HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted May 30, 2023, 2:42 AM
Community Guy

July 20-23 - Pro volleyball in ICE
https://icedistrict.com/event/volley...ly-20-23-2023/

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 2, 2023, 2:06 PM
Community Guy

Reference ID: Job No 473571707-002
Description: To operate a Special Event (Sustainival Alberta; operating from June 8 to 11, 2023)
Plan 1425251 Blk 9E Lot 7
Applicant: EDMONTON OILERS HOCKEY CORP (EDMONTON OILERS)
Create Date: 2023-05-29T11:05:04Z
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

Old Posted Jun 10, 2023, 4:33 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Jun 30, 2023, 8:13 PM
Community Guy

Reference ID: Job No 475911804-002
Description: To operate a 4-day Special Event (Volleyball World Beach Pro Tour, July 20-23, 2023)
Plan 1425251 Blk 9E Lot 7
Applicant: EDMONTON OILERS HOCKEY CORP (EDMONTON OILERS)
Create Date: 2023-06-20T15:30:30Z
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

Old Posted Jul 18, 2023, 9:29 PM

Not seeing a lot of big name concerts coming to Edmonton this summer. Anyone in the know have a reason?

https://edmontonjournal.com/shopping...coming-in-2023

Old Posted Jul 19, 2023, 9:15 PM
A Better Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket252 View Post
Not seeing a lot of big name concerts coming to Edmonton this summer. Anyone in the know have a reason?

More like, few big name concerts coming to Alberta in general, most are just Toronto, Vancouver and/or Montreal.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2023, 3:04 AM

Quote:

As I understand it, a notable reason for fewer tours coming north is the poor CAD - USD exchange rate. Who knows though.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2023, 3:34 PM

Quote:

What a poorly written article. KISS is playing at Rogers Place in Edmonton on Nov 10, not in Vancouver. There's no mention of Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, Tool, Iron Maiden, Godsmack and Depeche Mode playing in Edmonton this year. It's all about the Big 3 cities.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2023, 2:05 AM

Iron Maiden is Sept 30, Godsmack (who ever they are??) is Oct. 12, Tool is Oct 25 and Depeche Mode is Nov 21st at Rogers Place. Bruce Springston and Rod Stewart playing Nov. 12 and Aug 15 respectively. I am a bit surprised Lionel Ritchie not coming back here as it was an outstanding and well attended concert when he was here last (2 years ago?) Your correct, Shitty article.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2023, 3:10 AM
Community Guy

Who remembers this pitch?

Old Posted Aug 15, 2023, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Who remembers this pitch?
A small/medium purpose-built concert venue downtown like this would be so much better than artists having to book in old nightclubs like Midway and Union Hall which, especially in the case of Union, are awful live venues.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2023, 7:09 PM
Community Guy

The 37th Edmonton International Film Festival arrives Sept. 21-Oct. 1!

EIFF season is almost upon us once again! With incredible short films, eye-opening Q&As, and exclusive Gala events, the Edmonton International Film Festival is more exciting than ever! And with FOUR venues to choose from, It's A Marathon!

This year, we're excited to announce that we're screening at the LEDCOR Theatre at the Art Gallery of Alberta, the Muttart Theatre at the Stanley A. Milner Library, Metro Cinema at the renowned Garneau Theatre, and the Telus World of Science's massive IMAX screen.

As an early treat for you, our incredible audience, we're announcing our Shorts (including LUNCHBOX!), our Opening and Closing Night Galas, and a selection of our Q&A screenings– along with our Tickets and All-Access Passes!

Opening and Closing Night Gala + After-Party tickets are available now for $40! Quantities are very limited, so secure your ticket today! Party details are still being ironed out, but you don't want to miss these HOT ticket events!

6-pack tickets are available now for $75! Get six admissions for the price of five, valid for all screenings except LUNCHBOX Shorts and Gala After-Party.

Finally, our All-Access Pass returns! $199 for one admission to every screening, including LUNCHBOX Shorts and all Gala events!

Tickets and Passes are available now at

https://eiff2023.eventive.org/welcome

Old Posted Aug 15, 2023, 8:09 PM
A Better Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanYEG View Post
A small/medium purpose-built concert venue downtown like this would be so much better than artists having to book in old nightclubs like Midway and Union Hall which, especially in the case of Union, are awful live venues.
Yup, the fact we have a lack of smaller good music venues only strengthens the case for this concept. Union Hall has terrible acoustics and sightlines, yet I've been forced to go to shows there many times as it's one of the only games in town.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2023, 4:58 PM
Community Guy

Our entire 2023 Schedule has been announced!
Welcome back EIFF-lovers! Our festival dates draw ever nearer, and our team is so excited to bring you the best in short and feature-length cinema! This September 21 to October 1, we have over 25 feature films and 70 short films to keep you in the theatre with a fresh-popped bag of popcorn!

There are some MASSIVE titles this year; from Palme d'or 2023 Winner ANATOMY OF A FALL, to Michel Gondry's THE BOOK OF SOLUTIONS, to the uproarious (and Canadian!) SUZE, through the horrors of South Korean sensation SLEEP, and all the way to Elliott Page's first leading role in six years: CLOSE TO YOU.

Want even more details? Visit our Eventive, where you'll find our schedule, passes, and all the information you'll need to make this EIFF your best EIFF yet!

https://eiff2023.eventive.org/welcom...eid=bb714e39f9

Passes are on sale now! Our Opening and Closing Night Galas are selling quick, and you won't want to miss them!

LUNCHBOX SHORTS ARE STILL DOWNTOWN!
The Muttart Theatre is located INSIDE the Stanley Milner Library (The one at Churchill Square)

Prices have gone up to $20 as food costs continue to rise. We know. Inflation sucks, but unfortunately it affects us too.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2023, 4:22 AM
Community Guy

Old Posted Sep 20, 2023, 8:05 PM
Community Guy

REMINDER!

The 37th EIFF is coming tomorrow, and we're so excited! Another year of amazing films, eye-opening Q&As, and stunning Galas and after-parties!

Tickets are still on sale, and are moving quickly! LUNCHBOX and both Opening and Closing Night Gala tickets are moving fast, don't miss out! Purchase your tickets on Eventive today (no door sales available for EIFF '23 events)

Shorts are kicking off strong starting this Friday! Join us this weekend starting Friday at the Muttart Theatre at the Stanley A Milner Library and the LEDCOR Theatre at the Art Gallery of Alberta for our STUDIO A and SHORT STOP short film programmes! ALL Studio A programs have guests attending for Q&As, so make sure you pick up your tickets today and get a closer look at Albertan cinema!

Old Posted Oct 25, 2023, 6:39 PM

CFR coming back next year - Yee Haw

Old Posted Oct 25, 2023, 8:02 PM
Community Guy

Massive for the city, hotels, truck sales, retailers and food/bev.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2023, 9:55 PM
A Better Place

Also, the Style Experience FIS Snowboard Big Air World Cup is coming back to Commonwealth Stadium on December 9th (https://www.shredthenorth.ca/en/even...onton-big-air/).

The fact they are coming back must mean they enjoyed the initial event last year and were pleased with how it turned out. I was there on the Saturday and had a good time and will potentially go again this year.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2023, 5:16 PM

Hearing rumors that the BluesFest will be at the Expo grounds this year and they are looking at building an amphitheater or some structure onsite. Has anyone heard any news on this?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton