HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Feb 21, 2024, 2:33 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
The tallest one that seems to be a go is 115 South 19th Street, last confirmed to be 611 feet tall.

Apparently residents in Symphony House are complaining about this...when Arthaus was built nearby just two years ago. Don't wanna block those lovely views of South Philly

If 115 South 19th Street and 3001 JFK still got built that would be pretty exciting.

I wonder how much this will be cut by. The design is really cool so I hope it's at least 4-450'.

It amazes me that people will live in a big city and care about skyscrapers.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2024, 1:13 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
If 115 South 19th Street and 3001 JFK still got built that would be pretty exciting.

I wonder how much this will be cut by. The design is really cool so I hope it's at least 4-450'.

It amazes me that people will live in a big city and care about skyscrapers.
I'm confused how that makes a difference. Symphony House is ~400' tall, so unless this project is chopped down to like 4 floors, it will block views.

Perhaps Goldenberg could reorient their tower on an angle or agree to setbacks/sightlines for additional height. But I doubt they are that savvy/committed to think outside of the box though. (they notoriously sit on prime real estate).

Last edited by PHLtoNYC; Feb 21, 2024 at 2:19 PM.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2024, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
I'm confused how that makes a difference. Symphony House is ~400' tall, so unless this project is chopped down to like 4 floors, it will block views.

Perhaps Goldenberg could reorient their tower on an angle or agree to setbacks/sightlines for additional height. But I doubt they are that savvy/committed to think outside of the box though. (they notoriously sit on prime real estate).
I can't imagine a developer would cut a building height due to complaints from NIMBYs with no legal standing. Would have to be some underlying business rationale as well.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2024, 4:32 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPDX View Post
I can't imagine a developer would cut a building height due to complaints from NIMBYs with no legal standing. Would have to be some underlying business rationale as well.
Problem is the denizens of Pepto Bismol Palace have a well-established rep as an extremely litigious bunch, nevermind having an actual legal basis for their objections. They and their attorneys are masters of barratry. Recall their years of court battles against Jamaican Jerk Hut, nearly 3 blocks away, challenging their live outdoor musical performance space.

See Inquirer article from 2011: https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news...escalates.html
html

Minor correction to article: Symphony House is at Broad & Pine, NOT Spruce, but is still located nearly 3 blocks away from Jamaican Jerk Hut, which is at 1436 South St (near 15th & South). The point stands that it is some distance from Symphony House.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2024, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillypdx View Post
i can't imagine a developer would cut a building height due to complaints from nimbys with no legal standing. Would have to be some underlying business rationale as well.
100%

Old Posted Feb 21, 2024, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
100%
My guess was that they were going to reduce the size anyway, and want to hand them a win so they're hopefully less vocal about the redesign.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 1:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Problem is the denizens of Pepto Bismol Palace have a well-established rep as an extremely litigious bunch, nevermind having an actual legal basis for their objections. They and their attorneys are masters of barratry. Recall their years of court battles against Jamaican Jerk Hut, nearly 3 blocks away, challenging their live outdoor musical performance space.

See Inquirer article from 2011: https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news...escalates.html
html

Minor correction to article: Symphony House is at Broad & Pine, NOT Spruce, but is still located nearly 3 blocks away from Jamaican Jerk Hut, which is at 1436 South St (near 15th & South). The point stands that it is some distance from Symphony House.

What an sad bunch of losers.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 1:24 PM

Pepto Bismal Palace lmao, that's a good one Jayfar

Old Posted Feb 22, 2024, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade_Jim View Post
What an sad bunch of losers.
Yes. Total losers. The NIMBY is one of the most annoying and hypocritical d-bags of all time. Live in a high-rise and fight tooth and nail to prevent the development of high-rises. If the building is zoned correctly, I cannot believe that a nimby group can have ANY standing to the point of affecting development plans of a 9-figure project.

Who cares what those people say?

This was a modification of the plan by the developer, regardless of what those idiots are doing, IMHO. Look at the Dock street build. No better resourced community group than Society Hill and those guys told them to pi$$ off. Loved that.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2024, 2:29 PM

This tower should be built at 43 floors and 552 feet; it is perhaps a good consideration to contact the developer and urge them to build at the original specification. Unite, think, express your concerns; the NIMBY's are no better than any of us; in fact they lack in leverage because none of them will be buying condos in this tower when they already have condos but everyone here has the limitless future potential to do so.

Do what they do.

Never complain; unless its worth acting on.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals