HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Hopefully, the crappy corner of Nassau and Ann will be redeveloped too. I’d gladly take a glass box over the crap that’s there.
There are three crappy corners on Nassau and Ann.
The Bennett Building on the west corner is beautiful I think.

Last edited by GertElim; May 10, 2022 at 7:31 AM.

Old Posted May 9, 2022, 11:40 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GertElim View Post
There are three crappy corners on Nassau and Ann.
The Bennett Building on the east corner is beautiful I think.
I agree re: Bennet. It's spectacular. The old office build across from it on the west side of Nassau is also decent, as is the CVS. I'm talking about the one-story POS that's been vacant for as long as I can remember and the vacant, two-story POS next to it on Ann.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2022, 11:37 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: rbrome

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 3:06 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 5:20 PM
BANNED

Although this is lame, I'd rather have it than the crazy nuthouse that Extell is building on 8th Ave.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2022, 5:11 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: rbrome

Old Posted Sep 28, 2023, 5:59 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Pace University’s Campus Expansion Opens At 15 Beekman Street In Financial District, Manhattan

Quote:
Construction is complete on 15 Beekman Street, a 27-story campus expansion for Pace University in the Financial District. Designed by Manish Chadha of Ismael Leyva Architects and developed by SL Green Realty, the 338-foot-tall tower yields 213,084 square feet for classrooms, administrative and faculty offices, common spaces, suite-style dorm rooms, a dining facility, a library and learning center, and the three-floor Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems. New Line Structures & Development was the general contractor for the project, which is alternately addressed as 126-132 Nassau Street and located at the corner of Beekman and Nassau Streets.

Finishing touches have wrapped up on the ground floor and the sidewalk shed has been fully removed since our last update in late May, and the building is open for the fall semester. Recent photos show the completed look of the exterior, including the new Pace University signage atop the metal canopy above the main entrance along Beekman Street. Through the front doors is the lobby, a security desk, and an adjacent cafe serving Starbucks coffee for faculty and students.

The suite-style dorm rooms can accommodate between five and 11 students in single-, double-, triple-, and quadruple-occupancy layouts. Roughly two-thirds of the inventory comes in the double configuration. Rooms are furnished with adjustable twin beds, two-drawer stackable dressers, wardrobe cabinets, microwave, and refrigerator. Each room comes with a private bathroom, with two bathrooms in larger units.

The facility features 18,300 square feet of student-centered lounge space including open library areas, dining seating, unenclosed breakout spaces, and 858 square feet of private group study and group work rooms. There is also 2,100 square feet of exterior amenity spaces.

15 Beekman Street is located in close proximity to a number of subway lines, including the A, C, J, 2, 3, 4, and 5 trains at the Fulton Street station to the south and the 4, 5, and 6 trains at the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall station to the north.
=====================
NYY

Old Posted Sep 28, 2023, 7:02 PM
Show me the blueprints

Would have been nice for the materials to have a little bit more "depth" but overall it's not bad. The client was clearly trying to make a good looking building for the least amount of expense which is understandable.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive