HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 4:59 PM
1st Ward

Thanks for the photos, BVic! Just over a third of the way up and it's already such a presence on the south end of Grant Park!

When its complete, that huge injection of residents (~800 units) is really going to add to the liveliness of Michigan Ave south of Roosevelt, and the neighborhood as a whole.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 6:16 PM

Let's hope this gives that area a big bar and restaurant boom. Not much night life or good bars around there.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 8:00 PM

The shorter tower crane used for the garage was removed this weekend.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 9:24 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWillChicago View Post
Let's hope this gives that area a big bar and restaurant boom. Not much night life or good bars around there.
There is a decent selection on Wabash, but I agree we could use more options in that neighborhood. The influx of residents is sure to attract further commercial investment. It would be nice to tie in with the Motor Row/DePaul Arena area to create one continuous nightlife district along the Michigan/Wabash corridor. Lot of brewers on that corridor as well (Baderbrau, Vice District, Motor Row Brewing, etc.) between 14th and 25th. Would be neat to have a south side version of Malt Row.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 2:49 AM

1201 S Prairie photos of One Grant Park

Does anyone have any pictures from the units in 1201 S Prairie? I would like to see how this building is blocking the views. If you could, please post. Thanks

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC100 View Post
Does anyone have any pictures from the units in 1201 S Prairie? I would like to see how this building is blocking the views. If you could, please post. Thanks
1201 is the greenish building in the center - across the street from 1200 S Prarie (the real address of "One Grant Park"). Can't see how this would block any view except those on the SW corner of the building, who had only a sliver of a view before.

Now the folks in the red building to the South - particularly those on the NE corner - they just got hosed.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 2:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC100 View Post
Lol schadenfreude

^ nice shot

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 10:08 PM
Urbane observer

One Grant Park would be 1200 S. Indiana, not 1200 S. Prairie. Not sure if they'll use that, or 113 E. Roosevelt.

Purchasers in the various Central Station buildings (maybe not all buildings) were given promises at purchase about what view angles—primarily those over the park—would never be blocked. Purchasers in The Grant (née One Museum Park West) always knew a building would be built west of them.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
One Grant Park would be 1200 S. Indiana, not 1200 S. Prairie. Not sure if they'll use that, or 113 E. Roosevelt.

Purchasers in the various Central Station buildings (maybe not all buildings) were given promises at purchase about what view angles—primarily those over the park—would never be blocked. Purchasers in The Grant (née One Museum Park West) always knew a building would be built west of them.
thank you. (Google places it - and it is - at what SHOULD be 1201 S Indiana, but you know, real estate agents)

Who could promise "view angles" ?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 4:09 AM

[QUOTE=harryc;8109030]1201 is the greenish building in the center - across the street from 1200 S Prarie (the real address of "One Grant Park"). Can't see how this would block any view except those on the SW corner of the building, who had only a sliver of a view before.

The entire western view will be blocked. I was hoping someone could take some pictures inside 1201 Prairie facing west. I want pictures from those units of the Grant. Thank you.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 4:10 AM

March 6

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 4:17 AM

[QUOTE=TomC100;8110548]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
1201 is the greenish building in the center - across the street from 1200 S Prarie (the real address of "One Grant Park"). Can't see how this would block any view except those on the SW corner of the building, who had only a sliver of a view before.

The entire western view will be blocked. I was hoping someone could take some pictures inside 1201 Prairie facing west. I want pictures from those units of the Grant. Thank you.
But the western view is NOT of the park - not even a parking lot - was just a vacant lot.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 4:31 AM
Urbane observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
thank you. (Google places it - and it is - at what SHOULD be 1201 S Indiana, but you know, real estate agents)
Oops, you're right.

Quote:
Who could promise "view angles" ?
The developer-seller, in a deed restriction.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post

The developer-seller, in a deed restriction.
So what is the enforcement; The developer-seller gives you your money back, or does this deed restrict what is done on other peoples - or public - property ?

Old Posted Mar 11, 2018, 12:19 AM

March 10, 2018 from the Signature Room

Old Posted Mar 11, 2018, 12:26 AM

What camera?

Old Posted Mar 11, 2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvn View Post
What camera?
Good ole D90

Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 5:50 PM

so that's three U/C on the right there

Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 6:39 PM
BANNED

Yeah and three very good towers too. It's gonna be the best summer for skyscrapers here since 2007.

thanks for the pics @teohwp85

Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru2501 View Post
so that's three U/C on the right there
Technically four:

One Grant Park, Essex on the Park, the Homewood Suites, and Paragon (you can sort of almost barely see it in the shot)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive