HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 5:38 PM

^
Weather permitting I'll be at the Pirates game next Monday, I'll let you know how the scoreboard looks after dark. I've seen big screens in other stadiums at night and don't remember them being more noticeable than the bright lights which light up the field, so I'm guessing it won't be very distracting. Really looking forward to seeing it now after your comments.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 6:45 PM
Content provider

I've been to two day games and didn't hate it. I agree that when it is "at rest" during game play it's ok. As at Fenway Park, the framing of the stats etc. has a matte green look, so it blends pretty well

at night, at least on TV, it looks like they need to light the old centerfield scoreboard brighter, as it gets drowned out and looks like it's back in a dark corner

and when the right field board is done they are going to lift that Budweiser sign up on top of it, is that correct?

Old Posted May 7, 2015, 12:13 AM

Right field board is up and ready for the Mets series on Monday. Note the stairway for the left field bleachers that will also be ready for that series.

Left Field Porch offers a mix of standing room and bleacher seating options beneath the new left field video board for groups of up to 100 people.

The new Left Field Well features space close to the action in the first two rows above the left field wall with designated standing room and limited seating for groups of 15 to 50 fans.

Bleacher entrance

h/t Wrigley Renovations

Old Posted May 23, 2015, 7:44 PM

Old Posted Jun 13, 2015, 4:16 PM
dream fast

6/11

Last edited by george; Jun 14, 2015 at 3:19 PM.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2015, 6:38 AM

I really hate all of the Budweiser branding. Could some asshat at AB-InBev please wake up and realize that they could massively expand the influence of Goose Island by using it in these advertising spaces? Cubs fans immediately associate Budweiser with the Cardinals, but most are not educated enough to know that AB-InBev owns GI. But at least it would 'feel' more local.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2015, 1:30 PM
The City

Plus, Budweiser is crap. Who even drinks that any more?

Old Posted Jun 14, 2015, 3:14 PM
dream fast

6/11

Old Posted Jun 15, 2015, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitledreality View Post
I really hate all of the Budweiser branding. Could some asshat at AB-InBev please wake up and realize that they could massively expand the influence of Goose Island by using it in these advertising spaces? Cubs fans immediately associate Budweiser with the Cardinals, but most are not educated enough to know that AB-InBev owns GI. But at least it would 'feel' more local.
I totally agree, sho nuff.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2015, 4:54 PM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...ight-and-wrong

June 17, 2015
REVIEW
What the Wrigley Field renovations got right—and wrong
Comments Email Print
By: EDWARD KEEGAN

..........The bleachers are the most startling change and alter the essential character of the ballpark in ways that were missed during the required design scrutiny by the city's Commission on Chicago Landmarks and the National Park Service. The original landmark designation report noted that the inside of the ballpark was “visually enclosed by the row of buildings that face Waveland and Sheffield Avenues.”

These facades mostly predate the century-old ballpark and, while they've almost all become commercial establishments providing entertainment and rooftop viewing of games, their architectural character reflects the essential neighborhood character of Lakeview, with the distinctive Chicago three-flat and six-flat types predominating. The new left and right field bleacher structures are now tall enough that they block the interior view of Waveland and Sheffield, irrevocably destroying an important defining characteristic...........

Old Posted Jun 19, 2015, 1:07 PM

Apologies if this was already discussed in this thread, but does anyone know why the RF video board has so much internal space/depth to it?

It almost looks deep enough to house interior rooms behind it.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2015, 1:58 PM
BANNED

ease of repair and upgrades.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2015, 6:33 PM

The historic caretaker's house made its way back to Wrigley last Thursday. (h/t Cubs)

Barry Fischer captured this great view of the triangle lot last May.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2015, 7:17 PM
BANNED

^ Good find. They currently have concrete set up to street level. Can anyone confirm how long that tunnel has been there, and to where exactly it leads?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2015, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
^ Good find. They currently have concrete set up to street level. Can anyone confirm how long that tunnel has been there, and to where exactly it leads?
An Engineer's View Of The Wrigley Field 1060 Project

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 9:24 PM

The right-field side has the Red Line Grill (left field has Waveland Grill)

The new "PLATFORM 14" (named to honor Ernie Banks) on the upper level behind the scoreboard. On Platform 14 area was the inclusion of a menu from Hot Doug's, the gourmet hot-dog place on the Northwest Side of Chicago that closed last year.

On the upper level there's "Three Fingers," which is named after Cubs Hall of Fame pitcher Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown. "Three Fingers" is a full-service bar located behind the right field bleachers that serves made-to-order cocktails and specialty beverages (photo 23).

The lower levels already have spaces for the bullpens marked and set to open next season (photo 11).

h/t Bleed Cubbie Blue

Old Posted Aug 7, 2015, 12:51 AM
dream fast

7/24 Cubs vs Philly, Philly swept...

Old Posted Aug 7, 2015, 5:30 AM

Once all of these renovations are done, how much of the original ballpark will be left? It seems like just the steel structure and some brick facades to me.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2015, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail>Auto View Post
Once all of these renovations are done, how much of the original ballpark will be left? It seems like just the steel structure and some brick facades to me.
little to none, but most of the ballpark isnt "original" in any true sense anyway. bleachers have been rebuilt numerous times, luxury boxes have been tacked on, etc.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2015, 11:00 PM

Frame work has started for offices/parking as part of plaza (triangle lot) outside Wrigley. (Carrie Muskat)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development