HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 14, 2022, 10:03 PM

Anyone able to find a height for this thing? If I had to guess I would say around the 50m mark?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 4:52 PM

This is low-key a superb development for the area. I like how quietly and quickly it came together. Compare this to Baydo across the river.

Between this and Broadway Baydo, we're going to see more vibrancy in and around the Broadway area. I really hope Prairie Sun can continue to battle it out until these buildings fill up, as I imagine they will have a material impact on their operations.

Does anyone know what happened with that other mid-rise proposed development in the area?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2022, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YXE View Post
This is low-key a superb development for the area. I like how quietly and quickly it came together. Compare this to Baydo across the river.

Between this and Broadway Baydo, we're going to see more vibrancy in and around the Broadway area. I really hope Prairie Sun can continue to battle it out until these buildings fill up, as I imagine they will have a material impact on their operations.

Does anyone know what happened with that other mid-rise proposed development in the area?
If you are referring to the other proposal that is across the alley from the former Extra Foods, from the rumblings I've heard, it sounds like the very earnest local "developers" who proposed that had no intention of building it, they just wanted to get the rezoning done in order to flip the parcels in hopes of someone else building it. So I THINK those sites are for sale now.

EDIT/UPDATE: Yes, that site is for sale for $3.6 million - https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...skatoon-nutana - "...100% ready to be built out or obtained for future opportunities. "

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 5:32 PM

No prices yet (or you must contact), but the floor plans are out, available March 1 they say:
https://www.639main.ca

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
According to this package, height is 57.4 m to the top of the mechanical.

https://pub-saskatoon.escribemeeting...umentId=132442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalreg View Post
Anyone able to find a height for this thing? If I had to guess I would say around the 50m mark?
The above post quoted from page 1 says 57.4m

Old Posted Aug 28, 2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskabusher View Post
No prices yet (or you must contact), but the floor plans are out, available March 1 they say:
https://www.639main.ca
Interesting they are including some trendy amenities.

Dog washing station you can use after taking your dog for a walk.

Co-work space for the residents. That will likely get more use than some of the other amenities rooms in older buildings.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2022, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
The above post quoted from page 1 says 57.4m
Thanks.

I swear I was looking for it before I asked but must have missed it.

So at 57.4 this is #17 on the tallest list for Saskatoon then just behind the Bessborough.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2022, 3:39 PM

Update! I can finally see this on 11th street by Circle Drive. Is this going to be taller than the other towers on Broadway?

Old Posted Sep 3, 2022, 5:49 PM
Peddling to progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianDriverYXE View Post
Update! I can finally see this on 11th street by Circle Drive. Is this going to be taller than the other towers on Broadway?
Thanks for the photos! Truly doing the lord's work

It's difficult to know how tall each story is, but if the building is truly 15 stories it should be comparable to Baydo (10 flrs), 611 University Dr (12 flrs), Victoria Place Apartments (13 flrs), and 717 Victoria (13 flrs).

My counts could be off, but this may be the tallest building in Nutana when complete

Old Posted Sep 20, 2022, 6:35 AM

Did this top out? I can't tell from here...

Old Posted Sep 20, 2022, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskabusher View Post
Did this top out? I can't tell from here...
I was looking at it on the weekend and it appears that it is at either the 14th or 15th floor. So if it didn't, it will soon.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2022, 2:52 PM
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfgh View Post
I was looking at it on the weekend and it appears that it is at either the 14th or 15th floor. So if it didn't, it will soon.
I counted 10 residential floors above the parkade in the renderings, which is what it's at now. Does it count as topped out at this point, or would that happen when/if a utility room/staircase access is built on the roof?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2022, 7:57 PM

Update! looking from 11th street west it seems to be the same height as Baydo on Broadway as of now. Hoping we get one or more floors on this project to make it stand out.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 9:23 AM

This density is so exciting alongside the new neighbors at Baydo, but also how this project and Baydo brought on a massive new amount of retail footprint+ traffic to the area to finally reach a visual look of more density to the square area. Both projects removed either gravel parking lots or commercial that wasn’t contributing to the attractive theme of broadway.

The broadway street festival a few weeks back that came back into full bloom for the first time in almost three years re-reminded me how broadway is one of my favourite parts of Canada. Boy it was packed again - so good to see it all back in action.

My next evil hope for enhanced density is to now tear down that old retail in the photo lol - tear down seszhuan kitchen and nutters (or whatever it is - went inside once and the prices were mad). No hard feelings for the two - but we need some more density and less parking at that corner! A retail base+commercial+condo would be really nice there. I used to live a block away and although infrequent, do miss how RBC was right there.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2022, 7:50 PM
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
This density is so exciting alongside the new neighbors at Baydo, but also how this project and Baydo brought on a massive new amount of retail footprint+ traffic to the area to finally reach a visual look of more density to the square area. Both projects removed either gravel parking lots or commercial that wasn’t contributing to the attractive theme of broadway.

The broadway street festival a few weeks back that came back into full bloom for the first time in almost three years re-reminded me how broadway is one of my favourite parts of Canada. Boy it was packed again - so good to see it all back in action.

My next evil hope for enhanced density is to now tear down that old retail in the photo lol - tear down seszhuan kitchen and nutters (or whatever it is - went inside once and the prices were mad). No hard feelings for the two - but we need some more density and less parking at that corner! A retail base+commercial+condo would be really nice there. I used to live a block away and although infrequent, do miss how RBC was right there.
Ditto on the excitement around Broadway these days, but the next neighbourhood redevelopment site ought to be the derelict former ExtraFoods (which, I may add, is on the same intersection, and currently listed for sale for mixed use redevelopment), and not a busy if boring strip mall.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2022, 9:50 PM

Construction Update.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2022, 10:44 PM
I am the law!

Height is actually 47.4 metres ( 57.42-10 ) as per the elevation drawings. Ground ain't 0.0

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 1:55 AM

Such a big fan of this project. The city needs more of this. Can't wait to see what is ultimately done with the former Extra Foods location. My expectation is that we'll see another mixed-used mid-rise.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 5:11 AM
Unregistered User

Quote:
Such a big fan of this project. The city needs more of this. Can't wait to see what is ultimately done with the former Extra Foods location. My expectation is that we'll see another mixed-used mid-rise.
Still holding out hope for the second coming of Highpoint

Old Posted Oct 18, 2022, 11:17 PM

Quote:
the lot is up for sale as a mixed use. I'm hoping it'll be a development like Baydo next door or something close.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan