HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa

Old Posted Nov 11, 2014, 9:16 AM

AfDB to fund construction of US$ 612m new terminal in Kenya’s largest airport

The African Development Bank (AfDB) has been selected as the lead financier of the US$612million new airport terminal at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA), with construction slated to start January next year according to Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) managing director. Read more on this one here in case you would like details on the project.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 11:15 PM

I visited Kenya in 2012, and just went back again in late summer 2019. Let me tell you, the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) looks completely different now! Plus, the Chinese have really built up the roads and infrastructure. There were moments when I was in a taxi, and I would completely forget that I was in Africa (because of how developed many parts of Nairobi are). I also drove to Nakuru and did not hit a single pot hole on the way, amazing!

Hopefully average Kenyan citizens actually get to benefit from the development of their country (i.e. because many locals were complaining that government contracts favored China, saying that the Chinese government is actually benefiting the most from Africa's development).

In any case, China has accomplished major infrastructure upgrades in Kenya (as well as in other African nations, I've heard).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Middle East & Africa