HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 6, 2024, 7:13 PM
Chris

Small-ish site, but perhaps another tower in Logan Square?

Center City office building for sale as redevelopment opportunity
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=3#cxrecs_s

Old Posted May 6, 2024, 7:49 PM

Thank goodness, this site has been begging for redevelopment. CMX-3 zoning with 5.0 FAR, we could see some decent infill here too.

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 10:48 AM

Large Philadelphia development projects hampered by 'extremely difficult' financing market

Article cites Schuylkill Yards, Durst Penn's Landing, and 1801 Vine St/Family Court as on hold for the time.

we're probably in the longest period between new high-rises getting announced since I joined the site. Philly went on a hell of a decade-long run of building though. Seemed like every 4 or 5 weeks, we would get another announcement for years. The skyline is definitely improved and looks a good deal denser imo, particularly from the east and west vantage points. Comcast Technology Center, the W Hotel, and Laurel being the best additions to the center of the skyline. I wish we could have got one more mixed-use building like 2100 Market off the ground. The Rittenhouse condo towers are probably our best bet to see a real tall cranes in center city for the foreseeable future.

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 1:32 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
Large Philadelphia development projects hampered by 'extremely difficult' financing market

Article cites Schuylkill Yards, Durst Penn's Landing, and 1801 Vine St/Family Court as on hold for the time.

we're probably in the longest period between new high-rises getting announced since I joined the site. Philly went on a hell of a decade-long run of building though. Seemed like every 4 or 5 weeks, we would get another announcement for years. The skyline is definitely improved and looks a good deal denser imo, particularly from the east and west vantage points. Comcast Technology Center, the W Hotel, and Laurel being the best additions to the center of the skyline. I wish we could have got one more mixed-use building like 2100 Market off the ground. The Rittenhouse condo towers are probably our best bet to see a real tall cranes in center city for the foreseeable future.
And hopefully Pearl's new ~414' Jeweler's Row tower will move forward within a year.

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
And hopefully Pearl's new ~414' Jeweler's Row tower will move forward within a year.
Good point, and from a skyline standpoint, a 400ft+ building in Market East makes a pretty good addition and balances out the skyline more.

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 8:13 PM

It looks like the space where the red tower (Schuylkill Yards) was to go, is being turned back into a parking lot.

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 9:01 PM

Delete

Last edited by TK2001; May 17, 2024 at 12:39 AM.

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by begoonie View Post
It looks like the space where the red tower (Schuylkill Yards) was to go, is being turned back into a parking lot.
Oy. That site really is a key link in making that area feel more vibrant. Wonder if they will go back to the drawing board and do multi family or a hotel.

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 5:53 AM

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 12:26 PM

^^^^^ Noice!

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 1:43 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio5 View Post
Oy. That site really is a key link in making that area feel more vibrant. Wonder if they will go back to the drawing board and do multi family or a hotel.
Brandywine recently stated that they need an anchor tenant in order to start construction. I think we will eventually see this tower, but not for a while.

Surprised Brandywine hasn't pivoted to a hotel concept, it would do really well at this location. Though maybe difficult to mix a hotel and lab space?

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Brandywine recently stated that they need an anchor tenant in order to start construction. I think we will eventually see this tower, but not for a while.

Surprised Brandywine hasn't pivoted to a hotel concept, it would do really well at this location. Though maybe difficult to mix a hotel and lab space?
A hotel will do really well in about 10 spots in this town. We seriously need like 5. But this spot would probably be the best spot in the city for a sweet new hotel.

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
Good point, and from a skyline standpoint, a 400ft+ building in Market East makes a pretty good addition and balances out the skyline more.
Arbour House massing by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio5 View Post
I'm just hoping this could be the start of construction. I will be sad if the design changes, especially if the red hue is dropped. One or two months ago I commented on the PAU's post of Schuylkill Yards saying I'm hoping the red tower starts. They said they couldn't wait either, possibly alluding that's still the plan

Old Posted May 18, 2024, 3:58 AM

Philadelphia skyline massing early May 1989 by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Philadelphia skyline massing late June 1989 by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Philadelphia skyline massing early August 1989 by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Philadelphia skyline massing early September 1989 by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Philadelphia skyline massing late October 1989 by Philly SkyGuy, on Flickr

Two Liberty Place was above ground in January 1989 and topped out in late September. Mellon Bank Center was above ground in February 1989 and topped out October 25, 1989

Old Posted May 19, 2024, 3:25 AM

Does anyone here know if this building will have an observation deck open to the public on the top floor of 3101 Market Street and the Transit Terminal Tower. An observation deck on the top of 3101 Market Street and the Transit Terminal Tower would be a good idea as Philadelphia currently lacks an observation deck like what was seen at One Liberty Place from 2015 to 2020. The Legends Tower in Oklahoma City is planned to have one on the top floor, so this might be a good idea to include one on top of these two buildings as well. Inspiration for an observation deck on top of these two buildings could come from One Vanderbilt in New York City, the Willis Tower in Chicago, the Empire State Building in New York City, The Shard in London, and the Vue Orleans in New Orleans.

Old Posted May 19, 2024, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchGuy1 View Post
Does anyone here know if this building will have an observation deck open to the public on the top floor of 3101 Market Street and the Transit Terminal Tower. An observation deck on the top of 3101 Market Street and the Transit Terminal Tower would be a good idea as Philadelphia currently lacks an observation deck like what was seen at One Liberty Place from 2015 to 2020. The Legends Tower in Oklahoma City is planned to have one on the top floor, so this might be a good idea to include one on top of these two buildings as well. Inspiration for an observation deck on top of these two buildings could come from One Vanderbilt in New York City, the Willis Tower in Chicago, the Empire State Building in New York City, The Shard in London, and the Vue Orleans in New Orleans.
Those buildings are hypothetical visions, not actual proposals. I doubt either of them ever gets built.

We really need an observation deck. I've heard rumblings about Liberty Place coming back, but nothing to actually back anything up.

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted May 19, 2024, 3:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
Those buildings are hypothetical visions, not actual proposals. I doubt either of them ever gets built.

We really need an observation deck. I've heard rumblings about Liberty Place coming back, but nothing to actually back anything up.
Those two buildings should certainly have an observation deck featured as part of their plans.

Old Posted May 19, 2024, 2:04 PM

As I responded on Yimby Forums and the response above, the tower is only visionary. Not a real project poised to happen.

As for One Liberty, the 57th and 58th floor have been up for lease since the end of 2020. The 57th floor is labeled as a penthouse and both 57th and 58th are to be leased in combination, but I hope a company can open up an observation deck on BOTH floors

Old Posted May 19, 2024, 7:44 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchGuy1 View Post
The Legends Tower in Oklahoma City is planned to have one on the top floor, so this might be a good idea to include one on top of these two buildings as well.
I know this a Philly forum, but this ridiculous project is not happening. The "planned" supertall in U City is more likely to happen than this.

Last edited by PHLtoNYC; May 19, 2024 at 9:09 PM.

Old Posted May 19, 2024, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
As I responded on Yimby Forums and the response above, the tower is only visionary. Not a real project poised to happen.

As for One Liberty, the 57th and 58th floor have been up for lease since the end of 2020. The 57th floor is labeled as a penthouse and both 57th and 58th are to be leased in combination, but I hope a company can open up an observation deck on BOTH floors
Why do we need an observation tower? Just go to Four Seasons and buy a drink and one would get the same, if not better, view.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations