HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 3:37 PM

Dueling Projects on the Border of Northern Liberties & Fishtown

1108 N. Front Street in NoLibs renderings:

1108 N. Front Street current progress:

1141 N. Front Street in Fishtown renderings:

1141 N. Front Street current progress:

Read/view more here:
https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...rties-fishtown

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Great project moving forward. Now Callowhill needs a road diet.

Running Up That (Callow)hill: Construction Starting Soon at 5th & Callowhill

https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...5th-callowhill
LOVE it!

Current view:

Rendering:

Current view:

Rendering:

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 4:17 PM

150-Unit Building Rising in Olde Richmond

Rendeirng of 2400 E. Huntingdon Street:

Current progress of 2400 E. Huntingdon Street:

Read/view more here:
http://www.rising.realestate/150-uni...olde-richmond/

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 4:19 PM

120-Unit Project Rising at 12th and Vine Street

Current progress:

Project renderings:

Read/view more here:
http://www.rising.realestate/120-uni...d-vine-street/

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 4:23 PM

Foundations Underway At 207-11 Vine Street In Old City

Current progress:

Project renderings:

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/08/foun...-old-city.html

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 4:25 PM

Construction Progresses At 214 Vine Street In Old City

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/08/cons...-old-city.html

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 4:25 PM

Construction Progresses At 4300 Ridge Avenue In East Falls

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/08/cons...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 4:27 PM

Permits Issued For 748 North 40th Street In Belmont

Project elevation:

Current site:

Quote:
Permits have been issued for the construction of a three-story, 12-unit residential building at 717 North 35th Street in Belmont, West Philadelphia. The development will replace a vacant lot on the west side of the block between Aspen and Brown streets. Designed by Haverford Square Designs, the building will feature parking for four bicycles, a basement, and a large roof deck reserved for the penthouse unit. Permits list Eugene Naydovich of Fitler Development as the contractor and a construction cost of $500,000.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/08/perm...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 4:29 PM

Permits Issued For 3838-52 Pechin Street In Manayunk/Roxborough

Project elevations:

Current site:

Site plan:

Quote:
Permits have been issued for the construction of a three-story, 15-unit apartment building at 3838-52 Pechin Street in Manayunk, Northwest Philadelphia. The development will replace an overgrown lot at a hilltop site at the east side of the block between Ridge Avenue and Hermit Street. Designed by 3GHC Architects and Ruggiero Plante Land Design, the project will span 11,790 square feet and will feature parking for six vehicles. Permits list 2nd Story Renovations as the contractor and a construction cost of $2 million.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/08/perm...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 4:32 PM

Partial Permits Issued For 6808 Ridge Avenue In Roxborough

Quote:
A zoning permit for lot line relocation has been issued for a five-story, 80-unit mixed-use development planned at 6808 Ridge Avenue (aka 6808-16 Ridge Avenue) in Roxborough, Northwest Philadelphia. The project will replace a pair of three-story mixed-use rowhouses on the west side of the block between Parker and Paoli avenues. Designed by Ingram Sageser Architects, the building will span 77,780 square feet and feature commercial space on the ground floor, as well as parking for 24 cars and 27 bicycles.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2022/08/part...ladelphia.html

Old Posted Aug 21, 2022, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
150-Unit Building Rising in Olde Richmond

Read/view more here:
http://www.rising.realestate/150-uni...olde-richmond/
Reading the IG comments why do people think this project is that bad? The building being too tall? I think it's fine?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2022, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
LOVE it!

Current view:

Rendering:

Current view:

Rendering:
This is going to be the most transformative project in a Philadelphia neighborhood in a long long time. It's going to completely reset the energy.

That being said, I would love it if Paul Levy would get his hands on Callowhill and attempt to make it a part of the Center City District before there are NIMBYs there who wouldn't let him.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2022, 5:21 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Old Posted Aug 21, 2022, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjrip View Post
There are so many golf courses not that far, at least. I hear you though, it's a shame to lose a public course. But I'm happy to see one of those redeveloping into a much more flexible space, especially considering it's such prime urban real estate. This looks really nice!
The old FDR golf course was poorly situated. Because of drainage problems, in a former wetlands area, sections were often unusable.

The newest plan responds to the protests over the version that was put together in 2019, and it is an improvement. The recreational fields are more concentrated together, allowing more natural areas to survive. But still, virtually half of the present "Meadows" is given over to recreation and buildings — 12 artificial-turf soccer fields, four baseball diamonds, tennis courts, basket ball courts, a playground, and automobile parking. In my opinion, it is still too much. For one thing, I would suggest removing three of the soccer fields from the central "The Fields" area and slightly relocating the basketball courts in order to preserve that area for meadows.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2022, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaNerd View Post
Reading the IG comments why do people think this project is that bad? The building being too tall? I think it's fine?
It is a pretty tall building for that block of 2-story rowhomes. That said, I don’t mind it. Adding density in Kensington is going to help attract and sustain more commercial so I’m for it.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2022, 7:45 PM
Chris

For those who don't know, I am from the Philadelphia area, lived in Philadelphia a while, but have since moved to NYC. I am down often for work, but don't have much time to explore. But my boyfriend and I spent this weekend in Philadelphia! We stayed at The W, and made a point to walk all corners of Center City, and then made our way to Fishtown / Northern Liberties. We also ate and drank very well

We had a fantastic time! The city was bustling, lots of people out and about (many of them tourists), and restaurants, bars, stores, etc., were all busy. The hotel was packed, and the amount of construction in Center City and especially Fishtown / Northern Liberties was really impressive. It made me miss Philadelphia a lot.

A few other points...

1. I still think parts of Center City need more street level beautification, notably new sidewalks and landscaping improvements, and also more trashcans.

2. There were some drugged out homeless people in certain areas, but nowhere near as bad as the West Coast.

3. We were woken up by insane dirt bike & ATV revving around ~2am.

Last edited by PHLtoNYC; Aug 21, 2022 at 8:06 PM.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2022, 10:15 PM

^^^I was up in Northern Liberties a few weeks ago and was gonna mention this. It really is hipster Mecca with an insane amount of capital and investment going into it. I lived in both LA and NYC. NoLibs/Fishtown/Kensington honestly feels trendier and has more momentum than Silver Lake/Los Feliz or Williamsburg. It’s beginning to have its own central downtown nucleus around Germantown Ave and 2nd which the other places sort of lack.

I hadn’t been up there for awhile and was really in awe of how much development there is.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2022, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
For those who don't know, I am from the Philadelphia area, lived in Philadelphia a while, but have since moved to NYC. I am down often for work, but don't have much time to explore. But my boyfriend and I spent this weekend in Philadelphia! We stayed at The W, and made a point to walk all corners of Center City, and then made our way to Fishtown / Northern Liberties. We also ate and drank very well

We had a fantastic time! The city was bustling, lots of people out and about (many of them tourists), and restaurants, bars, stores, etc., were all busy. The hotel was packed, and the amount of construction in Center City and especially Fishtown / Northern Liberties was really impressive. It made me miss Philadelphia a lot.

A few other points...

1. I still think parts of Center City need more street level beautification, notably new sidewalks and landscaping improvements, and also more trashcans.

2. There were some drugged out homeless people in certain areas, but nowhere near as bad as the West Coast.

3. We were woken up by insane dirt bike & ATV revving around ~2am.
The other corridor that is booming (in particular) is N American Street. Tons of new development, it's for the most part very well designed, and because American Street had a beautification project a few years back, ahem...no power lines.

Edit to note: There isn't much commercial yet but it will come.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2022, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
The other corridor that is booming (in particular) is N American Street. Tons of new development, it's for the most part very well designed, and because American Street had a beautification project a few years back, ahem...no power lines.

Edit to note: There isn't much commercial yet but it will come.
They really did a great job with American. Wish they would have put a few traffic circles in though to get rid of the intersections.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2022, 4:33 PM

Bluestone Lane is expanding in Center City again, taking over the old Saxbys space in Three Logan Square.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development