HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Probably right. Though we don't really need large footplates on that side of East Market (we have it with the Gallery on the other side), and some of the existing buildings are pretty interesting (or will be once the hideous tacky signage like "cash for gold" is removed by a better tenant). I'd rather just see a better class of tenant move in and this side of the block remain small footprints like Walnut and Chestnut west of broad. You're likely right, though. These owners may be looking to just cash out, and we'll instead see building demolition for bigger projects.
...because the guys putting up all the big projects are the only ones who can afford to buy these places in the first place. And if rents continue to rise, even the better class of tenant will have a hard time justifying the rent.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2017, 3:14 PM
BANNED

drilling and utility location work going on today on SE corner of parking lot

Old Posted Apr 5, 2017, 4:32 PM

I saw that too. Wasn't sure if it was related or not.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2017, 5:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
I saw that too. Wasn't sure if it was related or not.
I can't think of any other reason they would be locating utilities underneath a surface parking lot.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2017, 6:07 PM

Soil samples?

Old Posted Apr 5, 2017, 7:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Soil samples?
specifically locating underground utilities, likely as part of foundation design.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2017, 9:51 PM

This is one of my favorite projects yo. We really need more office development. I'm getting hype for this to begin. Has this passed through the various loopholes that developments need to get through?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2017, 12:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daario View Post
This is one of my favorite projects yo. We really need more office development. I'm getting hype for this to begin. Has this passed through the various loopholes that developments need to get through?
No. Nothing has happened yet.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 6:15 PM

The Center City District report on developments has listed the start date for this project as 2018!

http://centercityphila.org/uploads/a...2017-final.pdf

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 7:00 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
The Center City District report on developments has listed the start date for this project as 2018!

I wouldn't put much stock in that at all. Probably just based on the press release from the developer months ago.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
I wouldn't put much stock in that at all. Probably just based on the press release from the developer months ago.
Yeah, SLS is listed as starting in Q4, I wouldn't hold my breath on most of these dates.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post

One can hope.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 10:25 PM

Even still, at least we know this is a serious proposal. Hopefully it just doesn't get downsized like several others were.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2017, 12:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
Even still, at least we know this is a serious proposal. Hopefully it just doesn't get downsized like several others were.
I agree it's serious, but the devil is in the details- they wont start anything without an anchor tenant. Unfortunately several large blocks of space are coming on the market in the near future which means any of the few tenants looking for a large block will have options, including Aramark's space at 1101 Market.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2017, 3:03 AM
build awesome buildings

to me this screams bringing in an out of town tenant based on what's indeed coming online. hopefully they are looking towards growing the pot instead of shuffling some chairs.

Old Posted May 26, 2017, 4:46 PM

Proposed 38-story office tower in Market East is now leasing

Quote:
At the end of 2016, it was announced that a glassy, 38-story office tower designed by Skidmore, Owings, & Merrill (SOM) was going to replace a parking lot across the street from City Hall. And although it will be another three years before doors open, the tower has already started leasing.

Oliver Tyrone Pulver (OTP) has announced that JLL will be the exclusive leasing agent for the tower at 1301 Market Street, which is being touted as the first large block of trophy office space to become available in Center City.

A rendering of one of 1301 Market’s proposed roof top terraces.
The announcement also offered a few more details about the proposed tower’s amenities. There will be two roof top terraces—one will be on the fifth floor—a fitness area, a conference center, and retail and restaurant on the ground floor.

In addition, the tower will feature a glass-enclosed podium that will include a double-height lobby.
READ MORE via Curbed Philly

Old Posted May 26, 2017, 7:14 PM

Hopefully they get a tenant, and someone who's going to build this building in its entirety, (rather than downsizing), because that would not only be a very welcome addition to the skyline, but also be the first building over 500 feet to be built east of Broad (assuming SLS doesn't come up any time soon), which would be a very good precedent to make.

Old Posted May 26, 2017, 9:30 PM

Beautiful! Realistically, at 840,000 square feet, we only need one anchor tenant to take up ~400,000 square feet. With that, this tower is off to the races. The remainder of the space can be leased out to other tenants looking for smaller spaces similar to FMC Tower.

Old Posted May 27, 2017, 5:44 PM

Really looking forward to this! I hope they get an anchor quickly and get to work. This block of Market East and the couple around it will really be a beautiful mix of old new architecture once this (and some of the other new construction and restoration in the area) is complete.

Old Posted May 27, 2017, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
I agree it's serious, but the devil is in the details- they wont start anything without an anchor tenant. Unfortunately several large blocks of space are coming on the market in the near future which means any of the few tenants looking for a large block will have options, including Aramark's space at 1101 Market.
True. But I can't see how 1101 Market will compete with a new building built today even if they do a gut renovation once Aramark leaves. This will be a trophy building. I guess 1101 Market is still Class A, but this building will probably command higher rents and class of tenants.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals