HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
828 Perdido St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: Y0XFE4
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Alexandra Shabouk
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/24/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Change of Use from R-2 to R-1 to convert Apt to Hotel. Minimal upgrades to life safety as per plans

Factors Row to be a Stay Alfred Property:

http://www.stayalfred.com/

What happened? I thought Factors Row was supposed to be apartments and commercial. I'm kind of disappointed in this...

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 3:40 PM

Between Factor's Row and 1031 Canal, one has to believe local developers have gotten a little ahead of themselves in building apartments.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 4:56 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternSon View Post
Between Factor's Row and 1031 Canal, one has to believe local developers have gotten a little ahead of themselves in building apartments.
Its really just a money issue. Everyone has their business plans . Hotels are very lucrative as well. Factors Row was always going to corporate furnished apartment route... so this is just giving them more options to rent more as a legal air bnb then just apartments.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 4:58 PM
-

Quote:
1031 is simply a very very expensive building and the return on apartments is riskier than hotel for a building the expensive. There are no tax credits etc for a project like that.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 8:05 PM

Also very disappointed to see more hotels and no apartments with Factors' Row and 1031 Canal. We'll eventually have to change the name of the CBD to the Central Hotel District.

More tourists, less residents... It's better than empty buildings but not by much at this point.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 8:26 PM

Looks like the SMD site plan has changed a little again and is much more specific. I like the return of the plaza. I don't understand if the upper left block is included in the 259/211 numbers or if it's an unlabeled future phase. Hopefully the latter, because that will mean some serious density along Loyola Ave.

Last year's site plan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Interesting... here is the previous for comparison.

Looks like "The Standard" will have far fewer units than anticipated, down to 90 from 130. The deleted units from The Standard have been shifted to the final phase along Loyola, plus an extra 40.

The retail has been cut significantly, and the public parking component along with it. Now the parking is only accessory spots for the apartments. Looks like Domain has not gotten the strong interest from retailers that they were counting on.

Also looks like they deleted the little connecting street/court from Loyola to Rampart. Not a huge loss but that would have been a nice feature.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 10:04 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderOz View Post
Also very disappointed to see more hotels and no apartments with Factors' Row and 1031 Canal. We'll eventually have to change the name of the CBD to the Central Hotel District.

More tourists, less residents... It's better than empty buildings but not by much at this point.
There are a lot of apartments under construction right now so I wouldnt go that far. Also, as i said factors row is more coporate rentals( some short and some longer). The change to hotel just allows them to do short and longer term. 1031 is just a rumor i heard but have no other information about!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 10:10 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
Looks like the SMD site plan has changed a little again and is much more specific. I like the return of the plaza. I don't understand if the upper left block is included in the 259/211 numbers or if it's an unlabeled future phase. Hopefully the latter, because that will mean some serious density along Loyola Ave.

Last year's site plan:

Since The Standard is going to be condos and not apartments the unit reduction is to expected since condos are generally much larger than apartments.

Def agree that the plaza is much better than the street cutting through to south rampart. ALso, that 259 number is def only referring to next building. The other phase is im sure to be determined at the time.

as far as retail, I think the prices are pretty high and they arent allowing restaurants into the beacon from what i recall too.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 10:20 PM

Torres' 382 unit Bayou St. John apartment complex approved by planning commission:
http://www.nola.com/realestate-news/...r_orleans_news

The portion closer to the Bayou supposedly will contain "shopping and a movie theater" and will be proposed once the residential portion is in motion. It will be interesting to see what kind of design is proposed. I was hoping that residential and commercial would be mixed throughout the area.

Also nice find on the SMD changes. Two larger buildings on Loyola is more pedestrian friendly than something taking the entire block. To fit that many apartments, parking and retail, it will probably need to be close to 20 floors.
I'm surprised that work hasn't started on the standard, at least as of last week. Torres has had crews clearing his site for weeks now and it hasn't even gotten all of the approvals.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 11:23 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Torres' 382 unit Bayou St. John apartment complex approved by planning commission:
http://www.nola.com/realestate-news/...r_orleans_news

The portion closer to the Bayou supposedly will contain "shopping and a movie theater" and will be proposed once the residential portion is in motion. It will be interesting to see what kind of design is proposed. I was hoping that residential and commercial would be mixed throughout the area.

Also nice find on the SMD changes. Two larger buildings on Loyola is more pedestrian friendly than something taking the entire block. To fit that many apartments, parking and retail, it will probably need to be close to 20 floors.
I'm surprised that work hasn't started on the standard, at least as of last week. Torres has had crews clearing his site for weeks now and it hasn't even gotten all of the approvals.
I was chekcing permit for the standard and its not approved yet but the demo is. That building there though will take like two or three days to remove. Guess we shall see!

Anyone heard anything about the Virgin Hotel ? i checked permit and it hasnt changed since september. I think it was applied for to beat the czo change since the district it was in takes a hotel from permitted to conditional use, so wonder what the real time frame was./ is on this project?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Anyone heard anything about the Virgin Hotel ? i checked permit and it hasnt changed since september. I think it was applied for to beat the czo change since the district it was in takes a hotel from permitted to conditional use, so wonder what the real time frame was./ is on this project?
Hardly a reputable source of development information, but last month's NY Post article about New Orleans officially being a "hipster hotspot" included something about the Virgin Hotel New Orleans announcing a 2018 opening date.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 7:12 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas View Post
Hardly a reputable source of development information, but last month's NY Post article about New Orleans officially being a "hipster hotspot" included something about the Virgin Hotel New Orleans announcing a 2018 opening date.
well that date makes sense!

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 10:19 PM

Halal Guys on Freret?

Looks like the next franchise won't be in the GG's space on Magazine, but on Freret...

http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf...w_orleans.html

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 11:21 PM

Tennis, just saw the pics of your house.

I like your use of nighttime lighting, not only on your house, but also on your Lakeview office. Good work.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 11:36 PM
-

Quote:
Looks like the next franchise won't be in the GG's space on Magazine, but on Freret...

http://www.nola.com/dining/index.ssf...w_orleans.html
where on freret?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2016, 11:57 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1 View Post
Tennis, just saw the pics of your house.

I like your use of nighttime lighting, not only on your house, but also on your Lakeview office. Good work.
Thanks alot for the compliments! heres some pics of my house and the area around it from today:

1600 and 1630 Canal Hotels:

Ochnser Medical Clinic (Canal and Carrollton):

419 Carondelet St·Interior Demolition ·Ref Code: SLH7EM
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Interior Demolition
Applicant:
Beau Baudier
Zoning Review
Date Filed:
6/24/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Interior demolition in preparation for eventual renovation. Removal of materials damaged by leaking roof. Related to permit for all three buildings: 419, 421, 423 Carondelet. Plans to follow. No use and occupancy.

3940 Thalia St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: CCAMLF
Download (12) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Justin Boswell
Application Review
Date Filed:
6/28/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Convert vacant space into a brewery as per plans.

Last edited by tennis1400; Jun 30, 2016 at 2:34 AM.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2016, 9:21 PM

Armstrong Airport terminal construction delayed by contract dispute
By Katherine Sayre, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...river_home_pop

Quote:
The construction manager with a $598 million contract to build a new terminal at Louis Armstrong International Airport warned the New Orleans Aviation Board last week that a months-long dispute with a concrete company in the project's disadvantaged business enterprise program is delaying work and could have a significant impact on the project.

"Our DBE plan is being impacted, our ability to control our quality is being impacted, and we are losing precious days," said Matthew Moore, president of Gibbs Construction, one of four companies in a joint venture overseeing the terminal project, in a June 22 letter.

The airport was notified of an "impact to the approved baseline schedule" by the construction manager, although exactly what impact, including any delays, isn't specified.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2016, 12:37 AM

Nevermind...

Armstrong Airport settles construction contract dispute, avoiding delay
By Katherine Sayre, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...art_river_home
Quote:
A contract dispute that threatened to delay construction of a new terminal at Louis Armstrong International Airport was settled Thursday (June 30) after a Kenner concrete company chose to walk away from the project.

The new 30-gate terminal is still scheduled to open on Oct. 1, 2018, said Ryan Berni, Mayor Mitch Landrieu's deputy mayor for external affairs.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2016, 5:17 PM

Thank you.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2016, 2:16 PM

What is being built at the corner of Napoleon and Claiborne on the Broadmoor corner?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations