HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Sep 11, 2021, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takascar View Post
FYI - Orleans is two-way up to WPP - but your other points are correct. The traffic in that area is already bad and will get worse.
Good, traffic should be utter unbearable downtown forcing people to walk or bike as much as possible...

Reddit.com/r/REbubble

Old Posted Sep 11, 2021, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewbs View Post
Photo from this morning from the 41st floor of 300 N. Lasalle
Glass looking good. Color nicely echoes 333 Wacker across the confluence

Old Posted Sep 12, 2021, 5:41 PM

I asked a guy on site that works for the curtainwall company.. apparently they can't clad the NE corner yet because they are using floors 5-7 to bring in large equipment so they are leaving it open. They could start cladding on floor 8 but due to the design of the system it would be difficult to go back and install the lower floors after the fact.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2021, 4:06 AM
Chicago

September 14, 2021

Old Posted Sep 17, 2021, 6:15 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Wayyyy to early to say something like this. This picture doesn't even show any facade that's not being shadowed.

The details are just as intense as the other buildings in this complex which turned out above average. Also, the glass is definitely looking more clear-green in that photo than reflective blue that everyone constantly frets about...

So I agree with you that it's too early. However, after taking a close look earlier in the week, I would say that thus far I'm underwhelmed vs my prior expectations, which were definitely high (and still all for the project as a whole). My preference is for something closer to a 300 N LaSalle facade in terms of articulation, transparency v reflectivity, lightness, color. At least at this stage, what we're getting appears to my eyes anyway to be somewhat closer to some of the darker, bluer, more reflective facades of more recent towers. We shall see.

A question I have for some of the real experts on this stuff here: Could 300 N LaSalle be built as-is today in terms of its curtain wall? There's a new energy code since then, no? Would it comply? This may be a lot of the issue - working around the new code to attempt to produce something as aesthetically appealing. If that's the case, hopefully there are workable solutions. I'm really just spitballing, but others will know.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 1:24 AM

Remember many of the facade details on the first two Wolf Point towers have been added after the glass was installed. I don't know what you call it, but the fins, muttons, mullions, whatever they are, seem to snap onto these curtainwalls after the fact. Like those slick little horizontal rods on WPW, looking forward to something like that being added before completion.

Reddit.com/r/REbubble

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 7:11 AM

Two of the things I like very much about the entire WP development are:
1) that the three towers extend their massing straight up from ground level without visible podiums (yes the small amenity structure at WPW has two sides visible but it is relatively innocuous.)
2) that all three towers reach the edge of their respective placements. WPW fronts directly at the river adding to the canyon effect on that side.WPE creates a street wall along Wolf Point Plaza and meets the corner at N. Orleans street. And lastly WPS extends out to the end of the point.
This helps the surrounding urban fabric and is much better than if the towers were set back towards the middle. Maybe the 'view corredor' rights of the Apparel Mart played a role but that is all the better imo.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 8:21 PM

https://chicagoyimby.com/2021/09/sal...ver-north.html

So I seen an article on the sales force tower on Chicago yimby posted above. They showed the visuals in the article. After seeing the pictures the sales force tower looks a lil bit taller. But the article also says 8-9 floors was added , adding a 100 feet. I didn’t hear anything about this.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelacey45 View Post
https://chicagoyimby.com/2021/09/sal...ver-north.html

So I seen an article on the sales force tower on Chicago yimby posted above. They showed the visuals in the article. After seeing the pictures the sales force tower looks a lil bit taller. But the article also says 8-9 floors was added , adding a 100 feet. I didn’t hear anything about this.
Just read the article - I think you might be misinterpreting what they say. The article states: "Since July, the superstructure has added another eight or so floors, along with roughly 100 feet of height." By that I think it just means, that 8 floors have been built since July. The article also states that the height of the building will stand at 813 ft.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 9:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohcatoah View Post
Just read the article - I think you might be misinterpreting what they say. The article states: "Since July, the superstructure has added another eight or so floors, along with roughly 100 feet of height." By that I think it just means, that 8 floors have been built since July. The article also states that the height of the building will stand at 813 ft.
I seen that but I also thought the official height was 835 ft

Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelacey45 View Post
I seen that but I also thought the official height was 835 ft
Official height is 835' but it is 813' from city datum as height is measured from the riverwalk which is 22' below city datum.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 10:42 PM

It looks like they are working on a double height floor right now. Mechanical or amenity?

Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsburghPA View Post
It looks like they are working on a double height floor right now. Mechanical or amenity?
Mechanical I believe

Old Posted Sep 24, 2021, 11:43 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I believe that's Salesforce in the background.

Credit: Korolova - Live @ Chicago, USA, 4K / Melodic Techno & Progressive House Mix

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I believe that's Salesforce in the background.

[IMG]
Credit: Korolova - Live @ Chicago, USA, 4K / Melodic Techno & Progressive House Mix
Amazing views from the West Loop as you get a little distance to the skyline. Thanks for sharing!

Anyone know where this was filmed? Thought it was Soho but it's north of Randolph...

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 2:17 AM
Rust Belt Motherland

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post
Amazing views from the West Loop as you get a little distance to the skyline. Thanks for sharing!

Anyone know where this was filmed? Thought it was Soho but it's north of Randolph...
Looks like Industrious Fulton Market (171 N Aberdeen Street)
And it doesn't look like she's really mixing anything live unless I'm just being ignorant. The shots of the city are nice though.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 1:41 PM
The City

Wow, love that video Chris. That DJ’s got some good beats going on

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 5:28 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippenstein View Post
Looks like Industrious Fulton Market (171 N Aberdeen Street)
And it doesn't look like she's really mixing anything live unless I'm just being ignorant. The shots of the city are nice though.
Oh She is real. Nice exposure, Ukranian. She's a media influencer > 150,000 followers. When she was here She headlined a program at Navy Pier, Chicago Yach t& Pier Party Aug 21st.

https://www.instagram.com/korolova.dj/?hl=en

Want to see some awesome pics? Check that link.

Last edited by bnk; Sep 25, 2021 at 5:53 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk View Post
Oh She is real. Nice exposure, Ukranian. She's a media influencer > 150,000 followers. When she was here She headlined a program at Navy Pier, Chicago Yach t& Pier Party Aug 21st.

https://www.instagram.com/korolova.dj/?hl=en

Want to see some awesome pics? Check that link.
Chicago being more Instagrammable is fine by me.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2021, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post

That's where I stayed this Summer!

It is indeed 171 N. Aberdeen. The building is mixed use with the bottom slab containing mixed use (including Industrious). The middle-top portion are "co-living" apartments (or whatever the hell you want to call them these days). I stayed in a furnished studio. Apt. mgmnt was shit, but the building was fun to stay in for a few months. Great parties, and a really good rooftop (as shown).

Also - You get great views of buildings going up. I missed out on Salesforce since it didn't start rising above everything until I left.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive