HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 7:58 PM
你的媽媽

LOS ANGELES | 1111 Sunset Blvd | 572 + 408 + 211 FT | 49 + 30 + 17 FLOORS

Specs:
- Three buildings: one at 572 FT | 49 FLOORS and one at 408 FT | 30 FLOORS and one at 211 FT | 17 FLOORS
- 737 units (76 of the units will be BMR)
- 180 room hotel
- 48,000 sq ft of office space
- 95,000 sq ft of retail
- Parking for 900 cars

Quote:
L.A. City Council signs off on 1111 Sunset
New high-rise project at former MWD campus clears final hurdle
JUNE 30, 2022, 8:30AM STEVEN SHARP

Plans for a landmark high-rise development just north of Downtown have secured a final approval from the Los Angeles City Council.

Earlier this week, the Council voted to approve a building line removal for a proposed high-rise, mixed-use complex at the former home of the Metropolitan Water District, clearing the final administrative hurdle for the project. The 1111 Sunset development, named for its address, calls for redeveloping the six-acre site with approximately 1 million square feet of housing, office space, retail uses, and a new hotel. Palisades, the developer behind the project, has proposed a series of high-rise and low-rise buildings featuring up to 737 residential units (76 which would be reserved for rent at below market rates), a 180-room hotel, roughly 48,000 square feet of offices, and 95,000 square feet of shops and restaurants. Should economic conditions not lend themselves to the construction of a hotel, Palisades could instead build that space with up to 90 additional residences.

The trio of high-rise buildings proposed at 1111 Sunset are designed by architecture firms SOM, Stanley Saitowitz | Natoma Architects, and Kengo Kuma & Associates, and would stand 49, 30, and 17 stories in height. Plans also call for a network of interior walkways and garden areas on the site, which are being designed by James Corner Field Operations.

According to an environmental study adopted by the city, construction of 1111 Sunset Boulevard is on pace to be completed by 2028.
https://la.urbanize.city/post/la-cit...ns-1111-sunset

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 8:00 PM
你的媽媽

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 8:36 PM
Los Angeles Aficionado

Thumbs up

I wonder if it will seem to continue on the skyline from certain angles. In anycase, I am excited about this one!

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 8:46 PM
Ω

Looks awesome. I like the balconies.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2022, 11:02 PM

I love this one for many reasons. My hope is that we see several more like this around the periphery of Downtown LA

Old Posted Jul 1, 2022, 7:33 AM

Gonna call it Dodger Stadium tower 😁. That existing residential building blends right in. And smart of them to not have the tallest tower obstructing the existing buildings beautiful view toward downtown. Stellar proposal 👌

Old Posted Jul 9, 2022, 4:38 AM
Ascension

Probably my favorite proposal in Los Angeles (aside from multi building development on that narrow piece of land next to the Historic Park). Really hope they use quality materials and build everything all at once plzkthx.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2022, 5:57 PM
你的媽媽

An update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAisthePlace View Post
In today's disappointing news... the transformative 1111 Sunset Boulevard has been put up for sale by Palisades after securing entitlements.

Still seems there is a chance this gets built as designed, but a smaller one than before it was put up for sale

https://www.theeastsiderla.com/real_...ticle-nav-next

Old Posted Jul 18, 2022, 8:57 PM
DENNAB

Why did they bother getting the project approved / designed with no intention of building it? I don't get it.

What an epic location for something like this. I wonder if the next developer will take advantage and build either this or something similar.

I hope next year brings better news for our developments. I feel like it's just a letdown after letdown (the US in general, not just LA).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals