HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Dec 6, 2018, 1:07 AM
New Yorker for life

https://therealdeal.com/2018/11/26/g...t-lic-project/

Goldman Sachs invests $83M in Gotham Org’s 1,120-unit LIC project
Opportunity zones helped draw Goldman's Urban Investment Group to the neighborhood

Goldman Sach’s Margaret Anadu and a rendering of Hunter’s Point South Proposal

November 26, 2018

Quote:
Goldman Sachs finalized a deal to invest in a massive affordable development in Long Island City — on the same day Amazon announced it would bring half of its HQ2 to the neighborhood.

The investment bank’s Urban Investment Group provided the Gotham Organization with $83 million for its 1,120-unit mixed-use project in Hunter’s Point South, Bloomberg reported.

The city last year chose Gotham Organization and local nonprofit RiseBoro Community Partnership Inc. to develop the property at 57th Avenue and Second Street, which will also include retail. Of the more than 1,000 apartments, 900 are slated to be affordable for households earning between 30 and 145 percent of area median income, and 93 units will be set aside for seniors.
Quote:
The timing lining up with Amazon’s announcement, one Goldman Sachs executive said, was an “absolute coincidence.”

“I didn’t think New York was in the running,” said Margaret Anadu, head of the Urban Investment Group, “much less Long Island City.”

Instead, the draw was the fact that the project is situated in an Opportunity Zone, like much of the Long Island City waterfront. Since the tax break was pushed through, the Urban Investment Group has invested $150 million of its own money in Opportunity Zones across the country.

“When this massive development is done, it’ll be one of the largest affordable housing communities in New York City’s history,” Anadu said.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2018, 1:10 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
These are separate projects. We should probably have separate threads.

There's a TF Cornerstone project, which is the twin-towered project in post #24, and has been planned for years (but was delayed due to issues with rail tunnels underneath). It's since been redesigned with much taller towers.

Post #26 details a separate twin-towered project by Gotham Companies, which has a site just to the south of the TF Cornerstone site.

Both projects are new construction, mixed income, twin towered projects with schools, so it can be confusing. But they're separate, adjacent sites, within the larger Hunters Point South redevelopment zone.
I was thinking 4 towers total in this phase.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 1:31 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

TF Cornerstone’s Two-Towered, 1,197-Unit 52-10 Center Boulevard Officially Breaks Ground In Hunters Point South, Long Island City

Hunter's Point South Redesign rendering, courtesy TF Cornerstone

Quote:
The official groundbreaking ceremony for TF Cornerstone‘s two-towered 52-10 Center Boulevard in Hunters Point South, Long Island City will be held today. In addition to over 1,000 new apartments, the project will give rise to what will temporarily become the tallest skyscraper on Queens’ East River waterfront. Fresh renderings have also been released, revealing additional exterior details of the buildings as well as the landscaped greenery and waterfront esplanade.

The larger tower will stand 587 feet to its rooftop with a total scope just shy of 800,000 square feet. There will be 800 apartments located within its 56 floors, as well as a 600-seat elementary school. The combined high-rises will yield 1,197 apartments, and 800 of those units will be affordable housing.

While the burgeoning plans for the site are certainly impressive, additional redevelopment in the vicinity has been temporarily stifled thanks to local opposition to Amazon’s HQ2, which would have resulted in several new towers rising on adjacent lots to the north of 52-10 Center Boulevard. For the time being, plans for land that what would have become Amazon’s HQ2 have seemingly returned to the drawing board.

A completion date for 52-10 Center Boulevard has not been formally announced yet, but with work now underway, a 2021-2022 estimate would not be unreasonable.
===============
NYY

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 1:36 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Am I confusing myself, or does the above update feel like it belongs in another thread?

I feel like its part of another development given the orientation and where its placed via the rendering.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 7:46 PM

That's the right location. I recognize the dark grey building across the lot as Hunters Point Community Middle School. There's also a poster of this building on the fencing around the site.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 8:28 PM
Ω

They need to teach kids in school that while putting people in renderings they have to remember that there are more than just white people in the world, lol.

Anyway, I think this is really nice, especially planning and massing-wise.E

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 8:41 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Exactly Zerton! And everyone tends to smile in the renderings too! Has to be more realistic. There needs to be some guy yelling at people and muttering incoherent things that would disgust even the most vile person. If they want NYC realism, that's what they have to do, especially with Manhattan based renderings around Union or Herald Square.

Some of these renderings also have super cars or very upscale cars, but are missing the shattered mini vans with broken bumpers, and the bumper guards on the rear bumper. They have to get their facts straight on these renderings, I agree!

A lot of business people are not smiling in NYC. They walk very fast, and have a neutral smile, and are docking ear buds. Not the grand manic smile present in some of these renderings.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2019, 9:09 PM
Show me the blueprints

Renderings featuring totally graffiti bombed box trucks have become trendy though.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Apr 6, 2019, 9:36 PM

Actually, if you're going for realism in renderings for Hunters Point South there aren't nearly enough strollers. Seriously, this area has become young yuppie parent central. It reminds me of Park Slope when I lived there in the early 2000s.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2019, 5:50 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Under Construction

Credit: Skyscrapergramer

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 1:17 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Hunters Point South Towers Begin To Rise On Center Boulevard In Hunters Point, Queens

Quote:
Construction is moving along on a pair of residential buildings at the Hunters Point South Towers development in Hunters Point, Queens. Workers are preparing to pour the fourth floor of what will become a 46-story, 394-unit structure at 52-41 Center Boulevard, while rebar is protruding from the site of the taller, 56-story tower at 52-03 Center Boulevard in preparation for the formation of the ground floor columns and walls. TF Cornerstone is the developer of the complex, which is designed by ODA Architecture with SLCE Architects as the architect of record.

New photos show a hive of activity on both sections of the large site.

52-41 Center Boulevard will eventually top off at 475 feet and yield just under 383,000 square feet of space. Residential units will account for 374,100 square feet; 8,000 square feet will be dedicated to community use; 850 square feet will be reserved for ground-floor retail; and a daycare facility will occupy the remaining 7,950 square feet. The tower will include 394 apartments, most likely rentals with an average scope of 949 square feet. Amenities will include storage space for 197 bicycles and private terraces on the sixth, 44th, and 45th floors.

52-03 Center Boulevard will stand 587 feet high, yield 774,600 square feet of space for 800 affordable units, and house a 600-seat elementary school on the lower floors of the site.

The development will produce a combined total of 1,197 apartments. The waterfront location will give residents unobstructed views of the Midtown skyline and vistas of Lower Manhattan to the south. The East River ferry is a very short walk from the property, while the closest subway is the 7 train at Vernon Boulevard-Jackson Avenue.

A completion date of winter 2022 was spotted on the construction fence.
==============
NYY

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 1:17 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Michael Young

Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 3:27 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Foreground closest to the water (red crane). Should fill up nicely and add a waterfront dynamic to LIC.

baronsonphoto-20191005-094.jpg by Brian Aronson, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 1:23 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

@ Mods,

This should be moved to u/c section

Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 3:09 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

New Renderings of TF Cornerstone's Gargantuan Towers Rising on the Hunters Point South waterfront

Quote:
The Long Island City waterfront has come a long way since the abandoned hot mess it was just three decades ago. Privileged with some of the best-designed parkland in the city (flood resilient too!), and magnificent views of Manhattan, a dozen glistening and prosaic high-rises have sprouted since the waterfront's first tower Citylights opened in 1996. After a four year hiatus since the completion of Hunters Point South A and B (Related Companies with SHoP Architects), the next flurry blizzard of elevated domiciles will come from TF Cornerstone with ODA Architecture /SLCE leading the design. Tentatively known as Hunters Point South Parcel C, the pair of 46- and 56-story towers will not only be Hunters Point's biggest buildings, but also the tallest towers along the city's shoreline outside of Manhattan.

New renderings published by ODA reveal the immensity of the project. Set to accommodate a whopping 1,200 apartments in all, the 1.2-MSF scheme will stand on a city-donated block bounded by Center Boulevard, Borden Avenue, 2nd street and 54th Avenue. Initial plans announced in 2013 called for a single cascading structure anchored by 41 and 36-floor towers on opposing sides. According to Crain's, construction was stymied due to concerns from Amtrak and the New York Power Authority that the development would cause harm to their assets and a tunnel below grade. In response, the center of the site will remain tower-free and TFC is building separate taller buildings on opposite sides of the property.

Credit: City Realty

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 9:19 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 7:36 PM

I wish I'd bought here like 10 years ago. This is one of my favorite parts of the city.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 5:17 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Waymond_Womano

Old Posted Dec 8, 2019, 8:00 AM
A before E

Queens has been developing a really good looking skyline with all these new towers.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2019, 9:45 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: FC

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction