HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Feb 19, 2023, 11:02 PM
DENNAB

Those renderings are so epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysonbrown View Post
Been talking about this for years. Just build the damned thing already.
These types of developments take time...

While I'm somewhat optimistic realistically I won't get too excited until I see cranes.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2023, 12:57 AM

DUDE! As always superb work Xing Lin!

Old Posted Feb 23, 2023, 8:47 PM
New Yorker for life

From the Real Deal, a look at the future office pipeline. Some of these projects are mixed-use (with hotel or residential). So the numbers only show office and retail ammounts.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2023, 2:11 AM
New Yorker for life

Not the current version, but still great to look at...

From Microscape...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CplRzTAtwk3/

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2023, 4:24 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

everybody sing --

no thanks for the memoriessss --

lex side of the hyatt from yesterday --

Old Posted Mar 11, 2023, 4:28 PM

Wow, I never thought the Chrysler Building would look...tiny!

Old Posted Mar 12, 2023, 4:05 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris1789 View Post
As There’s no word about this lousy hotel closing, I hope that this project does not get delayed.
I thought it was supposed to close this year, then demo would commence.

Unless I'm of course mistaken...

Old Posted Mar 12, 2023, 12:42 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ as of this past summer you couldn’t book any rooms past this feb/mar for awhile, but as of now its wide open and you can reserve rooms well into next year. so … we’ll see.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2023, 7:06 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
^ as of this past summer you couldn’t book any rooms past this feb/mar for awhile, but as of now its wide open and you can reserve rooms well into next year. so … we’ll see.
Yikes, that's no good.

People take this project for granted but I'm not getting my hopes too high for anything anymore these days.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 1:26 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Yikes, that's no good.

People take this project for granted but I'm not getting my hopes too high for anything anymore these days.

Oh boy. I think some of you find reasons to worry about nothing. This building is getting built, for several reasons. Because you don't know the exact closing date for the hotel means nothing. They've never given an exact closing date. The hotel itself has never been fully reopened, and only reopened after a mandate by the city. So please sit down, and relax. You're not going to get news about everything until there is some.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Yikes, that's no good.

Exactly I agree. I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I believe the building will be built but they could height cut, change design, any number of things.... so many things can happen between now and the commencement of the foundation.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2023, 1:22 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscaper View Post
Exactly I agree. I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I believe the building will be built but they could height cut, change design, any number of things.... so many things can happen between now and the commencement of the foundation.
All false reasons to be concerned about. For one thing, Hyatt no longer has the lease on the site, so the days of its operations are numbered one way or another. The good news is that approval was granted for the new hotel, with the extended stay option, as well as an all office option. If you are concerned about tenant signings, then you clearly haven’t been paying attention. As far as the possibility of “many” things that could happen, I would agree. A meteor could strike the earth, and wipe us out. An errant missle could clear the entire skyline. An earthquake could reduce the city to rubble, leaving it inhabitable. Do I think its worth enough concern? Absolutely not.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2023, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
All false reasons to be concerned about. For one thing, Hyatt no longer has the lease on the site, so the days of its operations are numbered one way or another. The good news is that approval was granted for the new hotel, with the extended stay option, as well as an all office option. If you are concerned about tenant signings, then you clearly haven’t been paying attention. As far as the possibility of “many” things that could happen, I would agree. A meteor could strike the earth, and wipe us out. An errant missle could clear the entire skyline. An earthquake could reduce the city to rubble, leaving it inhabitable. Do I think its worth enough concern? Absolutely not.
I didn't give my reasons to be concerned so how can you deem them all false lol

Old Posted Mar 15, 2023, 11:50 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I'm still somewhat optimistic given the location but I don't blame people for being skeptical.

A 1,500+ foot tower is a long shot anywhere in the world, even in NYC. Not impossible, but a long shot nonetheless.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 1:10 PM

^ Let me add that there are two kinds of skepticism concerning this project:

1) whether the final height will be 1,575 ft, and

2) whether the current hotel will be replaced at all.

I agree with NYguy's last two comments regarding skepticism #2, but #1 is understandable since we keep seeing renderings and models showing a building that's just a little taller than One Vandy. Still a magnificent building, but potentially closer to 1,475 ft than to 1,575 ft.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 2:35 PM

^You have to keep in mind that 1 Vandy is on higher ground itself

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 5:19 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post

I agree with NYguy's last two comments regarding skepticism #2, but #1 is understandable since we keep seeing renderings and models showing a building that's just a little taller than One Vandy. Still a magnificent building, but potentially closer to 1,475 ft than to 1,575 ft.
There was a cutaway a ways back that showed ~1,490 to a solid roof and ~,1565 to the parapet. So hopefully they'll take advantage of the full envelope.

Obviously it's also all subject to change.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2023, 9:53 PM
"Think about the Future"

Thumbs up

Location, location, location..

You don't pick SOM (Skidmore, Owings & Merrill) to build a cheap blue-glass box on the corner of Park Ave to skimp out later. They go big & grand and are not cheap to contract. SOM has designed some of the most expensive megaprojects on earth including the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, Sears (Willis) & John Hancock Towers in Chicago and 1WTC in NYC.

Even if shortened in the future by 50 meters it will still be as tall as Vanderbilt & Fosters 270 Park and look less overwhelming (scale) next fo the Chrysler Building. The beauty of this tower is the crown and the base which integrates into Grand Central Station.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 5:48 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post

Yes, we've seen multiple renderings, each from varying times. But getting beyond the fact that we've been told basically what the height will be, I do hope that people understand that renderings are just that, renderings. Obviously it could shift a few feet here and there before construction. But they're giving a definitive height at this time, no reason to expect otherwise.

https://rxr.com/assets/general/esg/2..._ESGReport.pdf

As far as tenant signings, it's the most desirable office district in the entire city, with no major new office space potentially coming online (350 Park will have some space to lease if they don't take it all. But even then, most likely the smaller floors. We know 343 Madison won't have large floors, and it's not as if JP Morgan Chase will share any of its space. Following on the heels of One Vanderbilt, in both location and quality, this is the next big thing.

Quote:
https://commercialobserver.com/2022/10/rxr-rechler/

OCTOBER 25, 2022

Are you in talks with any potential tenants yet?

We are, and we don’t even deliver it until 2029! When you think about companies that want to be in New York or who are already here today and are looking for the home of their future, there’s been a lot of interest from those tenants in 175 — and we’re talking to some interested in taking 1 million-plus square feet. But I can’t say who they are, for now.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/29/why-ny...ice-space/amp/

October 29, 2022

TF Cornerstone is planning a jumbo 2 million-square-foot tower at 175 Park Ave. with offices and a Hyatt brand hotel. Brokers say Blackstone is contemplating 1 million square feet of its glass and steel space.

I don't know who the tenant will be, but there will definitely be one. I've seen enough to know that.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 8:21 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperPower View Post

This is just an EPIC, E-P-I-C base.... gives the street so much dynamism and texture, truly creates an impression. Many times towers flop the base (like Ghery's Beekman tower, or 1 WTC) this is pretty much perfection in terms of a positive addition to the streetscape of what is already a legendary street in NYC.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals