning to the office then that is what it is. Right now is not typical for anything PERIOD!

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 3:56 PM

Quote:
It’s not just that! Items that took 1 week before are now taking 4-6 weeks or longer on many products. It’s also extremely hard to hire anyone at the moment. Unemployment might be high but trust me finding anyone to work is extremely hard. In my 25 years in the industry, I’ve never seen it this hard to find employees, supplies or keep a budget. Prices are increasing 10-20 percent every 45 days on lots of products and many contracts are being renegotiated to keep contractors afloat and projects moving forward. Wood prices alone are up 200% in the past 6 mths and can’t find stock. Concrete has jumped 50%. Im just using as examples. Suppliers are not guaranteeing any delivery prices for the past year on most materials. There is no incentive to rush and cost even more if it’s not needed immediately.

You are right as well if it’s not needed until people are returning to the office then that is what it is. Right now is not typical for anything PERIOD!
What we're hearing in my office from contractors and subs is not just that they can't guarantee a price for more than 30 days, but that they aren't even sure they'll be able to procure the product when it's needed. There's a severe shortage of materials across the country in all product categories. Construction projects are just taking longer to complete because of a lack of materials in addition to the labor shortage that's been building for years.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 4:25 PM

Absolutely true! Honestly I’m astonished at the number of projects breaking ground with so much uncertainty surrounding costs and timelines right now. If you are in the industry it’s freighting and stressful because each day you don’t know what’s going to happen whether it be materials delayed a month, loss of workers or a surprise 30% cost increase for paint materials from last week....

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Absolutely true! Honestly I’m astonished at the number of projects breaking ground with so much uncertainty surrounding costs and timelines right now. If you are in the industry it’s freighting and stressful because each day you don’t know what’s going to happen whether it be materials delayed a month, loss of workers or a surprise 30% cost increase for paint materials from last week....
I speculate that people in the know might know the reason for inflation and perhaps can see those trends changing. Labor is an issue right now, however, I believe the state providing unemployment is an issue. Restaurants seem to be going at a good clip now (I was in Atlanta earlier this week), however, I gather the hotel industry is still seeing headwinds.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 8:32 PM

I was just reading an article on Bisnow about the situation.

https://www.bisnow.com/national/news...-estate-108682

Old Posted May 1, 2021, 6:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
Labor is an issue right now, however, I believe the state providing unemployment is an issue.
this is such bullshit

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta