HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Old Posted Nov 23, 2009, 5:31 AM

Complete ripoff of the Time Warner Center.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2010, 12:19 PM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMAC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saudi guy View Post
Lamar Towers' foundations completed

20 December 2009
JEDDAH - Arabtec Saudi Arabia & Alsaad General Contracting joint venture announced on Saturday the achievement of a major milestone with the casting of the two raft foundations for the Lamar Towers, the tallest twin towers in the Western Region, Saudi Arabia.

Lamar project, developed by Cayan International Company, worth approximately SR2 billion, is on schedule.

In parallel, foundation works are also being carried out in the adjoining Podium areas along the tower footprints that will incorporate the residential and commercial units, and a shopping mall.

"We have just poured over 11,100 cubic meters using almost 3,000 tons of steel, covering an area of approximately 4,000 sq m and approximately 3m in depth, and it was all orchestrated smoothly" said Mehriz Abdo, senior project manager for the project.

The Arabtec slip-form system for the Towers' cores is already delivered to site and is being installed.

Major plant and equipment have already been mobilized to site and are now in operation. Lamar Towers incorporates futuristic architectural designs with twin glass towers aligned in a V shape. Tower 1 has 73 floors and Tower 2 has 65 floors and helipad with two basement levels including the mezzanine levels.

The Towers incorporate residential and commercial units which will include shopping malls.

"This is indeed a great accomplishment by the team and a milestone for both Jeddah and Saudi Arabia.

Our teams are very excited about our prospects in this new market" said Riad Kamal, CEO of Arabtec Holding.

As a repeat client, Cayan is confident Arabtec -Al Saad General Contracting, JV will deliver a high-quality and satisfactory finished product on time. "Our alliance with Arabtec Saudi Arabia has created a new perspective in building construction. We are confident of the pace of the work that we have observed which highlights Arabtec's project execution and management skills. Construction work is progressing and Cayan is looking forward to seeing the rest of the project take shape," said Usama Sarraj, Cayan development manager. "Due to Arabtec's strategic project management and integrated systems, they are on schedule as noticed in five months of construction," he said.

© The Saudi Gazette 2009

Source

Old Posted Nov 18, 2013, 9:39 AM

Nov 13th, was on hold but work has recently resumed.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=903

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 2:21 PM

I'm sorry, but when someone mentions Lamar Towers, I think of this:

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 7:38 PM

The construction extrusions look like giant "sliding drawers" coming out from the towers. Weird.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2014, 8:35 PM
Find yourself and be that

The towers are now U/C!!!

By Abdullah-atta

Before and after:

Last edited by P2000; Sep 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2014, 9:33 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Interesting. I know so little about Jeddah, compared to Riyadh (which I admit, I am not a scholar on).
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction