HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Oct 17, 2014, 5:06 AM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design-mind View Post
What a fantastic design for a low rise. Inglewood is starting to really take off.
All the 'village' type nieghorhoods Inglewood, Mission, Kensington and Bridgeland have all been getting lots of love, and are going to get even more.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 12:09 AM
BANNED

Parkside, next phase of Waterfront:

016 by EvolvingNow, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 12:13 AM
ARTchitecture

Wooow Looks nice!

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring2008 View Post

That is a massive project. What are the total number of units for the whole waterfront masterplan and when is anticipated completion?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 12:16 AM
BANNED

I believe around 1,200 units total now, next launch around 350 units. One would hope there are going to be restaurants/patio space along the river path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stardust* View Post
That is a massive project. What are the total number of units for the whole waterfront masterplan and when is anticipated completion?

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 12:26 AM
ARTchitecture

I like how the design will sort of tie in the development with the Eau Claire Market Towers while still maintaining their distinctiveness.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 1:07 AM
BANNED

Quote:

That's going to seriously deteriorate Ian MacGregor's view.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 1:44 AM

I saw the Waterfront project posted in the Herald as well, and laughed at the placeholder for City Centre I. It barely reaches two thirds the height of Jamieson Place.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 1:50 AM
Editor

Looks pretty solid. With the DP already in, I bet there is action on this one.

Quote:

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 1:53 AM

Quote:
I believe around 1,200 units total now, next launch around 350 units. One would hope there are going to be restaurants/patio space along the river path.
I was curious of that myself so I called anthem a few months ago and they said there would be 1 retail bay along the riverside.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2014, 2:50 AM
BANNED

Would have preferred a few, but can live with one retail bay.

Every big developer and institutional investor is upping their game in Calgary. So many massive developments in the works. The inner city res sector starting to catch up with the massive central commercial inventory here. WAM has a proposal for 1,800 units along 9th, Bentall has another 800 unit project coming to the Beltline, this projects 1,200 units, two mega Eau-Claire projects, and many projects in the 450 to 600 unit range. Just ridiculous lately.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2014, 10:18 PM
Original Member since '99

the inspiration behind the oxford tower?

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 3:28 AM
ARTchitecture

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 3:43 AM

16th Avenue needs way more proposals such as these, because the city spent millions widening and making it walkable, yet I hardly see a soul strolling the area. To many gaps along the ave make it a very un-walkable destination.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 4:01 AM
Editor

Quote:
16th Avenue needs way more proposals such as these, because the city spent millions widening and making it walkable, yet I hardly see a soul strolling the area. To many gaps along the ave make it a very un-walkable destination.
X2. I'd love to see more of those kinds of developments along 16th. Azzure wouldn't be out of place in Kensington or Mission.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 4:23 AM

Quote:
I think it will get better with time (and a few more mixed use buildings like this), but there is a LOT of work ahead.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 4:23 AM
BANNED

Azure's solid, another one of their projects, The Windsor, along Elbow Dr appears to be starting soon. Existing houses all boarded up ready for demo.

According to their website the company was founded by Chris Ollenberger. Wasn't he the pres of CMLC aka behind the EV redevelopment?

Quote:
HomeAbout QuantumPlace
QuantumPlace Developments Ltd. (QPD)
Built Green®
Management Team
Our Team
Clients
Projects
Ravenrock Phase 1
Ravenrock Phases 2-5
50th & Elbow Drive SW Redevelopment
The Azure
1429 - 17 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta
Stewart Creek Golf Course Resort Accommodation
Stewart Creek Phase 3
Harvest Hills
CareersContact
QuantumPlace Developments Ltd. (QPD)

QuantumPlace Developments Ltd. was born from a combination of desire and necessity. Motivated through his desire to add to the fabric of Canadian Cities, Chris Ollenberger founded QuantumPlace Developments in 2012 with the intention of developing not just buildings, but places for people to spend their leisure time, work and live. QuantumPlace Developments strives to de-risk complex developments to generate viable real estate projects that are socially, environmentally and economically sustainable.
From project conceptualization through to execution, QuantumPlace Developments provides our clients with the development and planning expertise necessary to produce high-quality and profitable developments through strategic, measured approaches. Using the “QuantumPlace Developments Method” we strive to provide our clients with exceptional quality and service as well as create value for our projects.
Services offered to our Clients and Investors:
Conceptualization of real estate projects and visions, along with subsequent planning approvals necessary to realize those visions
Assisting in developing the financing and capital stock needed to deliver real estate projects; and
Coordination of all activities required to execute real estate development projects;
Disposition, exchange and acquisition of land necessary to facilitate the orderly development of real estate projects;
Sale of land or buildings to third parties;
Planning expertise to assist clients through municipal approvals, land use redesignations and land use bylaw amendments.
Managing the construction of real estate projects
http://quantumplace.ca/projects/harv...ments-ltd-qpd/

Old Posted Jun 6, 2015, 5:58 PM

Does anyone know much about this one by Battistella? Probably my favorite Calgary developer.

http://inkcondoseastvillage.ca/

Old Posted Jan 25, 2016, 10:56 PM

I'm unsure whether or not this belongs in this forum but, despite the economic downturn,
what would the likelyhood of Calgary seeing a 1000+ ft structure proposed be in the next 10-20 years?
If I understood what I read a while back correctly, in the last economic downturn everyone thought no large structures would be built for 10+ years after that. But here we are with the Bow, EAP, Brookfield Place, Telus Sky, City Centre, etc. So in my eyes it is a possibility.

Any thoughts?

Old Posted Jan 26, 2016, 3:52 AM

^^ With the price of oil where it is....It's going to be a while....10 years minimum, IMO!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates