HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Feb 6, 2011, 9:25 PM

Handsome town and more substantial than I expected. I have always wondered about the relationship between Cedar Rapids & Iowa City. Never been to either city.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2011, 5:21 AM

It's great to know that such a great city has not recovered after the flood, but more sprung ahead. The population has, against many odds, grown to about 130,000 people, and The US Cellular Center and Crowne Plaza Hotel are being currently torn down so a newer, and in my opinion, much more appealing than the old building can be built. It should add a nice new addition to a nice skyline. After living there for 3 years I feel somewhat connected to the city, it's one of those places that's really hard to forget, in a good way, of course! Here are some poor-quality photos of Cedar Rapids that I took in July. The Roosevelt Hotel from I-380 City Hall with the Alliant Tower in the background Cedar River Tower Another Picture of City Hall The Alliant Tower (My Profile Picture) The Quaker Oats Factory The APAC Building The Cedar River Tower and The Alliant Tower The Alliant Tower and the APAC Building The US Cellular Center and Crowne Plaza Hotel, Soon to be Demolished

Last edited by EncoderDecode; Sep 18, 2011 at 6:21 AM.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2011, 11:14 PM

The city where I was born! I have been fortunate enough to acquire some interesting books about the city published in the 30's-60's. I'd be willing to make scans if anyone is actually interested. The city actually has a very interesting history to it.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2011, 3:58 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

while i do not see structures of note, what i do see is much much more impressive -- no teardown parking lot gaps. the density looks remarkably intact. this is what we want of our city centers -- excellent!

Old Posted Sep 22, 2011, 9:38 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos