HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Its amazing how many people are willing to shit on a guy like Musk who is actually doing things versus you know like worthless politicians or feckless academics or frivolous celebrities & pundits.

I would rather have Elon than a million Warren buffets

What is Elon actually doing??? Pretty sure you can catch him spending all his time having cocaine fueled meltdowns on twitter. Wow such a go-getter.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc View Post
What happens when there's a fire in this tunnel?

Musk is like a clown spinning plates. Except when they fall people are going to die.
A lot of people die, slowly and painfully. But I'm sure Muskrat will get away with it somehow.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2022, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Its amazing how many people are willing to shit on a guy like Musk who is actually doing things versus you know like worthless politicians or feckless academics or frivolous celebrities & pundits.

I would rather have Elon than a million Warren buffets
No kidding. I tend to agree that these single tunnels that have limited access points don't make much sense, I always took the Boring Company to be more or less trying to get better tunnel boring engineering methods that can reduce costs. No reason transit authorities across the globe couldn't utilize it which would benefit high capacity rail/bus transit.

Musk is going to be the first person on Mars. He is going down in history as one of the greatest humans ever to live. Mark my words. You got people on this forum, and all over the internet, mocking him. Sad.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2022, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
What is Elon actually doing??? Pretty sure you can catch him spending all his time having cocaine fueled meltdowns on twitter. Wow such a go-getter.
Living in 50k prefab house in Texas working alongside his employees to build a rocket to Mars, running an electric car company that single handedly transformed the entire automotive industry in less than a decade, making people millionaires left and right with stock trading, promoting a mass transit mode that would 3x as fast as anything that exists today, apart from making other science fiction ideas a reality. What are you doing besides having cocaine fueled rants on a talk forum about people that are widely more successful than you?

Old Posted Jan 16, 2022, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutonicpanda View Post
Living in 50k prefab house in Texas working alongside his employees to build a rocket to Mars, running an electric car company that single handedly transformed the entire automotive industry in less than a decade, making people millionaires left and right with stock trading, promoting a mass transit mode that would 3x as fast as anything that exists today, apart from making other science fiction ideas a reality. What are you doing besides having cocaine fueled rants on a talk forum about people that are widely more successful than you?
This is sarcasm here right? Because Elon ain't doing any of that, sorry to break it to you. You really believe the 50k house lie? That's been debunked, he's living it up in a fucking mansion. Another one of his compulsive lies.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-mu...on-11640188548

Elon doesn't run shit, he just has ownership. He sits on his ass while other people are hired and payed to run his companies. He doesn't even have an engineering degree and you really think he's building rockets to mars with his hands??? LOLOLOL.

Mass transit? A kiddie ride has better throughput than Elon's Vegas deathtrap. I mean you have to be joking right?? The truth is right in front of you. Otherwise I really pity you. This is some serious boot licking.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2022, 9:44 PM

I was a huge fan of the concept, but it just kept getting worse and worse. If you can’t admit that Musk’s Las Vegas tunnel is a failure so far, then you have blinders on.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2022, 10:05 PM

A vindictive arrogant prick:

Elon Musk Asked Tesla Law Firm to Fire Ex-Gov’t Official He Didn’t Like

And his fanboys are almost as nauseating as he is...

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 2:34 AM

Quote:
Musk is going to be the first person on Mars. He is going down in history as one of the greatest humans ever to live. Mark my words. You got people on this forum, and all over the internet, mocking him. Sad.
What is sad is that you worship this wretched man.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 2:20 PM

Quote:
No kidding. I tend to agree that these single tunnels that have limited access points don't make much sense, I always took the Boring Company to be more or less trying to get better tunnel boring engineering methods that can reduce costs. No reason transit authorities across the globe couldn't utilize it which would benefit high capacity rail/bus transit.
25+ companies around the world build tunnel boring machines - thousands of them each year. But Musk - and Musk alone - possesses singular insight. The Boring Company effing bought existing TBM's, threw their logo on them, and the fanboys were fooled into thinking Musk had improved on an existing design.

He's just like Donald Trump. He built one tower in Manhattan in the early 80s and he had everyone believing he was the biggest developer in the city. Otherwise he just lends his name to other people's projects. Musk is no different - he didn't found Tesla, he bought into it, and made himself the face of the whole wildly subsidized scam. He bought TBM's and put his logo on them. It's one thing after another.

Quote:
He's no Thomas Edison. Read my previous comment - he buys into other people's ideas and tricks people like you into thinking he came up with them. Space X hasn't done a damn thing that NASA or other for-profit companies didn't do decades or even 50 years ago. McDonald-Douglas built a self-landing rocket back in the 90s but nobody remembers it because they didn't have a Donald Trump CEO tricking journalists and dominating the news.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 8:42 PM
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal

Quote:
Musk is going to be the first person on Mars.
I’m pretty sure he’s quite publicly said that he expects a lot of the first wave to die and have pretty well no interest in being among them?

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedok View Post
I’m pretty sure he’s quite publicly said that he expects a lot of the first wave to die and have pretty well no interest in being among them?
He couldn't get a soccer team out of a cave here on Earth.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2022, 8:22 AM
Sex Marxist of Notleygrad

New Cybertruck design "leaked"... Thoughts?
I still want one personally...
https://electrek.co/2022/01/24/leake...-wheel-covers/

Old Posted Jan 25, 2022, 4:12 PM

I don't think Elon Musk has grand visions anymore. He's too far up his own keister to see anything grand these days.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2022, 12:14 AM

Sorry for the late replies I need to check this forum more often. Wow at the anti musk comments. You’d think those who support urban development would support musk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
This is sarcasm here right? Because Elon ain't doing any of that, sorry to break it to you. You really believe the 50k house lie? That's been debunked, he's living it up in a fucking mansion. Another one of his compulsive lies.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-mu...on-11640188548

Elon doesn't run shit, he just has ownership. He sits on his ass while other people are hired and payed to run his companies. He doesn't even have an engineering degree and you really think he's building rockets to mars with his hands??? LOLOLOL.

Mass transit? A kiddie ride has better throughput than Elon's Vegas deathtrap. I mean you have to be joking right?? The truth is right in front of you. Otherwise I really pity you. This is some serious boot licking.
You’re just talking out of your ass. A photographer followed him around and caught him sleeping at his friends mansion in Austin. Guess that means he lives there to some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badrunner View Post
What is sad is that you worship this wretched man.
I don’t worship in fact I criticize him a lot and have my skepticism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
25+ companies around the world build tunnel boring machines - thousands of them each year. But Musk - and Musk alone - possesses singular insight. The Boring Company effing bought existing TBM's, threw their logo on them, and the fanboys were fooled into thinking Musk had improved on an existing design.

He's just like Donald Trump. He built one tower in Manhattan in the early 80s and he had everyone believing he was the biggest developer in the city. Otherwise he just lends his name to other people's projects. Musk is no different - he didn't found Tesla, he bought into it, and made himself the face of the whole wildly subsidized scam. He bought TBM's and put his logo on them. It's one thing after another.

He's no Thomas Edison. Read my previous comment - he buys into other people's ideas and tricks people like you into thinking he came up with them. Space X hasn't done a damn thing that NASA or other for-profit companies didn't do decades or even 50 years ago. McDonald-Douglas built a self-landing rocket back in the 90s but nobody remembers it because they didn't have a Donald Trump CEO tricking journalists and dominating the news.
Regarding the tunnel boring I’ve mentioned I’m skeptical of it but I want to see where it goes. That along with hyper loop are what I’m pretty skeptical of.

Actually he’d be more comparable to Edison than Tesla.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedok View Post
We’ll see I guess. He’s probably not wrong. No one is being forced to go.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 9:14 PM

Virgin Hyperloop switches focus from passengers to cargo as it lays off half its staff

https://www.theverge.com/2022/2/22/2...off-half-staff

Quote:

- Virgin Hyperloop has laid off almost half its staff as the company switches its focus from transporting passengers to shifting freight. Cuts totaling 111 jobs were confirmed by Virgin Hyperloop to The Financial Times, which spoke to former employees at the company. They described the scale of the redundancies as “definitely not expected.” — The US-based Virgin Hyperloop is one of the leading firms developing the eponymous technology an updated version of a centuries-old idea to reduce the energy demands of trains by placing them in vacuum-sealed tubes where air resistance is minimal.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 10:40 PM
Show me the blueprints

Now cargo makes more sense. Why didn't they just start there?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 10:48 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Now cargo makes more sense. Why didn't they just start there?
They follow the hype so they can get investors. 10 years ago there was a lot of energy put into disrupting passenger transportation - rideshare, scooters, bikeshare, etc.

Now the goal is to disrupt the freight transportation system, especially since people have felt the impacts of the supply chain crisis. Hyperloop is just switching to a different tech bandwagon so they can continue to get that sweet VC cash, or ideally the big foreign money that follows the VCs.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 11:08 PM
Show me the blueprints

Here's where all this is heading:

_

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Mar 18, 2022, 5:23 PM

Elon Musk's plan for tunnels connecting airport to downtown San Antonio moving forward

https://thenationaldesk.com/news/ame...pany-alamo-rma

Quote:
…..

- The Alamo Regional Mobility Authority decided to take the next step in the project from The Boring Company to build the system. The Boring Company is owned by Elon Musk, and submitted the idea to Alamo RMA after they asked for proposals to increase revenues. — The project would cost between $247 to $289 million, but Alamo RMA is just agreeing to go into talks. Once fully approved, Boring could begin construction within 12 months, and would complete the project in three years. The project would be done in two phases. The first phase would construct the tunnel from downtown to the Pearl.

…..

Old Posted Mar 26, 2022, 10:33 AM
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by M II A II R II K View Post
Elon Musk's plan for tunnels connecting airport to downtown San Antonio moving forward

https://thenationaldesk.com/news/ame...pany-alamo-rma
He did the exact same thing in Chicago, proposed some completely infeasible tunnel to the airport, and then bailed on it, obviously. Incompetent city leaders, including Rahm Emanuel himself, fell for it and picked the "Boring Company" over established, real companies with experience and profitable business models.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation