HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 2:58 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaTN View Post
Clearly it's not as difficult as I've made it to be.. I can't even delete the above thread?

Anyway.....here are a few shots I've taken to show some of Nashville's changes. Apologies...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/185666850@N02/
It's tricky with FLICKR.

You have to copy the BBCODE and delete everything up to https: and after .jpg.

There may be an easier way, but I haven't found it.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
An awesome aerial view of the Grand Hyatt Hotel on Broadway from the Nashville Yards web site (video).

It's topped out at 23 floors.

Bumping last post on previous page, so it won't get lost.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 4:07 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaTN View Post
Clearly it's not as difficult as I've made it to be.. I can't even delete the above thread?

Anyway.....here are a few shots I've taken to show some of Nashville's changes. Apologies...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/185666850@N02/
Thanks so much for sharing your work! I love the different and rarely seen angles many of your photos are taken from. I particularly like the one below (hope you don't mind me posting)... it makes it look like an entirely new city is being built!

20191119_203001 by Dave Andrews, on Flickr

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 4:18 PM
Future God

DmaTN, for the record, here's how to post photos from Flickr. It's tricky to figure out at first but relatively simple once you know how. So just click on the photo you want to post, and in the bottom right corner just below the photo will be a star (to favorite it on that site,) a downward arrow (to download if possible,) and a right hand arrow (for links)... you want to click on the right hand arrow which will bring up a box in which you can select a link to share on social media, code to imbed onto a website, or (and this is what you want) the BBC code... so click the BBC code tab, select your photo size from the drop down box, just click the given code text once and it will automatically highlight the whole thing, then it's just a matter of copying and pasting it here.

Like I said, I was extra detailed in the description, but it really is pretty easy once you know what you're doing. It even includes a link to your Flickr page below the photo (see above!)

Anyway, I hope that helped, and I really hope to see more of your work here soon! Thanks again.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Link to a live view of the same angle if anybody's interested:

(8th row, Middle column) https://app.oxblue.com/open/clarkcon...erconstruction

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 1:51 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Thanks so much for sharing your work! I love the different and rarely seen angles many of your photos are taken from. I particularly like the one below (hope you don't mind me posting)... it makes it look like an entirely new city is being built!

20191119_203001 by Dave Andrews, on Flickr
this is insane, looks like the seattle crane-skyline.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 5:18 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
this is insane, looks like the seattle crane-skyline.
And if you pan to the left it's the same story in that direction too. Pretty loony!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 7:20 PM

It's crazy how many cranes you have right now. I'm so jelly.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN/WI View Post
It's crazy how many cranes you have right now. I'm so jelly.
Looking at the forum your contribute mightily to, it seems that Minneapolis is pretty hot right now, also.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 10:41 PM

There are too many hints at this news from several sources that can't be dismissed. So here it is (still not officially announced).

It has been strongly suggested that Amazon is planning to bring in an additional 5,000 employees to Nashville in addition to it's original 5,000 employee committment. It is publicly reported that they have already reserved first options on space in two planned towers adjacent to the current two that are under construction. Here is a link to one of the sources...the money quote is about halfway down.

Quote:
"This is going to become even more critical and even higher priority when the headquarters for Asurion is completed in 2021. That will add 2,500 workers, and the headquarters for Amazon will add another 5,000 workers. And it's rumored that there'll be another 5,000 Amazon workers in short order.

Maybe the Nashville Yards developers will start on the 40 story, 600 ft.+ tower soon.

A recent construction pic...

Last edited by MidTenn1; Nov 27, 2019 at 11:02 PM.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 1:01 AM

Seattle is doing its best to chase Amazon away.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Looking at the forum your contribute mightily to, it seems that Minneapolis is pretty hot right now, also.
Thanks. The thread gets very little action or attention. Even less than OKC. I am glad though we didn't get any of that Amazon stuff. The skyline probably would have changed really nicely but the added competition for housing, increasing prices, added vehicles on the street, increased taxes and a host of other things that go along with such an investment is something I'm not so sure many around here would want. Here we have no shortage of jobs, actually a shortage of workers. Because of that though, pay and benefits are improving.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN/WI View Post
Thanks. The thread gets very little action or attention. Even less than OKC. I am glad though we didn't get any of that Amazon stuff. The skyline probably would have changed really nicely but the added competition for housing, increasing prices, added vehicles on the street, increased taxes and a host of other things that go along with such an investment is something I'm not so sure many around here would want. Here we have no shortage of jobs, actually a shortage of workers. Because of that though, pay and benefits are improving.
Good points. This rapid transition of Nashville's diversified economy into more of a tech or IT economy is a little unsettling as, with regard to the lack of labor supply and living amenities required, the companies and the city may be writing the proverbial checks that can't be cashed.

On the other hand, maybe they know what they are doing. LOL.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2019, 3:55 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Seattle is doing its best to chase Amazon away.

True. Seattle has a large number of lunatics

Old Posted Nov 29, 2019, 3:56 AM

Quote:
A beautiful picture of the Nashville skyline this morning from the Newschannel5 helicopter.

I'm sure this shot will look a lot different in 5 years.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 1:15 AM
Everywhere all at once

I don't know if anyone has seen this but it hasn't yet been posted here! A Tennessean article about the topping out of the Grand Hyatt in mid-November. Below are some excellent and highly specific views of various parts of the city center right abooouuuut NOW. Not to mention the photos of the Grand Hyatt itself that can be found at the link as well. They're big but honestly there's a lot of detail.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/mon...ng/4192136002/

Broadway/Downtown-

SoBro-

The Gulch-

Midtown-

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 1:39 AM

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 11:49 AM

The previous pictures illustrate well the breadth of Nashville's urban growth spreading out as far as 30 blocks away in Midtown. There are four distinct urban neighborhoods in Nashville, each with it's own physical boundaries (Broadway, RR tracks, I-40). But even these boundaries are starting to blur with a contiguous skyline being developed.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Dec 4, 2019 at 12:44 PM.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 4:28 AM

I took a 3~ hour walk around Nashville on Sunday, Dec. 1 and another 3~ hour walk the next day, Dec. 2. It was overcast both days except for a brief period of sunshine on Sunday. There are currently 29 cranes in DT, Gulch, Midtown, and SoBro.

Old convention center redevelopment:

So whoever owns this lot is holding out...not sure that anything big can be built here. Looks like about 50x90 feet, so not really big enough for structured parking.

Not sure why they haven't buried the utilities in this area:

Not sure what the plan is for this small building:

This guy told me that Hot Diggidy dog is going to become something else:

This sculpture is horrible:

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 3:26 PM

A publicly posted document reveals a proposal that would be one of Nashville's largest, (and maybe tallest?) developments ever.

Called 'Circle South' for now, a water sewer permit request reveals plans for a 1,000,000 sf office building, 500 residential units and 20,000 sf of retail. Supposedly renderings will be available later today.

PS: BTW, great photos in the previous post jmeck ^^^

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations