HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 3:49 PM
YIMBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Based on what we've seen so far I expect to see 300 sf bachelor suites with terrible layouts starting in the 300-400's. It's next to the Stampede guys! Forget the fact there's a bus barn next door and miles of desolate asphalt all around. It's in the centre of everything!
lol, though I know at least one forum member made out like a bandit on their Arriva condo

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed are my own not those of any affiliated organizations.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 5:32 PM
ARTchitecture

I've been seeing adds for "The Kensington" in my gym and around other places. Looks like this one is gonna be pretty successful. It's in such an excellent location, I can't imagine that it won't sell well. Same with Lido.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
Right now it is a row of houses that may have various owners and the Beach sound studio that has been there for a long time and not likely to move. North of 11th Ave is the proposed Railtown by Remington which will likely have retail.
That Railtown proposal has been up in the air for awhile. The Owners need to buy that land from Remington and put the new arena there. That's why I'm wondering if on the north side of the orchard project there will be retail. That would be the most ideal in my opinion

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 5:51 PM
ARTchitecture

I haven't heard a single update on Railtown in the 2.5 years I've lived here. It's probably safe to say it's dead.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 5:56 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
I haven't heard a single update on Railtown in the 2.5 years I've lived here. It's probably safe to say it's dead.
I remember people saying that Remington was going to start Railtown after they finished Quarry Park.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 5:58 PM
Majestic

Quote:
Railtown never got much past the conceptual stage, and they probably already have their hands full with their industrial and office portfolios.

Also, there's the succession from Remington Sr. to Jr. that may affect the vision and direction of that company.

Flickr

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 6:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I've been seeing adds for "The Kensington" in my gym and around other places. Looks like this one is gonna be pretty successful. It's in such an excellent location, I can't imagine that it won't sell well. Same with Lido.
IMO Kensington could be the most interesting urban area in the city if Osteria, The Kensington, and Lido all get going along the strip along with the other large developments recently completed plus smaller infills. Even projects in the Downtown West End and Concord's mixed-use development next to SAIT will draw more and more people to this area.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 6:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris2k7 View Post
Railtown never got much past the conceptual stage, and they probably already have their hands full with their industrial and office portfolios.

Also, there's the succession from Remington Sr. to Jr. that may affect the vision and direction of that company.
They're prob waiting a little longer until land values go up as development continues around them before selling. Though prob not too long as they're not even earning any revenue on the land as far as I can see(no parking)

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 6:36 PM
Majestic

The Calgary Transit bus barn in the area has also been a thorn in the side of area developers and I have heard gossip about potential buyers being turned away.

Flickr

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 8:24 PM
BANNED

^I think the bus barns are getting moved.

Another new 100+ unit in Bridgeland. Looks decent.

http://bridgelandhill.gablecrafthomes.ca/

Also, there's a "development land - sold" sign in front of the car wash at 1st avenue and Edmonton trail, and the place appears to be closed now. This would be a great site for a new mid-rise.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring2008 View Post
^I think the bus barns are getting moved.

Another new 100+ unit in Bridgeland. Looks decent.

http://bridgelandhill.gablecrafthomes.ca/
Simple and effective, knocks another large hole off the list of lots in Bridgeland.

Does anyone have the total number of units proposed or under construction in Bridgeland / Renfrew? Seems like we have been adding a lot in that area
  • Crossings 1 + 2: 300 units
  • Einstien: 100 units
  • Steps: 150 units
  • Gablecraft: 100+ units
  • Park 34: 30 units
  • Lucca?: 30 units

That is not bad at all. Keep it up Bridgeland, show those Hillhurst/Sunnyside NIMBYs what you can do

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 9:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterG View Post
Does anyone have the total number of units proposed or under construction in Bridgeland / Renfrew? Seems like we have been adding a lot in that area
  • Crossings 1 + 2: 300 units
  • Einstien: 100 units
  • Steps: 150 units
  • Gablecraft: 100+ units
  • Park 34: 30 units
  • Lucca?: 30 units

That is not bad at all. Keep it up Bridgeland, show those Hillhurst/Sunnyside NIMBYs what you can do
Next at 130 units and Macpherson place at 100+units are recent additions too.

Park43, Lifft, Lucido etc are all coming in around 40 units. Then there's some smaller projects popping up.

I hope the remaining land in Bridges 3 gets eaten up as well as the western potion of 1st ave ne next. This neighborhood has serious potential.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring2008 View Post
Next at 130 units and Macpherson place at 100+units are recent additions too.

Park43, Lifft, Lucido etc are all coming in around 40 units. Then there's some smaller projects popping up.

I hope the remaining land in Bridges 3 gets eaten up as well as the western potion of 1st ave ne next. This neighborhood has serious potential.
Wonderful! I went to blue star diner with a friend a few weeks ago in the eve and it was so quiet in bridgeland. They need more amenities! It's like a ghost town there

Old Posted Sep 1, 2014, 2:46 AM

Many of you have no doubt seen these before, but here are a few renders I don't remember seeing here:
1200 59th Avenue SE

Revised Heritage Commercial

A view of MRV west that I don't remember seeing before:

Seton Courtyard Marriot (3750 Market Street SE)

What I think is an embarrassingly poorly labelled floor plan for Torode:

A peek at the back of the Windsor that I haven't seen:

Springbank Point (722 85 Street SW at OBCR - already well underway)

Source

Old Posted Sep 1, 2014, 2:48 AM

1319 Edmonton Trail

Old Posted Sep 1, 2014, 2:59 PM
BANNED

Torode's u/c mixed use is on the south side of 17th. The one above appears to be pba.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2014, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyLucky View Post
A view of MRV west that I don't remember seeing before:
Looking better and better. Would be great if they had a rooftop patio or garden or something. I recall they had a parkade access from 16 Avenue. Has this been removed? Only access from the lane?

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 1:46 AM
BANNED

New proposal for Bridgeland:

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.E.Pennypacker View Post
Here you go - basically the LUD changes propose increased density and height to the overall site, with additional consideration for increased frontage along Edmonton Trail (hope the image quality is sufficient)

Minto's Edmonton Trail Development by go_leafs_go15, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 9:34 PM
BANNED

Avli in Inglewood, those are big balconies. Launching in Nov, think pre-sales have already started. I like this proposal for the area:

http://www.avlicondos.ca/gallery/

Old Posted Oct 17, 2014, 3:51 AM

What a fantastic design for a low rise. Inglewood is starting to really take off.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates