HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 3:26 AM

just got back from a few days tagging along with my husband, in town for a conference. your city has impressed me - the quality of urbanism, the pedestrian activity, the general expanse of it all. i hate to say it but i think nashville has a better urban core than my own town does, at least downtown, if not downtown+midtown both. loved the riverfront as well, we stayed in the banner lofts off 3rd and found ourselves walking down to the grassy areas along the river multiple times a day with our 3 pups. we'll be back with some friends and no dogs soon to explore more.

some pics shot on an iphone 13:

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 11:49 AM

From you profile it looks as if you are from Atlanta. High marks and thank you. We still have a long way to go. We don't have the height that Atlanta does and the connectivity between downtown and midtown is a little less desirable than I like to see.
The best place to get from DT to MT is along Division Street where the bridge goes over the interstate vs where you actually have to cross the intestate ramps by foot. I live here and dislike doing that myself.

The pedestrian activity is off the charts for a city the size of Nashville due to the tourism factor. In Vegas and NoLa it is either the strip or Bourbon Street at night. Here it is throughout downtown and midtown day and night as there are several districts, and more are on the way with the creation of Nashville Yards, Neuhoff District in Germantown, and whatever happens on the East Bank. That is a wild card because there is so much land to be developed there, it will be like a whole new city.

Glad you enjoyed your time here. Lots of nooks and crannies to explore.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 5:16 AM

It’s been quiet here but the momentum continues in Nashville.

Albion Residential Unveils 832-Unit Dual Tower Development In Midtown Nashville

Quote:
Chicago-based developer Albion Residential has just announced Albion Music Row, a dual tower mixed-use development in Midtown Nashville. The project is situated between Demonbreun & McGavock Street and will replace the Beaman Automotive administration building and service lot.

“We are extremely enthusiastic about our vision for Albion Music Row and its potential to deliver more than 830 units and act as an activated residential hub for a redevelopment district primed to become Nashville’s next great urban neighborhood,” said Andrew Yule, Vice President of Development at Albion Residential. “Central to our design is public plaza between our towers featuring approximately 25,000 sf of multi-purpose green space. We envision afternoon concerts and programming that engages residents and the neighborhood as well as just the ability to grab a coffee in our retail space and enjoy a nice sunny day.”

Old Posted Oct 4, 2022, 12:04 PM

I would not say it has been quiet. It is just that they do not get posted here like they should. There have been some things going on. If these stories are not readable they will be after 2 weeks past the publish date. All images courtesy of the Nashville Post.

This project at OneCity is about to break ground
Start nears for One City project | Development | nashvillepost.com

A new 11 story hotel in E. Nashville
11-floor hotel sought for East Nashville site | Development | nashvillepost.com

This project is moving forward with the purchase of the property starting.
Midtown properties eyed for project sell for $9.1M | Development | nashvillepost.com

Four stories added to Gulch tower with a January start date
Start date set, new images released for North Gulch project | Development | nashvillepost.com

A new tower slated for Elliston
Mixed-use tower eyed for Elliston Place | Development | nashvillepost.com

Tony Girratana has a new tower.
Image released for high-rise planned for downtown | Development | nashvillepost.com

Old Posted Oct 12, 2022, 12:14 PM

Three more smaller projects that popped up yesterday.

4th & Elm from CA South. 12 stories/ 176 units/ 132'/ Residential, Retail
Design Architect Rome Office
Architect of Record Reztark Design Studio

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...6997c86d2.html

SECOND AVENUE GATEWAY

438 UNITS/ 11 stories/ 8 STORIES / 518 PARKING tallest portion 145.5
Woodfiled Development
Architect: Housing Studio & Kiser Vogrin Design

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...5e20a7605.html

300 & 404 James Robertson (office to residential)
conversion & new construction
358 residential units plus retail
Developer: Wheelock Street Capital
Architect: R2L
https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...8e3-11ed-8fb0-

Old Posted Oct 12, 2022, 4:42 PM

Image release for three tower project at 1401 Church. I am trying to get this stuff on here as it gets added.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2022, 5:57 PM
DENNAB

Nashville is totally the next Austin. Also the new tallest looks amazing (the rendering in the second to last post). Has that been approved yet?

Old Posted Oct 13, 2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Nashville is totally the next Austin. Also the new tallest looks amazing (the rendering in the second to last post). Has that been approved yet?
It has been approved and preliminary demolition of the YMCA buildings to come down has started.
They have to do work to clear the old YMCA out to the rear of the building in order to demo that. The Demo permits have been applied for the two buildings that will come down. They will come down in two sections.

I spoke to Tony Giarratana the developer and he said if everything is on track construction should start in earnest around the first of the year.

In other news the 570' Ritz will start in the next two months. Final paperwork is being signed now and that has been the delay there. It should start no later than just after the first of the year. With that being said the 610' 800 Lea should start shortly thereafter as it will not start until the Ritz starts. That is from the developer as well.

The 380' Sinclair on West End about 2 miles from the core is about to start as well. It should be starting around December from what I heard last.

The 350' 125 11th North and the Marriott Edition should start right after the first of the year in the Gulch.

The first phase of the Hines project on Broadway is due to start in 2023 as well. The Paseo 3 & 4 are also due to start this coming year.

I know more about other pending announcements that I cannot share as some of these are still fluid and may not happen.

Start dates on other towers are all subject to other conditions. The 2nd & Peabody & Centrum projects are being held up in court by 3 residents of the City Lights Condos trying to stop the projects in court with any and every means they can but will soon find out their lawyer is taking them for a ride to the bank as everything so far has been struck down in court. After that is finished, then those two-three tower projects should start.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2022, 1:53 PM

1401 Church looks like something a Toronto architecture firm would design. Specifically reminiscent of BDP Quadrangle work. I know they are trying to expand into the US - who is the architect for 1401 church? I wonder if it's them.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2022, 1:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
1401 Church looks like something a Toronto architecture firm would design. Specifically reminiscent of BDP Quadrangle work. I know they are trying to expand into the US - who is the architect for 1401 church? I wonder if it's them.

The architect is a local firm Hastings Architecture, but the developer is Bosa Development out of Vancouver, so it makes sense that there would be some Canadian influence in the design.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 7:56 AM

Big news from the Titans and city reaching an agreement on a new, over $2bil stadium adjacent to the current Nissan Stadium site on the East Bank.
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/on...ut-of-the-bill

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 2:07 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

What's the plan for the current Nissan Stadium once the new one is built?
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Affordable housing.
Just kidding, I'm sure they'll implode it.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
The stadium will be imploded and replaced with a new entertainment district, housing, and a large park that opens up to the Cumberland River, along with a new N/S east bank spine road with dedicated bus lanes.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownNashville View Post
The stadium will be imploded and replaced with a new entertainment district, housing, and a large park that opens up to the Cumberland River, along with a new N/S east bank spine road with dedicated bus lanes.
The crazy thing is that the city has no direct control over the public housing in East Nashville immediately east of I-24, which is comical in its low-density. In ten years we're going to have a forest of midrise or even hi-rise residential and hotel towers around the new domed stadium, with unending howls for more affordable housing, but the old brick low-rise public housing will keep taking up a lot of valuable space.

This:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Na...!4d-86.7816016

And this:

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
The crazy thing is that the city has no direct control over the public housing in East Nashville immediately east of I-24, which is comical in its low-density. In ten years we're going to have a forest of midrise or even hi-rise residential and hotel towers around the new domed stadium, with unending howls for more affordable housing, but the old brick low-rise public housing will keep taking up a lot of valuable space.

This:

And this:
Those sections are part of MDHA’s ongoing Envision Cayce project, and will eventually be redeveloped. The portions of the campus that have been redeveloped so far look great.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 6:27 PM

Another week and more announcements.

4th & McCann 20 story 212' residential tower.

14th & Hynes Two tower project 40 story 480' Residential & 35 story 435' Mixed used tower.

Titans reveal preliminary Stadium design.

Titan's stadium and Conceptual Titan' Village

Titan's Stadium

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 7:20 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Really sweet design. $2.1 billion for 55-60,000 seats?!?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 8:57 PM

Interesting stadium design. Has a bit of a corporate look to it, like it could be an office building. What do the locals on here think of the design? Regardless... the amount of momentum Nashville has right now is staggering. Visited for the first time a few years ago and left with a very favorable impression.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2022, 11:08 PM

Why does Nashville need an indoor stadium? Even Buffalo isn’t building and indoor facility.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations