HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 4:29 PM

Tree City of the World,” the City of Regina is giving away 1,000 seedlings on Wednesday.
https://leaderpost.com/news/local-ne...ld-designation
This is everything

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mayor View Post
Tree City of the World,” the City of Regina is giving away 1,000 seedlings on Wednesday.
https://leaderpost.com/news/local-ne...ld-designation
This is everything
Great idea for sure. Good selection of tree types. I wish once in a while they would consider doing some of these on a weekend. They complain that the downtown isn't active outside of the work week and yet continue to hold these events as noon hour activities during the work day. Way to reinforce the work day is the only time downtown matters.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2023, 10:35 PM

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2223919171766
Been flooding since 1912 , there so dumb it should of been fixed decades ago

Why Regina's underpasses often flood when it rains

Old Posted Jun 8, 2023, 3:27 AM

I see of our active most member was banned I was wondering what happened to him

Last edited by The mayor; Jun 8, 2023 at 1:51 PM.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2023, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mayor View Post
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2223919171766
Been flooding since 1912 , there so dumb it should of been fixed decades ago

Why Regina's underpasses often flood when it rains
20+ years ago they said they fixed it with a new pumping station. It seemed to work for a while. You can see the pump building on the SW side.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2023, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecho111 View Post
Starts at the museum entrance.
Is this part of the Crosstown Bike Route?

Old Posted Jun 8, 2023, 5:44 PM

Pump building on far left

Old Posted Jun 8, 2023, 7:29 PM
Chilean like a villian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Pump building on far left

As is the case with many things in the world. You can't fix stupid. Anyone who lives in the city and doesn't know that the underpass flood as soon as there is a downpour is just plain stupid IMHO (exception for out-of-towners)

Old Posted Jun 8, 2023, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yveseluj View Post
Is this part of the Crosstown Bike Route?
I don't think so, even though the project was supposed to continue this year after a pause to evaluate the first phase. It would make sense to continue on 14th. The 4 turn zig-zag east of Elphinstone is a bit annoying (just need to knock down 2 houses).

I've been riding 14th from Pasqua to Arcola eastbound quite a bit the past few years and it's a pretty decent route. Just before Arcola I head south on Harvey / Abbot to Mullin and ride over to the Arcola pathway. If it's not busy I sometimes cross Arcola and work my way over to Arens Road to go east.

They really need to add a 4 way stop at 14th and Winnipeg as the visibility is horrible there trying to cross.

edit: I just took another look at the page and it said phase 2 may go "at least as far as Lorne". So maybe the plan IS to have cyclists detour 2 blocks south and cross one of the shittiest roads to cross by bike to continue their journey. If they extend the path further next year I can't see it going any further east than Winnipeg as College gets very narrow after that. So it would probably transition to 17th Ave. I still think 14th is the better option.

Last edited by gecho111; Jun 8, 2023 at 9:08 PM.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2023, 3:10 AM

A pair of large slip form concrete silos out at the Cargill canola plant went up since the last time I was past there.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2023, 9:38 PM

I believe those silos are about 14 stories there is also four shorter one being built , the GTH is the most active construction site in Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 10, 2023, 11:36 PM

I haven't heard much about the Viterra crushing plant lately. I googled some info last night. The Cargill plant is supposed to process 1 million tonnes a year, and the Viterra plant 2.5x as much. Original news releases for Viterra indicated it was supposed to start production late next year, but expect that target has slipped.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2023, 8:58 PM

Pinkie Road rebuild tender was reposted on Friday. One difference I noticed from the previous tender (I still had a copy) is the addition of an Appendix for a Cultural Artifact Response plan in case artifacts or remains are uncovered. It seems the work will be done this year. Contract to be finalized by July 31, and document mentions of "substantial performance" by November 30 2023.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2023, 6:06 PM

Anyone know whats going on at the vacant site between PTI and former sears building on park street. It's a huge site and there moving earth around all over it. A PTI expansion perhaps? Eagle builders sign facing ring road

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 5:15 AM

A pair of new neighborhood postings on the city's proposed development page. 100 pages on Somerset (north of Uplands) and a small change to Coopertown phase 1.
https://www.regina.ca/business-devel...ent/index.html

Somerset where your neighbors are a refinery, steel mill and Canada's largest canola crushing plant.

pg 12 shows the size of the crushing plant and its rail loop.

And possibly a business park in the Evraz buffer zone. If the ring road rail lines are relocated the lower rail line will likely be removed and traffic shifted to the new one heading toward the Viterra plant. Simply building the crushing plant will include building a good chunk the rail that will be required for relocation of CP's line.

Last edited by gecho111; Jun 13, 2023 at 5:37 AM.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougler306 View Post
Anyone know whats going on at the vacant site between PTI and former sears building on park street. It's a huge site and there moving earth around all over it. A PTI expansion perhaps? Eagle builders sign facing ring road
It seems like underground infrastructure.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 3:27 PM

Quote:
gecho111;9967561]A pair of new neighborhood postings on the city's proposed development page. 100 pages on Somerset (north of Uplands) and a small change to Coopertown phase 1.
https://www.regina.ca/business-devel...ent/index.html

Somerset where your neighbors are a refinery, steel mill and Canada's largest canola crushing plant.

pg 12 shows the size of the crushing plant and its rail loop.

And possibly a business park in the Evraz buffer zone. If the ring road rail lines are relocated the lower rail line will likely be removed and traffic shifted to the new one heading toward the Viterra plant. Simply building the crushing plant will include building a good chunk the rail that will be required for relocation of CP's line.
I can't imagine the noise around there. Trains 24 hours per day. Railcars banging. Highways 6 and 11. Also traditionally crush plants are smelly.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 4:11 PM

Quote:
I haven't heard much about the Viterra crushing plant lately. I googled some info last night. The Cargill plant is supposed to process 1 million tonnes a year, and the Viterra plant 2.5x as much. Original news releases for Viterra indicated it was supposed to start production late next year, but expect that target has slipped.
Viterra is in the middle of a merger with Bunge. So that might hold up progress on the Regina plant until all the competition board stuff is done

Old Posted Jun 13, 2023, 4:17 PM

Quote:
A pair of large slip form concrete silos out at the Cargill canola plant went up since the last time I was past there.

Regina's latest twin towers!

Old Posted Jun 14, 2023, 12:23 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan