HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 4:58 PM

A look at Hotel Zachary, Plaza, and Office developments (from Friday).

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 5:36 PM

Nick, I'm surprised you got the OK to fly that day. There must have been 30 helicopters in the sky that day. But b-e-a-utiful shot either way. Amazing to think what that picture will look like in a couple years. 1908 to 2016 comparison photos anybody?!?!

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWILLSKYLINE View Post
Nick, I'm surprised you got the OK to fly that day. There must have been 30 helicopters in the sky that day. But b-e-a-utiful shot either way. Amazing to think what that picture will look like in a couple years. 1908 to 2016 comparison photos anybody?!?!
It was pretty harrowing, ha. But were no flight restrictions. At peak, there were 13 aircraft circling Grant Park during the rally (10 helicopters and 3 airplanes - 2 dragging banners). Our pilot was basically keeping his eyes to the sky while we shot. It was nuts. Not the ideal situation since it's harder to get exactly where you want to be to set-up a shot, but definitely a unique way to see the celebration.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 12:20 AM

vexxed82 do you have any photos of the rally in Grant Park to share? Thanks for all of your great photos!

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PRUROCKS! View Post
vexxed82 do you have any photos of the rally in Grant Park to share? Thanks for all of your great photos!
There's a bunch here

Bummed I missed the actual parade. Did two short flights: One to get Wrigley before they left, then a second around noon for the parade/rally, but since they left so late, I thought they'd get to Grant Park a little later than they did.

Crowds were huge, but a little surprised there was as much empty space as there was in Hutchinson Filed. Sort of hoped it would be packed to the gills - along with the pavers around Buckingham Fountain, ha.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 2:42 AM

That photo group is sick nick.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 1:29 AM

Awesome photos Nick, thanks!

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 5:13 PM

Quote:
That photo group is sick nick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PRUROCKS! View Post
Awesome photos Nick, thanks!
Thanks, all!

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 9:58 PM

Latest on 1060 Project courtesy of Wrigley Aerials

The exterior is taking shape on the Cubs' new offices next to Wrigley

Seats out, scaffolding up behind home plate to make way for American Airlines 1914 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBass View Post

Club also unveiled plans for the American Airlines 1914 Club is scheduled to open for the 2018 season underneath the club box seating bowl between the home and visiting dugouts.

Bricks carefully coming off the right field wall. My guess prep work for visiting clubhouse next offseason?

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 6:46 PM

Quote:
The biggest change fans will notice in 2017 will involve the bullpens. Among the projects on schedule this offseason are relocating the home and visiting bullpens to underneath the bleachers and creating a new seating area where the bullpens were located along the left- and right-field foul lines. A new batting tunnel also will be built for the visiting team to use, which will be closer to their clubhouse.

The other offseason projects at Wrigley include partial facade restoration on Addison Street, structural improvements in right field, replacing terrace reserved seats and replacing some seats behind home plate.

Quote:
This offseason, crews will begin concession improvements near Gate F and will begin the American Airlines 1914 Club. Work on those two projects will continue through the 2017 season. The American Airlines 1914 Club, which will be located underneath the club box seating bowl between the home and visiting dugouts, is expected to be completed by Opening Day 2018. The club will give fans with tickets in that area a place to go before and during games for upgraded food and beverage options, plus it will provide private restrooms. (Carrie Muskat)
h/t Wrigley Aerials

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 7:05 PM

they sure do love knocking down and rebuilding walls

Old Posted Dec 1, 2016, 11:48 PM

Was that all just wasted space (crawl space) beneath the risers? It's been interesting how they've gained space throughout this project by building underground.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2016, 8:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBass View Post
I need to know where the bullpen is? Is that near scoreboard, am I right? Can you please try to take a pictures of the bullpens. Can you please post it for me?

Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 2:08 PM
BANNED

A Lucky Strike bowling alley and a movie theater, Cinemex, are heading for the Addison and Clark development, just south of Wrigley Field. So sluggers will soon have some competition if you want to work off a day-game buzz!

Trib article:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...205-story.html

Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
Was that all just wasted space (crawl space) beneath the risers? It's been interesting how they've gained space throughout this project by building underground.
Yeah, all walkway and storage space down there before the renovation. I snuck down for a "private" tour one time. It's kind of cool how similar design was to Fenway back in the day along with the old ballparks that are no longer standing. Hate to see it leave, but glad to see it go.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 6:27 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
A Lucky Strike bowling alley and a movie theater, Cinemex, are heading for the Addison and Clark development, just south of Wrigley Field. So sluggers will soon have some competition if you want to work off a day-game buzz!

Trib article:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...205-story.html
Ugh, what a disaster.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 6:36 PM

Why is that a disaster? Oh no! Now we will have even more entertainment options all concentrated in one place! It's almost as if the entertainment district around Wrigley Field is growing even larger. Oh the horror! We wouldn't want vibrant, dense, uses anywhere in our city now would we?

I love how everyone is always quick to gripe about how Chicago needs more vibrant retail and nightlife districts and call for the creation of a new "times square" downtown, but then when one is organically appearing before our eyes it's a "disaster". Not buying it. I will probably never go here, but the Chads and Trixies are going to dig it and that's just fine.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 7:25 PM

^^^One person doesn't speak for the rest of us. Didn't we just have this conversation like 4 months ago in this same forum. Those type of attractions... movie theater, bowling, and what not are going to add so much positive to that area, I couldnt see how it's an argument. It's not like their tearing down the entire bar district if that's your thing. Whats the negative? Still need add a virtual golf range where sluggers is.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude91 View Post
Ugh, what a disaster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Why is that a disaster? Oh no! Now we will have even more entertainment options all concentrated in one place! It's almost as if the entertainment district around Wrigley Field is growing even larger. Oh the horror! We wouldn't want vibrant, dense, uses anywhere in our city now would we?

I love how everyone is always quick to gripe about how Chicago needs more vibrant retail and nightlife districts and call for the creation of a new "times square" downtown, but then when one is organically appearing before our eyes it's a "disaster". Not buying it. I will probably never go here, but the Chads and Trixies are going to dig it and that's just fine.
Quote:
^^^One person doesn't speak for the rest of us. Didn't we just have this conversation like 4 months ago in this same forum. Those type of attractions... movie theater, bowling, and what not are going to add so much positive to that area, I couldnt see how it's an argument. It's not like their tearing down the entire bar district if that's your thing. Whats the negative? Still need add a virtual golf range where sluggers is.
Yeah, not following why it is a disaster to have a movie theater and a bowling alley there.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2016, 7:50 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Yeah, not following why it is a disaster to have a movie theater and a bowling alley there.
I think the building is ugly but that horse is already dead.

I'm just sick of national chains taking over lakeview. I'm all for dense development near Wrigley, but I just feel this is a huge missed opportunity. Additionally, there has been an uptick in crime along the Sourhpirt corridor over the past year (several shootings), where I live, and I just feel Lucky Strike and movie theatres bring an element of crime

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development